OCR01608 - Addams Family "Nightmare on Cemetery Lane"

djpretzel

Watching the time attack for this game, this mix would have fit very well in place of the original. A great upgrade arrangement that THANKFULLY did its own thing in the second half to save it. Very well put together, and always a enjoyable listen, Ryan. Don't listen to Vigilante about your orchestration. He smells like cat pee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great orchestration, excellent bite on your low strings, and a super feel throughout. I love the crescendos and the full hits, and the 3 note oboe motif is as mentioned before very well used as a subtle hook.

I hope I can someday master my orchestral samples and use them as effortlessly as you seem to. Very awesome work.

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't remember playing this game much, I probly didn't even get past the first level (infamously bad player, remember?) anyway, I don't remember the music. But this song makes me want to find that game and listen to this track. The remix you've made is breathtaking in it's cinematic qualities, I love what you've done here.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a very grand take on the cemetery theme -- excellent work! The orchestral take on this is quite well done, and it stays just close enough to the source to be recognizable while taking enough liberties to imbue this track with a feel of something you may hear in an orchestra hall.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01608 - Addams Family "Nightmare on Cemetery Lane"