OCR00798 - Final Fantasy VIII "Man with Another Trance Machine"

orkybash

Oh man... I was hoping for such great things... But I was utterly disappointed... I really like the original song, and this remix lets me down. It sounds kinda like he took the midi, erased some of it, and added in a cheezy house beat behind it.

My rating?

Original Song (The Man With a Machine Gun; Laguna's Battle Theme from FFVIII): 9/10

Remix (Man With Another Trance Machine): 1.75/10

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, this is a hard one. I play FF sooooooo freakin much and i loved this song. When i saw it here i was like yes... yes... yes yes YES :lol: ! Then I listened to it and I was like Yes!!!!.... no :evil: .. no NOOOOOOO :twisted: ! Im sorry, I just don't like it. It was way way way too much high pitched for my liking, and some things were way way way out of tune. Until... It got to the ending. And i was happy. until it got to the very ending, and then (you guessed it) I said no once more. I like the remixer, just not the song. I ASK YOU! SOMEONE! MAKE ANOTHER REMIX OF THIS SONG! IT NEEDS A GOOD REMIX! :o

• 2 weeks later...
:cry: im sorry to say that this song got me in a trance. I will have to take back my previous rating and give this song an "A". It just stuck with me all week and then i came back to play it again and now i kinda like it. wow, good job beatbox. The type of somg (trance) is real. you successfully preformed a great song, my hat off to you. :D

• 9 months later...

I'm sorry to say that this song didn't really strike me as too good. The synths are way detuned and not vibrant, and mix has little harmony whatsoever, many instruments clash in some places.

I was a bit surprised, as the source tune just sounds great by itself, I didn't think you could make a remix that squanders that potential. It may be that this genre just doesn't fit with a tune heavily reliant on harmony like the source. But actually I've heard the one from Project Majestic Mix, and it's pretty good.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

well, Beatdrop lives up to his name by emphasizing the beats here over everything else. The A theme motif played throughout the B section is distractingly off-color though. The breakdown works, and the song is well produced, but I think that the mixing of beats is overpowering, and there are some tonal issues that are a bit dissonant. Not my favorite, but I can appreciate the skill going into making it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00798 - Final Fantasy VIII "Man with Another Trance Machine"