Dynamite Headdy

Jaybell

I'm pretty sure I whined about the lack of Treasure remixes somewhere else, too. Oh well. And, yeah, no one reads these dang ol' things anyways. But it's worth a shot.

Here is the soundtrack.

Awesome, right? How aren't there more remixes of this? Hustle Maruyama is just awesome, and You're Izayoi is just BEGGING for a metal remix. There's so much unfound remixing potential in this soundtrack, it's ridiculous. Schumacer Fly! South Town's Theme! Sky High! The list goes on and on. And on.

So what are you waiting for? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am coming back from the dead/dormant lurking state to PROFESS MY INFINITE LOVE FOR THIS TOPIC.

Yes pleas, more Dynamite Headdy. And by more, I mean... any!

All the tracks Jaybell listed are my personal picks too. "Walk Towards Me" is extremely catchy to me for some reason, as well. Maybe some kind of uppity marching band mix? Anything. I'll take anything :P I just want this game to get some ReMix'n love.

• 3 weeks later...

This gets the BUMP DE BUMP.

Although there's not much I can add to this thread other than MOAR DYNAMITE HEADDY PLZKTHX.

You know who would kick a rather large amount of ass with this soundtrack? MAZEDUDE. But Mazedude kicks ass with any soundtrack, or at all. And the odds that he will see this are slim to none...

• 2 weeks later...

This game was, and still is, one of my most favorite games of all time. In fact, shortly after discovering this website, I was looking under "D" for this game, and was saddened to see no entries for poor Dynamite Headdy.

Some remixes for these songs could be the greatest things in this world. Such as it was mentioned before: a "You're Izayoi" hard metal remix would sound fantasatic, and a piano-only version of "A Ballad for You" would be absolutely B-E-A-utiful. A rock version of Sky High would also...i'm drooling, here.

Believe me, if I knew the first thing about remixing music, i'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

As would I! That's usually what I say to myself whenever I hear a bitchin' video game soundtrack I go "man if i could remix..."

I should try to remix again. See what I can get out of this, mebbe.

Or better yet, someone who can REMIX could take a stab at this!

Come on! You've clearly been seeing this float to the top of the request page every week or so! (Mostly thanks to me and my whiny-ness.) This game CLEARLY deserve some love.

• 4 months later...
This game was, and still is, one of my most favorite games of all time. In fact, shortly after discovering this website, I was looking under "D" for this game, and was saddened to see no entries for poor Dynamite Headdy.

Some remixes for these songs could be the greatest things in this world. Such as it was mentioned before: a "You're Izayoi" hard metal remix would sound fantasatic, and a piano-only version of "A Ballad for You" would be absolutely B-E-A-utiful. A rock version of Sky High would also...i'm drooling, here.

Believe me, if I knew the first thing about remixing music, i'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Bumping this to say this is the best idea ever and i agree with all of the above! If I had the sheet music for "A Ballad for You" i'd probably start playing :( ill just have to play by ear instead :P

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

*Bump*

I'm pretty much echoing everything that's already been said in this thread, but obscure games need love too. The Dynamite Headdy soundtrack is has a ridiculous amount of potential and yet remixes are nowhere to be found.

And not only Dynamite Headdy, but Treasure in general. Gunstar Heroes has a single remix. It's lonely. It needs friends. Alien Soldier is even less well known since it was never released in North America, but once again it has an amazing soundtrack. There's even a remix of "Seven Force" from Gunstars on it (Craziness!).

I'll be happy with anything. I'll download low kbps WIPs that cutout halfway through the song. Please OC Remix... :puppyeyes:

*Bump*

I'll be happy with anything. I'll download low kbps WIPs that cutout halfway through the song. Please OC Remix... :puppyeyes:

Don't be mad afterward if that sentence backfires at you. :mrgreen:

I'll listen to the album, and post if I'm confident I got enough skill to do something good.

No cutout, half-finished things here. A good game deserves some good remixes.

An excellent start to what will hopefully be MOAR Dynamite Headdy remixes.

Thanks!

Glad you liked it. Hopefully yes, more will be coming.

And I hope some other remixers will join and give Dynamite Headdy some of the love that it deserves.

That and...

No cutout, half-finished things here. A good game deserves some good remixes.

I actually have the feeling that this is going to backfires at me. :mrgreen:

Tracks of interest for Dynamite Headdy may include:

1. You're Izayoi

2. I Sing

3. Crosswalk of Love

4. A Man of Sun

5. Schumacher Fly

Dynamite Headdy fucking rocks! :D

The main problem I'm facing is that the whole soundtrack is pure awesomeness!

I can't go wrong or else I'll end-up destroying someone else childhood memories.

But something is definitely on it's way... ;-)

I don't like to burn someone else's work, especially when I have such little musical skill myself, but I had a hard time listening to these. It doesn't sound like he did it for the out of love for the game or anything, but just for the sake of rearranging something in piano. It looks like this guy has done this with a bunch of games too.

I'm glad not to be the only one thinking that there's an obvious lack of investment in this piano-remix process!

It just sounded a bit cheap to me, and by that I don't mean the sample quality.

Meanwhile, work is in progress. I Should be posting a new remix this week.

By the way, I'm planning to go for a one track per week basis, and hopefully cover all the album before the end of the year.

That will of course never be promotted as an OCR album, as I got no star power and credibility. So no one would like to collaborate.

Considering the time since this thread have been around, not so many people seem to be interested in making or listening to Treasure remixes.

So for the people that have posted here or follow this topic, and seem to value one of the greatest and under-represented title and soundtrack ever:

This little project will be for you. I hope you'll appreciate it.

one track per week

That sounds intense.

I'm looking forward to them for sure. It's kind of disappointing that these games get overlooked so much, but maybe now that someone (you) is actually giving them a shot it will get other people interested too.

I think the Genesis (and Sega in general) tends to get overshadowed by the snes and every other nintendo system. I might have to try my hand at remixing if I want to hear some of these songs get remixed (though don't expect me to post anything soon, I've got a long way to go).

Thanks for doing this project DJ Mokram. This is a pretty impressive undertaking for one person, and it won't be forgotten soon. :-)

It's kind of disappointing that these games get overlooked so much, but maybe now that someone (you) is actually giving them a shot it will get other people interested too.

I not sure about that, but let's keep an open mind just in case. ;-)

I might have to try my hand at remixing if I want to hear some of these songs get remixed (though don't expect me to post anything soon, I've got a long way to go).
Thanks for doing this project DJ Mokram. This is a pretty impressive undertaking for one person, and it won't be forgotten soon.

Well, there's a lot of great & very helpful tutorials and guides on OCR. I used some myself & that saved me a lot of time.

But if that project ( and the love for Treasure games) manages to motivate you enough to start at remixing, that would be fabulous!

Next track should be up on friday night, if all goes well.

Please keep in mind that this is a very modest personal project, as I'm still learning lots of things.

Hopefully, that'll be the best way to figure things out while having fun ...by covering almost 40 tracks by myself! :-D