Fantasy Pokémon League

Steben

So, this is a stretch, but. Does anybody remember anything about a fantasy Pokémon league that Nintendo put on seven years ago, in the summer of 2000? I believe it was put on to promote the release of the first Pokémon Stadium game.

If anyone has a link to perhaps some sort of article covering it, or has a suggestion on where to look, that'd be great. I'm currently researching obscure fantasy sports leagues, and wanted to add it to my list.

That... is an insanely obscure... thing. I don't remember hearing, seeing or reading anything about that.

I've found an article upon the formation of a league for the card game but not for Stadium. Or any other of the games. And certainly not anything official from Nintendo.

Wow. Really, really obscure. I'd have to look around a lot more. Give me an hour or so, and I might have something.

EDIT: Or just five minutes:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20000618/ai_n13859503

Not much else, though. It must have been very limited in scope and execution, because I had no idea it ever existed, and there's next to no articles on it.

Yep. Incredibly obscure. I had actually found that article, but apparently the rest of the world didn't care about it.

Actually, if you view an archived version of pokemon.com from Summer 2000, you see a reference to it and a link, but I think the actual contest was done via Flash, so it's not archived.

Thanks for your help, though.

ya know i join up on that once a long time ago but didnt win anything but it was quite fun.

basically the game play was this you first select 6 pokemon then you select 3 pokemon out of that 6 to put into battle then you waited for the end result since you couldnt pick which attack to use against the opponets or anything of the sort. i think thats how it work but of course my mind is a little rusty. I hope this info helps you out.