Looking for old OC ReMix/VGMix songs

lgtcount

Ever since my Hard drive crashed last spring, I've been trying to get back the gb's of music from ocremix/vgmix that I had downloaded. I've gotten back most all of the ocremixes (except for some that have been taken down), and quite a few of the vgmixes from cd's I had made and backed up, along with searching all over the net.

I've noticed the best way to get songs taken off ocremix, as well as lost vgmix songs, is to ask for it from others. So..

LOOKING FOR:

Roetaka - A warmer farewell (Megaman 2)

Simon Belmont - ??? (World of Warcraft)

-I noticed A Warmer Farewell was rejected from ocremix, but I personally thought it was excellent and loved it. Anyone have it?

-A user by the name Simon Belmont did a metal remix of the WoW title screen music. Can't remember name of song.. anyone remember this/have it?

• 1 year later...

hey

I got Roetaka - A warmer farewell (Megaman 2), I sent ya a PM with my email.

Anyhows that is all, I only registered here to tell you this incase ya still haven't tracked it down, gonna try delete my account now, hehe.

BTW, if there is ever a next time, or anyone else looking for something, yas should leave ya email so folks don't need to sign up.

cya

I've saved every song I downloaded since 1999, about 2000 songs. Many of them are from VGMix, here, and other sites that no longer exist. While I don't have access to the archive from this computer, I'd estimate there are one to two thousand songs.

All of them were freely distributed, but I'm not sure what the legality is to redistribute them. I didn't modify them in any way. There are some songs that were later removed from OverClocked ReMix, but I seem to recall that the site's terms allowed redistribution at the time. I also downloaded extensively from VGMix's original version as well as the second version of the site. If someone can weigh in on the legal issues, I'd be happy to zip all the songs into a huge, many GBs, torrent and provide the URL.

I've saved every song I downloaded since 1999, about 2000 songs. Many of them are from VGMix, here, and other sites that no longer exist. While I don't have access to the archive from this computer, I'd estimate there are one to two thousand songs.

All of them were freely distributed, but I'm not sure what the legality is to redistribute them. I didn't modify them in any way. There are some songs that were later removed from OverClocked ReMix, but I seem to recall that the site's terms allowed redistribution at the time. I also downloaded extensively from VGMix's original version as well as the second version of the site. If someone can weigh in on the legal issues, I'd be happy to zip all the songs into a huge, many GBs, torrent and provide the URL.

As long as the original files aren't modified, distribute away. That's kosher for VGMix as well.

• 3 years later...

Hi, I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would resurrect this one.

I'm looking for a specific remix of Ahead on Our Way (from FF). It was another bouncy rave-y electronic mix, but it wasn't Ahead on our Rave featured in the Lifestream album. It's at least 5 or 6 years old.

I believe the title was just "Ahead on our way" but I could be mistaken. I can't remember the artist, either.

I wasn't able to find it on the OCremix archive, either. Would anyone happen to know where I can get this remix? :cry:

Thanks for the link, although I checked it out and the mix I'm looking for sadly wasn't there :( I really appreciate your help, though.

Edit: I believe it existed sometime around 2003 or 2004, maybe 2005. It could have also been a FF 5 mix of the main theme (since they're essentially the same song). That doesn't narrow it down at all, at any rate.

I haven't posted here in several years, but I got an E-Mail saying that this thread had been modified, and I probably have this song you're looking for.

I have about 20k video game remixes on an array of hard drives, as early as 1996. I never got around to uploading them in 2009. Some of these songs may be the only copies that exist. Your post convinced me that I need to get these online if only to prevent culture from being lost, as there may even be artists who no longer have these songs through drive failures.

A lot of it is probably duplicates of stuff from Overclocked ReMix or VGMix, but other stuff is unique. Someone familiar with the Overclocked ReMix canon could be of significant help in determining which music is valuable and which is already online elsewhere. If someone is interested in assisting me in attempting to identify some of this music by listening to it, please send a reply.

Thanks for the link, although I checked it out and the mix I'm looking for sadly wasn't there :( I really appreciate your help, though.

Edit: I believe it existed sometime around 2003 or 2004, maybe 2005. It could have also been a FF 5 mix of the main theme (since they're essentially the same song). That doesn't narrow it down at all, at any rate.

Holy crap that sounds like an amazing collection. At any rate, it looks like I don't have to heckle you about it because I found the remix on my old laptop that I haven't touched in years.

Evidently it's an old VGMix called Ahead On Our Way by Ryu7x (Michael Drosos). I don't believe it was ever uploaded to Ocremix.

By the way....thanks for everyone's support. Although I don't know a lot about music, everyone has been ridiculously kind and I really want to stick around :)

I haven't posted here in several years, but I got an E-Mail saying that this thread had been modified, and I probably have this song you're looking for.

I have about 20k video game remixes on an array of hard drives, as early as 1996. I never got around to uploading them in 2009. Some of these songs may be the only copies that exist. Your post convinced me that I need to get these online if only to prevent culture from being lost, as there may even be artists who no longer have these songs through drive failures.

A lot of it is probably duplicates of stuff from Overclocked ReMix or VGMix, but other stuff is unique. Someone familiar with the Overclocked ReMix canon could be of significant help in determining which music is valuable and which is already online elsewhere. If someone is interested in assisting me in attempting to identify some of this music by listening to it, please send a reply.

I apparently don't have this song. I did a search for Final Fantasy 5 music and I discovered two issues: first, many of the files are *.mid and *.it (impulse tracker) files. Second, in the 90s, a large proportion of systems still used 8.3 filenames, so the songs have filenames like "ff4ahwtw.mp3."

I'm still going to download the entire Overclocked ReMix canon and run Similarity against them, and then I can put online the ones that don't have a 100% match. I should have time on the weekend of August 25-26 to write a program to bulk add those to Game Remixes, so make sure to check back then.

Holy crap that sounds like an amazing collection. At any rate, it looks like I don't have to heckle you about it because I found the remix on my old laptop that I haven't touched in years.

Evidently it's an old VGMix called Ahead On Our Way by Ryu7x (Michael Drosos). I don't believe it was ever uploaded to Ocremix.

By the way....thanks for everyone's support. Although I don't know a lot about music, everyone has been ridiculously kind and I really want to stick around :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To those interested, I've now processed (exactly) 2,000 songs and posted them. I estimate that there are an additional 3,500 that have been created in the history of the video game remix community that I have yet to process.

Some of those songs were posted on Overclocked ReMix, and I haven't decided what to do with those yet. While zircon has said to post them, the Internet doesn't need another copy of Overclocked ReMix's canon and that wasn't the purpose of going through all this music.