OCR00815 - Rockman & Forte "Hyperrock Fortissimo"

Disco Dan

Rockman & Forte 'Hyperrock Fortisimo'

Ok, this is weird. I know I've heard this theme before, like, enough to remember it verbatim, but unless "Rockman & Forte" has an American Equivalent by a different name like X2 or X5 or something, I know I've never played the original. Wonder if they just used the music more than once...

Anyway, this is a questionable mix in my mind, because I wasn't aware that techno was legally allowed to be this fast. However it's very well put together, the sounds are professional, and though the 180bpm four-on-the-floor sound can get annoying after overexposure, it varies enough to keep it interesting.

DC

This song gets the official "This is a midi/spc rip + drumloop" Stamp of Protricity.

Dont believe me? pm. goodmornin

-Pro

Some of the notes in this song were indeed learned from a midi file. The majority of them were figured out on my own though (like 90%). The drums are 100% original. I didn't not use one premade sample or loop. I took the song, gave it the makeover I felt it needed, and to many, the end result was quite pleasing.

It is true that the notes used in the mix don't stray far from the original, but it is not always necessary, and in this case I felt that it was appropraite for the song.

What a good and wonderful day this has been! Two wonderful re-mixs straight in a row, this has made me happier then the fall weather Florida has FINALLY been getting!!

Rockman and Forte has always had some good music, and the Museum in the beginning was a great theme. So, obviously, if you are going to remix it, you need to make it better... and you did... 10 fold...

The beat in the beginning almost sounds as a Donkey Kong Country 2'ish beat, which is good, and then gets into this almost crazy techno beat (and I'm one of those guys that if its Techno, dammit, it better be good, cause theres a lot of them out there), which kept me in the song, wanting more. DJ Abjurator doesn't cease there, and continues to give me more, all the way til the end.

The only thing I regret about this song is this. That I'm going to have to go BACK into my profile, and put another 10 out of 10 song link and composer link. Damn you, DJ Abjurator, Damn you. :P

Great job!!

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

• 4 weeks later...

This Song is magnifficent. I was woundering if you could help me out. How can i remix a song on only fruityloops? It would help very much to know how i get the beats of one song onto my original project. And second of all, DJ A, ii wanna do a duel project with you, so can u get back to me?

• 1 month later...

the unbiased reviewer gives this selection a 9.5/10.

this song is so bad-ass it will make you crap your pants. after listening to this remix, it instantly reminded me off the days when i played the game as a ROM. anyone who has played the game will instantly remember this melody. this song contains a lot of bass which will shake the paint off your walls.

the main theme is held very strongly for two solid rotations. at around 3:00, the ending to the songs starts with some high speed synth arpegios and sinks into a fade out. this song is never gets old, and its here to stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, first off, let me say "WOW! What a fantastic ReMix!!". Something about it seems very gripping - to me, it sounds something like the opening of a movie (a Rockman & Forte movie, of course). I found it to be pretty inspirational stuff, and very energetic. I've listened to both versions (the earlier one, and the newer, re-recorded one) many, many times now, and, as Unbiased Reviewer said, it never gets old.

I've recommended this ReMix to just about everyone I know (Rockman fans or not), and all have been equally impressed.

Awesome work, DJ Abjurator - you've got a fan for life. I hope you do another R&F mix sometime - one's just not enough ^_-

This remix does really bring back the old days when my Zsnes had sound.

It gives me that feeling that you just want more and more, and yes I´ do, I wan´t more from DJ Abjurator(or other remixers that feel that they wanna give some RockMan & Forte remixes). It´s a great remix and I really hope they I´ll be more of those coming. Sucha shame, I´m not a remixer myself, so I could do the same to all of you out there//Dafter

Thank you Dafter, Forte-Sama, Unbiased-Reviewer, Ninjajew, BrettUltimus, and everyone else who has taken their time to express thier views on my work.

Because of your feedback and encouragement, I have decided to do a second "Rockman and Forte" mix. The source material will not be revealed until the song is complete though.

Thanks again.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

when disco dan said 180bpm, I almost wet my pants....

The mix is good, I remember playing an zsnes version of this game and I can recall the BGM well.

because I wasn't aware that techno was legally allowed to be this fast. However it's very well put together...

Get into jungle and DnB! theres a whole genre dedicated to it :)

Very odd,this is the only Rockman title with just one remix?

How can that be?! It needs more love!

that is because of the incredible rarity of the game. almost anyone who has even played this game had done through via emulators. the game was released after Mega man 8 in 1999 for the superfamicon in japan. it attracted very little attention in japan so no uS version was ever made. this game however became very popular as a rom for emulators like ZSNES or SNES9X. there were translations made of this game into either 50% or 75% english, enough to understand so that one could play. anyway the new GBA version has released and finally had a database in english so that we can actually understand the renting of the maverick bosses. the music of this game only became popular over zsnesa and was hard to transfer out of it. but i really hope with the release of the GBA version there could be more remixes, especiall of magic mans stage, damn that was a good remix!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, actually, This was...OKAY, but the intro was so long, that it almost made me wonder 'Is this ever gonna get to an actual SONG?' well, I was quite surprised when it turned out to be that intro stage! And that was one of my favorite songs ever! :nicework: Truely brings out the best in one of my favorite games of all time!

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00815 - Rockman & Forte "Hyperrock Fortissimo"