Team Fortress 2

JoeFu

• 3 weeks later...

*drags thread from the pit*

So, now that this game has been out officially for awhile, and is generally praised as being a godly game..

Anyone know a good place to download custom maps, yet? It's somewhat annoying to only be able to download them by connecting to custom servers. A quick google search hasn't turned up anything worthwhile, so I'm just wondering if there's anywhere in particular I should be keeping an eye on, to get a peek at the new maps and mods being developed, even before Steam releases their own map editor tool for the game.

I'd like to know of a good custom map place too....if I had the game. For some damn reason they delayed the Australian launch a week from the original release date of October 18th. We can't get our hands the orange box till next friggin week (yeh, I know I'm just echoing what I said in the Portal thread but I'm just so damn annoyed). They haven't even given us a bloody explanation yet. Reading everyone's comments on TF2 makes me so incredibly envious of you all. It sucks to be an Aussie gamer.

Just on the subject of maps, can anyone remember the name of that old TFC map - both sides had a kind of horizontal moat of water with a grate that you could blow with the demoman, you could then swim through and it lead to the flag, both sides also had a sort of a fortress for a base with I think two or three levels? Was also one of them conc jump heaven maps.

Alot of custom maps are actually being tested rather than openly available on account of the custom maps are just hacks on the source engine utilizing HL2, CS:S and TF2 materials. There is no official SDK specifically out yet for TF2 like HL2/HL2DM/CS:S does...

Maybe in the next patch it will be easier to map for TF2.

As for the game itself, it's awesome as it has been said before. Love playing as all classes.

Really? Or maybe it was the modification all the servers added, because they were in all the games I played.

I played TFC often from when it came out right up until about two years ago, and played it occasionally until TF2 came out; never have I seen a respawn timer in that game. You must be thinking of something else.

I played TFC often from when it came out right up until about two years ago, and played it occasionally until TF2 came out; never have I seen a respawn timer in that game. You must be thinking of something else.

QFE & T

Never seen respawn times for TFC at all...

TF2 on the other hand... my only real gripe with it as some servers seem to insist on it while others have the instantaneous respawn like in TFC

Just on the subject of maps, can anyone remember the name of that old TFC map - both sides had a kind of horizontal moat of water with a grate that you could blow with the demoman, you could then swim through and it lead to the flag, both sides also had a sort of a fortress for a base with I think two or three levels? Was also one of them conc jump heaven maps.

Only map I can think of is Well.

I still haven't played anything in Orange Box other than TF2. I played Engineer for 4 hours straight before I was willing to try another class. Now my favs are engy, medic, soldier, and sniper.

There are a few maps that I don't really like, and I can't wait til they release some new ones. I'm not a fan of granary, which seems to be "the level where everyone plays scout and rushes the cap point."

How does everyone else feel about the maps so far?

I still haven't played anything in Orange Box other than TF2. I played Engineer for 4 hours straight before I was willing to try another class. Now my favs are engy, medic, soldier, and sniper.

There are a few maps that I don't really like, and I can't wait til they release some new ones. I'm not a fan of granary, which seems to be "the level where everyone plays scout and rushes the cap point."

How does everyone else feel about the maps so far?

Granary is probably my least favorite one, also. I used to think it was all about getting a bunch of scouts and rushing the cap point, but I've been noticing that the scouts on both teams usually just even eachother out, so it's the 2nd wave of guys (like pyros and HWs) that make the difference.

My personal favorite is probably 2Fort just because there are so many strategies you can use instead of "rush as hard or as 'strategic' as you can." Dustbowl and Hydro are close 2nd and 3rd. Well is kinda meh, but I enjoy it.

• 1 month later...

I bought the game on black friday and so far it's the funnest online multiplayer game I own. I love this game1 It is the first time I ever play team fortress so I was bit confused since everyone else already seemed to know what they were doing plus have every turn of every map memorized. I still haven't done that.

My favorite gametype is capturing several points while other team defends. As far as capture the intel goes I have yet to see a map where anyone wins without going to Sudden Death. In TwoFort it's almost impossible to get the case and I find it to be a pointless map for getting the intel but it's still fun fighting there.

Anyway why not add each other to friends list and form an OCRemix TeamFortress2 Clan? If you run into The Big Cheese that's me.