OC ReMix Announces FF VII: Voices of the Lifestream Music Video Competition

djpretzel

Sounds great !

Maybe instead of making a torrent you could upload them on youtube or stage6?

This seems like a bad idea. Mabye upload to youtube AND a torrent but putting them only on youtube will let the crowd see the music videos only in low quality with loq quality musc. I'm pretty sure that's not what most people want.

though torrent + youtube seems alright

This seems like a bad idea. Mabye upload to youtube AND a torrent but putting them only on youtube will let the crowd see the music videos only in low quality with loq quality musc. I'm pretty sure that's not what most people want.

though torrent + youtube seems alright

I guess you're right, torrent and youtube is a much better idea indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe we could do a torrent. I don't think we've addressed that possibility yet actually.

Just letting y'all know we're definitely 100% done with the judging of the entries! I'm hoping we can announce everything before the end of the weekend! I think that mostly depends on djp's schedule.

Since the actual judging is done, is there any word on when the announcement will be?

I agree, it'd be great if we knew the actual date of the announcement. Two months have passed since the deadline and the further informations about the contest were minimal.

Why such a delay ?

I think it's quite unfair for the participants, not that the making of the videos wasn't fun, but many of us put a lot of effort into this just to be uncertain about the end of this contest. I don't mind the delay at all, but you could just e-mail us about the progress etc..

I agree, it'd be great if we knew the actual date of the announcement. Two months have passed since the deadline and the further informations about the contest were minimal.

Why such a delay ?

I think it's quite unfair for the participants, not that the making of the videos wasn't fun, but many of us put a lot of effort into this just to be uncertain about the end of this contest. I don't mind the delay at all, but you could just e-mail us about the progress etc..

Sure, Daria, I'll give all of you guys an email today to personally let you know what the status on everything is.

Since djpretzel basically controls all the web aspects of the site, he's got to be available to make everything happen. There's definitely no harm in asking what the hold-up is, and I agree that results should have been rolled out by now, so that we can give everyone props, and be ready to send out prizes!

Thanks for a comprehensive email Liontamer. I'm glad you decided to try some other ways of distributing the videos along with a torrent. I'm really curious about the other submissions, I've seen only a few from 17 so far and that makes me really excited about the rest.

Results on this Sunday? Sounds wonderful!

Regarding video distribution, there are two sites listed in an earlier post of mine that provide free file hosting with next to no restriction through the terms of use aside from the obvious. Also there is Stage6, which hosts high quality DivX encoded files with no limit, but the formatting and registration processes are slightly more hindering than the two options listed below.

As to uploading large high quality files, a quick Google search reveals the following (with doubtless many more out there). I do not vouch for the validity of these services, as I have not used any of them myself. I'll probably go with QuickSharing (appears the most simple):

File Factory - 300mb (Free,Anonymous,deleted if not accessed for 7 days)

MiHD - 200mb (Free,Anonymous)

QuickSharing - 500mb (Free,Anonymous,deleted if not accessed for 30 days)

Up-File - 1000mb (Free,Anonymous)

Sweet, glad you sent the email man :). I've been eagerly awaiting the results for the competition since December, haha. I understand it taking so long to organize, you guys aren't exactly getting less busy these days, so no worries. Probably helps I'm patient as all hell, heh.

I wonder how many of those 17 videos belong to the FF7 Footage Category.

• 1 year later...