OCR00830 - Lufia & The Fortress of Doom "Lufia's Dream"

Disco Dan

Lufia & The Fortress of Doom 'Lufia's Dream'

Ok, I heard the intro, and I was thinking "I'm going to fall asleep," but it picks up and becomes decent. The piano is a bit raw, and the kick drum seems a bit overpowering at times, but it's a really nice piece other that those aspects. Also there's this interesting sample of what must be a glass of freshly poured soda bubbling. I'm sure of it.

DC

oh man i was waiting for this thread to open up... it took too long ;)

i think this is a woooooonderful piece. i loooove it. 3:00 has a nice vibrophone-ish (i dunno what it is =X) section, good stuff. all transitions are smoooth. hmm nothings wrong w/ this mix (ooh except i think the transition into the ending is a little abrupt. the ending itself is alright). this prob goes into my top 5, AMAZING JOB FAZE!

Wow. Excellent work. I REALLY want to hear more Lufia remixes, this game is highly overlooked when it comes to them, and that bothers me. The Lufia series is very well done as far as music, so even if you dislike the game, at least give the musical scores a chance. :wink:

Good.....very good.....with its pusedo industrial drums and slow tempo,this is one of the best remixes.Two thumbs up....way up.Romantic atmosphere,while sometimes sappy,is well crafted in this song.Drums and other precusion,underscore the piano,(which is very good by the way)and brings it all together in one hell-of-a song.Smooth...very smooth. 8)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I won't say this mix is as moving as, say, Zeal Love, because quite honestly, it's not. But damned if it doesn't come close. It has a very peaceful feel to it, but also a melencholy one. If I were to make an AMV using this song, it'd show lovers being seperated and eventually reunited. That's the sort of feeling I get from this mix.

• 3 months later...

Depending on the type of person you are, this song could appeal to you in one or two ways. First, it's relaxing and enjoyable to listen to after a day of work. Secondly, it has some emotional depth that some are bound to like.

I mostly like it for it's relaxation-tape esque qualities.

• 2 years later...

That snare has way too much high end for the volume that it's presented at, and for the general mood of the song. Everything is saying laid back, but that snare makes me flinch every time. The sound itself is fine, it just should have come way down.

The arrangement plays it pretty safe, but there is some unique piano comping and some cool pad ideas that are introduced, further enhancing the theme. The very subtly flanged hihats are a cool detail that doesn't initially come across, but adds some depth to the track.

The Lufia series had some great music, so it's nice to see a bit of attention to a good theme. :-)

• 1 year later...

Very sweet melody to work with here. Nice ambiguity between sadness and triumph, and the instrumentation supports that too.

I didn't feel like a lot was done to the actual source, which is a little disappointing. I would have loved some expansion on the theme, but the harmonic changes were a nice consolation.

Sample wise, things sound a little high right across the board, which takes a little time to become accustomed to, and the bass and snare can get intrusive if you let that sort of thing bother you.

Overall, I think the value of this mix lies in the fact that it represents such a strong source melody. It does a decent job of updating it, doing justice to all the hooks and adding a few new ideas in there too. Could have been a bit more than it is, but what's here will do.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Great ReMix! I really enjoy the piano work in this song, segments like 4:06 - 4:17 for example. Also the harp sounds a lot like the original sound from the Snes, from what I remember. I like that, it brings back good memories of playing Lufia and Lufia II.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00830 - Lufia & The Fortress of Doom "Lufia's Dream"