OCR00065 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "hyrule castle dark world"

• 9 months later...

Two parts to this, both being pretty repetitive, such is the nature of standard hip hop. It doesn't bother me, and I always await the 2nd part because it's a good twist, though the beat could have had some more variation. It seems to be a simpler version of the beat found in NoppZ's '3 Ways' ReMix (which is a really addicting song you must get).

All the melody is covered in this, I'm pretty sure. Fans of the original shouldn't be at loss as far as that goes.

• 7 months later...

OK, first of all, I really love this thing, the hip hoppy beat and the electrotune taking the melody are great twists to this awesome tune from a link to the past. it sounds so chill-out and minimalist. but I have one complain, mainly with the file: at 1:25 there is a BIG jump in continuity. does anybody else has this? or its just my file? :(

Cano

anyway, this song rocks, and really gives a new face to this theme.

Groovalicious.

I'm generally NOT a fan of hip-hop, rap and R&B music, but when people make hip-hop remixes on this site, I'm pretty much always pleased with the result. No exception! Awesome stuff.

I half expect someone or something to start rappin'

A great compliment for a hip-hop beat, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Beat is what the song was missing, you add it to the song.

Yeah! And it goes so well, it seems like the original should have had more of this "Link chillin' wit da brothaz in tha hood" feel.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Just a quick note: this is a remix of "Hyrule Castle" not "Dark World" like the ReMix information says.

Thank you for your time.

^^;

No problem, thanks for the heads-up. It's been fixed. Cool stuff, BTW. Though an older piece, it's definitely consistent with some of Posu's other laid-back pieces like Axelay "Citylights." He be chillin' it good.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Another one of those tracks that just doesn't do well as a remix, especially in this style.

Like, people need to develop a sense of what sounds GOOD, and what DOESN'T.

There are people that think that ANYTHING can be re-mixed into a hip-hop, dance, jazz, or WHATEVER track. Some, and a LOT of tracks from different games can. But, not ALL, and people need to really sit down and think things through.

This really does NOT sound good in hip-hop. Or if there is "potential," it really sucks, at least for now.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have to admit when I first saw this was a sub-100 remix I was pretty worried, but I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it was po!, who is nearly always on top of his game.

This mix is very much laid back, and not only is it slowed down, but there are some cool rhythmic and harmonic changes sprinkled throughout. Though in a few instances it is almost too sparse, it is kept inflated by the rotary epiano, and the super clean beats.

Hearing the melody slowed down to a crawl actually makes it sound cooler i think, as it takes on a more sinister feeling. That feeling is softened a bit by the sample used, but hearing this is very refreshing, and gives me a whole new perspective to look at this melody.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Nice, chill, hip-hoppish ReMix of Hyrule Castle, sweet. Almost makes me think of a couple of hyrule solders just cruising down a street in a top-down with bandanas on their heads with this in the background, which is funny enough. Po is the master of chill grooves, and I have to say that I liked this mix.

• 1 year later...

posu yan, I love you plenty. But idk I'm just personally not a fan of this. It's fine, it works, I have no problem with slowing down Hyrule Castle or making it a hip-hop beat. I think that aspect works really well. There's some good groove to this. I just personally think that this version of this idea, right here, is a little bit empty and simple for my taste. To be it feels like a good basis, for something more. But that's my opinion.

(also KogeJoe I know you said that thing 8 years ago but please... chill. 'sounding good' is incredibly subjective.)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00065 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "hyrule castle dark world"
  • 7 years later...