The Legend of Zelda - The Minnish Cap and Overworlds

zukhramm

Hello!

I decided to start trying to make a remix, this is my first attempt so it's probably not the best (most probably far from) but I figured other's opinions would help more than me trying to continue by myself.

It's the intro from the Minnish Cap together with the overworld music from the GameBoy Zeldas and the overworld music from Twilight Princess.

http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=0MSSVAEV

What do you think?

You should probably use something other than megaupload, I couldn't get it to load. Somewhere where we can just download the mp3 straight would probably get more replies. Reupload and I'll give it a listen!

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot. So, onto the song. First off, your instruments. You definitely need to use something else. I'm not sure what program you're using, but try using soundfonts for your instruments. Right now this could have been just a midi with the same sound quality. Try out (but try not to overdo) effects on your instruments too, like reverb. Also, the volume is way too loud on pretty much everything. My sound card is kind of flipping out right now, but I'm almost positive this has serious clipping issues. Clipping is where the sound wave goes over about 0db, so it just gets "clipped" off right there, making an ugly distortion sound. This can be used intentionally and under control as an effect (Like with guitars), but that's different from letting the sound actually get too loud. If the little meter in your mixer is going red, that's not a good thing. The timing sounds a bit off in parts, and I can't tell if a lot of it is just from a midi. Read some tutorials on the site, look up tutorials for the specific program you're using, and just keep practicing. Try using different instruments and using effects to enhance the sound some. Also, read up on equalization (or EQ), as that would help clipping issues by not letting sounds overlap too much. Keep learning and post when you have something new!