Waltz from Final Fantasy 6

Sil

hehe i love this piece. I feel like i should be dining in paris with my girlfriend. My only suggestion would be maybe some more reverb, because it seems rather exposed, and would make it much richer in depth. Its got the orchestra hall instruments, now just put it in an orchestra hall.

Very grand and beautiful composition, I hope it gets accepted :)

The funny thing about this piece (or this style) is that the orchestral hall makes it sound worse. There is reverb, just enough to imitate a small room. Of course, this causes a problem with my main violin patch because it sucks and I have to use tremolo. They've yet to create a violin sample that can play this kind of quick, eighth-note action.

Thanks for the comments.

Sounds pretty cool. :-D From the beginning I'm really digging the arrangement.

Um...maybe you should find a real Saxophone player, and better piano samples.

Awesome use of the different instruments. You've used everything here.

But becareful on choosing the snare drum percussion.. I don't like very much the snare on 3:51, and i think it is too loud for the rythm so simple it plays.

The change in 2:39 feels kinda abrupt.. maybe you should try to make a crescendo.

Other than that, is very cool, kinda sounds italian-ish to me :-)

Man, this tune would be really awesome if it was played live (somehow :roll: )

Anyways, good work mate!!

Well, if you need a sax player (and don't find anyone else), I'd be willing to take it on.

One caveat though, we recently had a baby (3 mo. old now), so I'm pretty limited on opportunities to record. If you're willing to wait a little while, I'll eventually get a chance to lay the tracks down.

Based on what you've got here, the sax part sounds pretty straight forward from a technical perspective - wouldn't be hard to record. I play an alto and can play with a classical mouthpiece for a softer tone if you want.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know.

If you could record the part, that'd be awesome, but take your time if you need to. I can send you the Shostakovich pieces that I'm attempting to emulate if you haven't heard them before (or just search for Jazz Suite on youtube.)

Sounds good. I'll check out youtube, but if you have a specific example, feel free to send it over. Also, could you isolate the saxophone part(s) for me and send it over? Either midi or audio file would work fine. Nutritious414 at gmail.