Voices of the Lifestream Music Videos

mattoco

Well, any NLE [non-linear editing software] should work just fine. And if you don't require effects much, any NLE's is just as good as another [for the most part, I only used Magix MEP10 to chroma-key the moon, and add shakes... and some other small things...].

It's all about the methods you use. If you read this guide you'll become a video-editing guru; So something like what I made can easily be done in 2 hrs [ex. for an Iron Chef competition]

I was travelling, so i could not follow this discussion about the announcement of the winners... But i liked the idea of sharing the videos we submitted, and i saw good ones. I may be a little too late, but here is what i did

I've put a better quality version at the site of "Anime Music Video". Any one did that too?

• 3 weeks later...

I liked watching your guys vids makes me a little self conscious and all, because a lot of them were really well done, but what the heck I'd like somebody to see what I made. Its youtube so I need to tweak the quality settings a bit more...a lot more, but you get the jest.

(Oh ya its like 7 minutes long so bring a lunch)

• 2 weeks later...

You can lower the bitrate of the encoding or use an encoder well known for compression, the latter not being much of a concern given the suggested codecs for use in this contest. In general, the less quality the video is encoded at, the smaller the size will be. For my final copy I believe I aimed for 2Mbps (VHS quality) encoding with Xvid, and due to having the audio uncompressed it ended up as 1411kbps video with 549kbps audio for a total 127MB. I can hardly see any quality loss on the video, even maximized to 1280x1024.