OCR00862 - Ultima Online "Create Deconstruct"

DarkCecil13

Ultima Online 'Create Deconstruct'

Well, it's about time we hear something from the Ultima series (and Suzumebachi for that matter). This mix is really quite relaxing on the outside, but once you get into it, it's pretty intense. Great string usage, as with guitar usage is shown here. Definitely something to listen to if you're into orchestral or anything different than the usual for that matter. This ReMix really isn't quite orchestral, but it's definitely worth the listen regardless.

Good lord, listening to this mix almost puts me in limbo. I can vividly remember playing the game about two years ago, and this just about knocks me back into that time, not just in the fact that it is from the game but also because of just how, I don't know how to put it, interesting maybe?

Must... resist urge.. to... reminisce.....

Anyways, definetly a solid mix. The one nitpick I have with it is that the guitar is likely taken directly from the song (It sounds exactly as it did in the original song), but I've gotta wonder if thats a bad thing. After all, that IS a great guitar.

Oh, and the drums are really minimalist. Personally, I either prefer minimalist drums or absolutely great drums, so I'm not complaining. (I don't care much for in-the-middle drum tracks)

I do particularly like how he managed to make the techno portions quite in-your-face and intense. It really adds another element to this otherwise peaceful song.

All in all, I'd have to give it a 9.5/10. Music was one of two things that Origin got dead-on right in Uo, and this really brings that out. (The other being the way they handled skills)

• 2 weeks later...

Ultima is My favorite RPG series, though I have yet to try Ultima Online.

However, as some may know, this song actually was in Ultima 6. It was great to get sucha blast from the past, taking me back about 10 years to when I first played U6 and was completely mesmerised by the music.

Yay to Suzumebachi for an Excellent remix

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
I've got the strangest feeling of dejavu listening to this.

like Rob D - Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix) esque like :D

Yes, definitely one of the segments in this song sounds similar to one of the segments in Rob D's CtD. I think it's the segment that starts at the 1:28 minute mark of this remix, the background chorus sounds like the one in CtD that starts at the 1:58 minute mark, although the chorus in this remix is a bit faster paced.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I really liked the intro of the piece a lot. I do think that it unfortunately didn't get much more interesting from there. However, it didn't get that much less interesting, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. There wasn't much of a build-up, which created a feel of absence by the end of the piece. For a first submission, and for being decently old, the mix holds up well, drum loops and all.

• 11 months later...

Man, this is a mix by Ty? The samples sound like they could use some upgrading, but I know this is from quite a while back.

So one thing I liked was that the arrangement didn't get too predictable...but I would've liked to see some parts developed more - it seemed to have a mini case of medleyitis. There's some nice potential here!

• 1 year later...

Hi Ty,

Here is my review # 2:

I am very familiar with this source. This is your first posted remix? It's pretty hip.

I used to play UO actually, and got really used to the old midi version of this song... I actually have a fondness for this.

The song starts out nice, the guitar, while old, is very clear. The strings are pretty clear too. You have it pretty basic here, but it works. When the drums come in, there's a clear and definitive groove. It's a bit basic, but hey this was your first posted remix.

When that synth comes in, it's a bit grating, and that grooooooooooowl bass synth is kinda funny, but it also adds a tension and atmopshere to the song, and when you bring those strings back in the song, with the guitar doing those eighth notes of the melody, it adds a somberness that the original conveyed. Good solid job.

The quarter note stabs by the strings build nicely later on, but I think they are also pretty repetitive and get on your nerves after a while... Some variation here would have been nice... A typical build to a climax, but in the end, even with that cool loop in there, it ends on an anticlimatic note. This is kinda basically a problem I have today, not knowing how to end a song without losing my vibe and also kind of trying too hard for the epic sound... But again, really good first posted song.

AAAAAAAND you get BIG kudos for remixing an Ultima song... Which is a subdued and under-appreciated OST.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00862 - Ultima Online "Create Deconstruct"