Condolences/Prayers/Best Wishes to Reuben Kee's Family

djpretzel

I don't normally post here, but I've been visiting the site for a long time, and Reuben's remix of cosmo canyon was the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard; not just of the tracks on this site, but of anything. It is a truly sad loss to those who may have known him (I did not), and to music lovers everywhere.

Somewhere/Beyond the rain and autumn plains, the snow/That litters the countryside/I find a piece of you

And somewhere/Beyond the frozen fields, I clearly see/The end of our misery/A part of the place we knew

And slowly down through the fire, burning/Into this darkness I fall/

Your presence right here beside me, yearning/Through it all

"The Place we Knew" is the first remix I've downloaded here on OCRemix, and it's my favourite. Now, I'll remember Reuben when I hear it. He made many of the greatest remixes I've got on OCRemix.

My condolences and rest in peace, Reuben Kee. We all will miss you.

I'm so sorry to hear that Reuben Kee is no longer with us. I had always hoped on the off chance that I would bump into him some day just to have the opportunity to tell him personally how amazing his music is. I don't think there's another composer like him, not just on OCR but anywhere. I can only imagine what an amazing person he must have been, for those who knew him.

It's going to be hard to listen to Ascension to Cosmo Canyon dry-eyed after this. Wherever you may be ascending to, RK, know you will be missed.

This is such a sad occasion, and I just want to wish all of Reuben Kee's family and friends my deepest condolences. Though I did not know him personally, I do know that his music was passionate and on such a grand scale that it inspired all of us here at Overclocked Remix, myself included. I will continue to pray for everyone during these hard times. Rest in peace Reuben, and know that we're all thinking about you and the awesome legacy you left behind.

As with a lot of the others who have posted I did not know Reuben Kee personally. However his music has had a positive impact on my life for which I am thankful for.

It is quite clear that he has impacted many of our lives, or we would not all be posting to this forum thread. Often times in our life we don't get to see what kind of impact we have on those around us, and it is a tremendous shame that he can't see this himself. Though his death is a very sad occasion I take away from it that whether we know it or not, how we live our lives will effect the lives of others. I think it's wonderful that someone so young was able to effect so many.

Reuben's family: I offer you my prayers during your time of loss. As someone who only knew him threw his music on the internet I can not imagine the pain you must be feeling right now.

If you can, please be glad for the fact that he has impacted all of our lives and probably many others who knew him personally/cannot post to this forum.

I have never remixed a videogame song, but I have been listening to Reuben's wonderful arrangements and remixes for years. His music inspired me to push myself harder with my piano studies. I have never posted on the ocremix forum, but I felt compelled to after hearing about this devastating news. My condolences to his family and friends for their terrible loss; it is truly tragic that a man with such profound influence and talent was taken from this world. May he rest in peace.

I did not know Reuben. I only knew his music. It inspired and touched me enough to feel deeply saddened by his loss. I can't believe that even i am shedding tears over someone I really didnt know. His music meant alot to me, particularly "Ascension to Cosmo Canyon" which i feel is one of the best pieces of remixes I 've heard. It is vivid, passionate, and fills me with emotion when i hear it. He had a great talent and will be missed. My condolenses to the family and friends of Reuben. Know that he inspired and touched many lives with his music, including myself.

Good evening every one...

my deepest condolences. I listened some of his remixes, like "Ryu For Four Pianos" ( http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01230/ ) . This was the one who made the Evil Ken and Evil Ryu chars for the Mugen Engine !

Sad think, I'm gonna try to fight the A.I. of these chars. They are the hardest fighters to beat.

He made some good remixes.

So...

My condolences. Tragic.

To the Family and Friends of Reuben:

I believe that one of the greatest accomplishments that any of us can make in this life is to do something that will be remembered fondly after we are gone. Reuben has done this by humbly sharing the gift of his creativity with the world. For that, although I had never met or spoken with him, I consider him a great person and someone whom I would have liked to have called a friend. Even though it is easy and understandable for grief to fill your hearts when remembering him, I hope that it is some consolation that the sadness that we all feel is in part a testament to the happiness that Reuben’s art has given to so many, and the smiles that it will continue to evoke for many years to come.

Sincerely and with Warmest Wishes,

Brandon Bush

No matter how casual a follower of this site you are, when a new Reuben Kee song was posted you stood up and took notice. His music has entertained and touched thousands of people around the entire world. His talent and personality combined were an inspiration. Our little community will never be the same without him. Reuben will never be forgotten. My prayers are with you.

Like most people on OCRemix, I had a small exposure to Reuben's music -- his Metal Gear Solid remixes.

When he first released his last masterpiece for the game ('Legend of the Snake 2: Snake versus Dragon') I was there, as he was given feedback from myself and others and strived to produce a perfect piece of music. The final result was beautiful and a testament to his musical expertise.

It seems very strange now, trying to summon a hazy memory of him responding to the feedback from myself and others. I remember him saying how he'd love to use a particular wonderful-sounding Indian instrument more often as it's underused in music, after briefly using it in this piece of music. Just one of many things he'll never get to contribute to the world of music.

I remember him justifying the way he used his percussion, which I thought was too bold but the end result proved his vision to be correct. I remember him proposing the idea of working a long piano introduction in, which he did -- an emotional piece that hits the heart.

It might all sound uninteresting, but it's remembering the everyday that makes a death the most hard hitting. Reuben was a hard-working musician and he seemed to live for his music, at least whenever I heard from him.

Indeed, the one thing that's almost as tragic as his early passing away is that he'll never get to share his gift with more of the world. Who knows what Reuben could have become? But I'd say it's a safe bet he would have touched many, many hearts with his music.

Rest in piece. I wish all Reuben's family the very best, and I hope you'll find the strength to carry on in the wake of tragedy. It's a great loss, but he touched more lives in the time he had than many people do in their entire lives. Be proud of that.

i dont normally create forum accounts because i cant seem to keep up on them but i had to say something on here.. Reuben Kee was an AMAZING artist! i listened to his metal gear mixes almost religiously.. this is a horrible loss..i actually started crying when i heard this news.. Reuben's music left a giant impact on me and i feel like i lost a great friend though i never knew him..my sincere condolences go out to his family..

As I'm writing I'm listening to Ascension to Cosmo Canyon. It's one of my favorite songs and the only way I know Reuben Kee.

I'd like to think that Reuben's journey now is like this song. It starts off slow and sad, but it slowly builds into something more. something epic.

Reuben will be remembered, His music was larger than life, and now, so is he.

I haven’t posted here at OCR in years, but upon visiting the site, i saw the news of Reuben and wanted to extend my prayers for his family. I have just heard his arrangement titled "Beauty's Abomination", and was stunned with the quality of his work. It is truly terrible that he was taken away from you. Rest in peace Reuben Kee, may you live on through your music.