OCR01653 - Mario Kart DS "Charade"

djpretzel

I picked this up from DoD and saved it immediately. Glad to see it posted! I really like this, not only for the quality of your singing as opposed to several other tracks here, but because of the new style it brings to the site! Plus, it's just catchy. It's like the new style fits the original perfectly.

Wow, imagine my surprise as soon as I saw that I got a direct post on my birthday! Didn't see that coming!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. djp, thanks for the sweet surprise. This really makes my day.

I had a ton of fun making this song, in fact more so than any remix I've ever created. It's also the first mix I've managed to create that sounds exactly like how I imagined it in my head before I even recorded anything.

I have to say, it's an awesome thing knowing that there's a place here at OCR for anyone to express themselves with limitless creativity. I love how at any moment, expectations can be laid to waste, making room for anything anyone can dream up. djp makes it very clear in his write-ups that every style and blend of music is not only welcomed, but encouraged. That says a lot to me and gives me an overall sense of comfort knowing that anything goes at any time. Too cool.

Now to continue working on my next remix, which yet again explores a style I have yet to touch. I hope it works out!

Thanks again, guys!

Niiiiice. Very nice. I love vocal remixes. This is a prime example of exactly what this site needs more of.

Any chance you could post a midi file of this somewhere? I've been wanting to pick up playing piano again, but music that catches my interest is hard to find. I'd love to learn to play this.

I usually don't post reviews of songs- would ruin my lurker image- but I was quite taken with this song. It's fairly hard to find a remix with vocals, it's even harder to find one with good vocals. Regardless however, it's always refreashing to see someone unafraid to take that leap of faith and do a vocal track. It almost always makes for a more interesting mix, even if the artist isn't the next American Idol.

Wow! This is for me the best vocal song on OCR!! Your voice is superb and fit the style perfectly!!! The lyrics aren't too cheesy (and anyway the style embrace cheesy!:P) and they sound professional (the overall sound it makes-- not necessarily the words themselves).

I'm kind of a sucker for old rock & roll songs like this... it reminds me of the soundtrack of the great Tom Hanks movie That Thing You Do (go listen to it (maybe Little Wild One which has back vocals kinda similar to this song) it's a cool soundtrack!)

Anyway you have no doubt become one of my favorite remixer and I have high expectations for your next remixes!!! ;)

Haha, lol. Simple but perfect from note #1! I might have gone with the "Earth Angel" stylistic comparison too if an acute case of insomnia hadn’t recently led me to the Turner Classic Movies channel where I was treated to the 1959 musical flick "Go, Johnny, Go!" (another song from “Back to the Future” :smile:). The movie was cheesy for sure, but I loved the vocals and this mix catches the vibe to a tee. Great voice and great work man.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01653 - Mario Kart DS "Charade"