OCR01730 - *YES* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 'Subterranean Kamikaze'

Liontamer

Remixer Name: Sixto Sounds & Zircon

Email: forgotten_imp@yahoo.com

UserID: I can't find this thing ANYWHERE

Game Remixed: TMNT4: Turtles in Time!

Song Remixed: Sewer Surfin'

When I was a kid and got my very own Super NES system one Christmas, my dad would take us down to the movie rental place every weekend. We would each pick one game. My sister always wanted to get Super Mario All-Stars. For me, it was usually one of two games; Street Fighter II or Turtles in Muthafuckin' Time. Awesome game. JAWESOME. Listening to the soundtrack now takes me back to those good ol' days. Days without worries or responsibilities. Just us kids being kids. *sigh* Anyway, the soundtrack is pretty much rocked out as it is. I just had to do the typical Sixto thing and rock it out a little more. I wanted to go all 80's hair metal on this and use some vintage guitar rock tones and synths. The guitar tones were no problem, but the synths were pretty generic. I'm no good with synths. At all. So, at the very last minute, Zircon begged me to let him into the remix, so I obliged. He used his tehcno wizardry to conjure up some phat synths and whatnot. Really helped the mix, I think. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=tit - "Sewer Surfin'" (tit-06.spc)

Probably a tough job, but I felt like the overall sound could have been a bit cleaner, as some areas felt lossy or cramped out (e.g. the drums), but it wasn't a significant enough problem. More on the cover-ish side overall, but a very personalized arrangement with solid interpretation and swanky soloing. The composition of the big dropoff and subsequent rebuilding from 2:55-3:37 was my personal highlight. Easy call.

YES