*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Still More Fighting'

djpretzel

Oh dear. I hear disco style toms and orchestra hits. At least they are

all nice and clear and bouncy and stuff. I hope my dislike of the

genre won't get in the way of my judging this.

Ok, this first segment is just plain annoying sounding. Granted it's a

wonderfully clean and detailed sound with some nice layers, but...

my Lord, I want to punch someone in the face after listening to this.

*sigh* ok.. So this is basically a hella goofy arrangement. The

syncopation in the last minute or so of some of the supporting stabs

comes off as feeling out of beat because of the constant speaker bouncing.

I really do not like this track, however it's pretty well done and sonically

is pretty good and peppy.

YES

Pro(s):

Very cool interpretation of the original.

When I saw the title, I was quite worried that it would be another midi rip with off notes and general disarrangement of the original... ehem... uh, never mind.

Ugh(s):

The intro is nice, but should be 5 seconds long, not 30 seconds.

The beat never really developed, It just continued with those sine hits.

Song repeats D:

This is the kinda song that REALLY REALLY REALLY needs a rockin beat to make it MOVE. If it had a better beat, it would actually be much better. I never thought I would say that, oh well.

I really like the ideas presented here, but because the beat never developed (and stayed with those simple sine hits and hat taps) The whole song feels like one big intro.

Please submit with a rockin beat and I'll love you forever M@

NO

LOL, very strange stuff here. I really dig those disco style toms. They really do make your day. However, sonically, M@ fails to meet my expectations of a composing good sounding ReMix. The percussion really REALLY doesn't fit very well at all here. It sounds totally out of place for the style. As Protricity said, go for a more rockin' percussion track. You wouldn't believe how a percussion track makes all the difference between a NO vote and a YES vote.

NO

Ooooooooooooo...... I'm liking the vibe here. Nice panning effects and it's about to turn into something.....or maybe not.

It needed to be developed a bit more. I expected the drums to evolve into something, with like, a snare and even more hats thrown in or something. It does sound good, but it is frustrating, sooo frustrating. It's like a long intro with everything else cut out.

NO

- Would be more enjoyable if there was a smoother transition out of the intro at 0:34.

- Drum line is too soft, plain, easy going. "Kick it up a notch."

- Twangy sample that starts at 1:43 is a bit too hard/sharp for where it sits. If it's surroundings were harder, or it was softer, it would fit nicer IMO.

That's all I can think of for now.

Vote: No