OCR01657 - Shadow of the Colossus "Wanderer on the Offensive (Live Edit)"

djpretzel

Wow I was so excited when I saw the new available ReMix !

I've been hoping for months that this game would be covered by ReMixers (not knowing the first thing about making music myself :oops:).

Anyway the result is just great. The use of the viola is an awesome idea, it gives a kind of majestic feeling to the whole thing, backed up with some serious powerful guitar technique (don't get me started on that solo !).

Congratulations to all of you for this piece, and I hope you'll inspire some of the other ReMixers out here. Okami and Shadow of the Colossus could definitely use more coverage.

This is definitely one sick mix. I was expecting loads of epic rock-your-fucking-face-off guitar shredding, and absolutely got it. However, the strings were a complete surprise, and they were absolutely beautiful. Blended seamlessly with the more traditional rock elements, and provided a really nice contrast to the force and weight of the rest of the track.

Definitely one of my favorite mixes.

Amazing song. I remember watching the WIP thread for it, and I got excited as all the people started offering to record parts for it. I think the final result actually exceeded my expectations. The arrangement and performances are excellent, and I adore the contrast between the lead guitar and the viola. Wonderful stuff, ya'll.

Man...hell yes. This fucking rocks. Guitars are excellent stuff. Very addictive stuff which complement the original in every way. Solos rock. Viola sounds cool but I wish it there was more of it.

Great work, everyone. Can't wait to see more of you guys.

BTW Sixto, you had a really cool TMNT IV track awhile back...covering Sewer Surfing...wonder what happened to that?

This song rocks pretty damn hard. Sixto, your guitar tone is so frickin' sweet. Excellent playing as well. Solid.

You know a collab works well when you can't really tell it's a collab. Everything meshes so nicely, it sounds like it could have all come from one remixer. You guys managed to create a tune that continuously flows and remains driven and seamless throughout.

I'm thoroughly impressed. Rock on. \m/

This is, without a doubt, a great piece of music !! :)

This reminds me soooo much of the Baten Kaitos (Namco/Monolith Software, Gamecube) soundtrack (and since I am in love with BK's soundtrack, it's a good thing ;) it's almost frightening! :) The parts with the viola and the guitar riffs in the backgrounds scream BK!

You should REALLY look into the BK soundtrack if you are ever interested in more rock/viola/bass combos like this one :P Look for the battle themes in particular...

Oh and please Monolith, get these guys for your BK3 soundtrack!!! :P

ReMixes such as this one show that it is possible to create an appealing, accessible arrangement that both attracts the casual listener while still meeting the quality standards of OCR. This goes even without mentioning the rather complex source material.

The viola sound sections are some of the most solid-sounding stuff I've heard on OCR to date.

I remember this back from the WIP forum. Couldn't have turned out any better.

Ho-ly crap!

I am playing this mix over and over and over again on repeat, and every time, I find some something else I absolutely love about it.

I've always been a big fan of mixes using live instruments (*is a total band geek*), and this track... just makes me feel good.

An absolutely wicked guitar solo, seamless transitions, and beautiful viola work make this mix right up there among my faves.

If I had three thumbs, they'd all be up. But this mix will have to settle for two.

:P

This song is amazing. I absolutely love the soundtrack to SotC and i think that ReMix only improves it and should be included in the sequel. The mastering is great and all of the live instruments are great; who knew that a viola would work so well in a raging rock song? (not me) and the arrangement itself is quite topnotch, but what else would you expect from Cerrax?

All in all, this is an excellent re-imagining from an already great soundtrack that has to be my favorite rock ReMix on the site. Good job guys!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01657 - Shadow of the Colossus "Wanderer on the Offensive (Live Edit)"