*NO* Chrono Trigger 'At the Bottom of the Night'

djpretzel

Pretty neat . . . what do you guys think?

-djp

Hello!

This is an arrangement of "At the Bottom of the Night" from Chrono Trigger. Yeah, I'm sorry for another CT mix, but I have always been enamored with this song.

In any case, every single note is played with a sine wave. The only things that aren't are some of the drums and effects that I used to fill out the sound a bit.

My remixer nickname is "Beej".

Here is the URL to my song:

Thanks for your time!

Mmm.. soft soft sines. Mellow and warm without an overpowering richness.

Yeah, i'm digging this. Even from a standpoint of doing a track with just

sines it's a nice feel. Ah yeah, the main drum loop just kicked in. I'm

digging the airy minimal feel. Airy feels wrong since it's warm like melted

chocolate, but you get my point.

I can dig it.

YES

Do you know what this sounds like? About half of a fucking great song. Beej, I respect your ability to write aurally pleasing music, and this is no exception, but it REALLY doesn't sound done. I'm sorry, but I kept watching the time and thinking, maybe it'll cut off because my download was bad and I'll go back and find out that it's really 4 minutes long, but no. Once through on each section, and then end. It makes me sad to say it, but:

NO

Great sound, but how about something that has a sense of closure?

DC

Pros:

I guess the sines sound good, but in an ambient-sense. I dont think it does the original justice.

Cons:

Awe hell, when did I get over 500 posts? Now I feel dirty.

HOLY SHORT!

What is with all the 2 minute songs?

Really not impressed by the minimalistic nature of the song. So much can be done with a great song like this.

Now I feel bad for rejecting 2 beej songs. I just really have problems with songs that are A. Very short and B. Very minimalistic. Also, I just really have problems. Maybe Master will kick my ass about this later, I dunno

NO