OCR00077 - Chrono Trigger "Revival Day Impoetus"

Chrono Trigger 'Revival Day Impoetus'

This track kicks ass. I demand that you love the hell out of it, no "if's" "and's" or "but's" about it!!! djp lays down a really cool percussion track that goes great with the funky bassline. This is a classic ReMix on the site and many people hold it in high regard... for good reason! Great ReMix!

• 2 months later...

This is an unusual (and very cool) interpretation of The Day the World Revived, which was originally done with harps. First a butt-whoopin' percussion beat comes in, then the strings which carry much of the original melody, and then comes the sweet bassline and something that sounds like a honkey-tonk piano. Cool. Only criticism I could make is that I would have liked to hear one section where the ever-present drum beat dropped away so the bassline and strings took the forefront of the mix momentarily. Still, very good mix.

Pretty good ReMix, one of my favorites on the site so far. I like the soft streaming towards the beginning and end backed up by the deep beat. It was a good choice to kind of let the song taper at the end, then just sort of fade off after the beat stopped with that slight echo. Very cool.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the song that got me started to listening to this site's remixes. It sounded so epic, hearing my first actually GOOD video game remix, and from CHRONO TRIGGER. This song includes massively hypnotizing beats and techno-ey strings with a familiar melody (that had me guessing what part of chrono trigger it was).

Can't really describe it except epic....for me anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very good, music from my favorite game of all time. The only problem with it was that I found it too short, it made me hunger for more. I'm afraid that I can't say that this is my favorite remix (7YearsBroken is currently my favorite), but I still would give it at least an 8.5 out of 10. You had some very nice effects in there, very well spaced breaks, and it was so well done that I actually had trouble tying it to the original game. You had a very good feel of the whole Chrono Trigger mood, and I felt that more than one song was actually put in there, even though it was based upon only one. The pace was perfect, and combined with the instrumentation and short breaks, this remix was great. I think that I'll give it a final score of 9 out of 10. I just missed hearing you sing after your Xenogears mix.

WHAT THE F---

Why haven't I reviewed this song yet?! Well then, here it is:

This was the first OverClocked Remix I ever heard. I downloaded it entirely on accident while searching on WinMX for some Chrono Trigger music. Sure enough, checking the ID3 gave way to the origin of it and the rest is history.

This song is the H4RDC0R3 R0X0R. If you don't like it, there's something wrong with you. Very melodic and very rhythmic, it all just blends really well... There's just some mysterious fullness that DJP has in all of his remixes and this one's no exception. Absolutely great.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dj pretzel does one thing consistently with his ReMixes that I consistently enjoy. They're always full. While minimalist, 2-3 instrument/sample pieces work and are good, his are always complex, lovely, robust, and flowing. This is a GREAT ReMix of a good song, possibly, no, definitely ranking among the best on the site.

For the sake of honesty, there IS one thing that kinda bugged me. There's a sample towards the beginning, every four beats, that kinda sounds like "cheow" and is bent and wobbled a lot. It added a small.. silliness to the piece for me.

But overall, this was an incredible remix, between the bassline and that wonderful, wonderful piano that I would have in a million years never thought I'd dig as much as I did. 5/5 points.

• 2 months later...

This. Remix. Best. Ever. Download. Now.

Well perhaps it isn't the "best" but it's that damn good. Drums are slick, the programming is slick, the tunes and countermelodies and all the stuff djP added in to extend and develop the original 16 bar melody is just fantastic.

The organ solos. Are. The. Best. They are just soooo groovy you could almost put on an afro and dance. Almost.

Only one thing to complain - I don't like the ending. Doesn't resolve. Just my personal thing.

DjP changed so much that the first time I heard this I didn't realise what part of CT it came from. I didn't realise until I remixed the same song. :P That's a good sign because the original melody became the backbone and DjP's own creative material was the focal point.

Anyway, DOWNLOAD. You MUST.

One Word ReView - ORGAN!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been listening to this song for a long while now and I finally got around to reviewing it :P. I love everything done with this track. Solos are seamless... drums are top quality... Its great. Only thing I would suggest is the main lead right when the theme comes in to be slightly less dull/bland. Nice work overall though.

-Nex

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you know what the biggest problem with lousy fucking speakers is? You never get to hear the bass. I had this song on my computer for 5 months, loved it entirely, kept it on my playlist for more than awhile and today, I just got an MD player. This song was one of the first to get into the MD.

And what did I hear? Bass. Fucking good, funky, smooth bass. This is fantastic; hearing new stuff just because I'm using earphones :D It makes the song even more interesting now; and the addition of the bass (because I can hear it now) really changes the entire context of the song; it becomes less serious, more funky, more driven, heavier; and the general tone changed. Still fantastic; and I'll be sure to enjoy this on my MD for a very, very long time.

Cheers, DJP!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This aint techno, this is Jazz!

If you compare the fact that the original just was a sad melody echoing and looping around and around, and the fact with that pretzeldude turns into a beatdropping jazz/blues mix with a synth that kicks.

Good that you shows who´s owning this site. YEAH! :D

• 1 year later...

I love Chrono Trigger. I never beat it, though..maybe I should go do that before I die.

But this mix? Killer. I love breakbeat, you captured that nicely. The crazy jazzy thingies are great too. DJPretzel pwns this site, and my soul too. So Lord Pretzel, keep makin' awesome remixes and I'll keep making blood sacrifices to increase your prayer power.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00077 - Chrono Trigger "Revival Day Impoetus"