Majora's Mask - The Last Day (MM needs some love, too... o_0; )

Trickshot

This song is from the game, "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask". I'm actually surprised no one has ever tried to remix it, yet.

Youtube Preview:

DL Link: http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/6625/24

I remember...when this song played in the game--it filled me with a sense of dread. The earth would shake, and the clocktower would sound it's bells. The town itself was empty--the townsfolk had fled. A guard stood watch and stared up at the moon. He would've ran if he could--however, it was his duty to guard the town, even though he visibly shook from fear, one had to admire his resolve. Across from him stood the carpenter, who turned his fear into anger and stood arrogantly in place--determined to prove everyone wrong and be the first to see the dawn of the next day.

Basically, I hope whoever wants to remix this can capture that sort of atmosphere. A piano along with strings can handle the main theme/melody, synths can do the backgrounds--or if you see fit, do what you will--it just needs to recapture that same atmosphere.

However, I would LOVE it if you could implement the bells in the background. Make it disjointed from the rest of the song--it's just background noise, but have it echo and as the song progresses--grow more important and loud until the end when the song stops suddenly and the bell could ring one final time. I might have gotten carried away, haha...but that's basically it. ^_^

--Thank you for taking the time to read this. :P

I myself am not a remixer, however i am a loyal listener. While browsing WinMX (old downloading program) I found a remix of the very theme you are requesting. It's called "Time's End" I have no idea who did it, or where it even came from. I've looked on for it, and still I have no leads. But I believe it may be exactly what you are looking for.

It starts out with an ambiguous thunderstorm, the Skull Kid's laugh and a clock ticking. Then a sad piano and something rocking back and forth squeaking come into the mix, soon followed by a tolling bell and you can hear a horse (Epona, I'd assume) galloping as strings begin to play with the piano. It's a melancholy and moving piece, rather depressing. The ending is my favorite part. Elements of the Song of Time thrown in and it warps, like you're moving back in time again.

Again, I wish I knew who did it, and where it came from. Two or three years shrouded in mystery just will not do.

And now my question: how do I get it to you?

Wow...Soshoka, if you could send me that, it'd be AWESOME! ^___^ Uhm, you can upload it to rapidshare or something and PM me the link if you want...even better, post it here and share the love? :P I always loved skullkid's creepy laugh...

Also, Rozo...I like where you're headed with it! :P I think if you could implement some of my guidelines and make it work with what you already have, it would be just what I wanted. :P Think you can do it? Maybe you can use the clocktower's "tick-tock" as part of the rhythm? :)

I dunno, maybe I'm talking out of place by suggesting this stuff to you, haha--if so, I apologize. ^^;