Call Of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

Fishy

*Mild Spoliees*

Anyone else pick this up yet? This game was just as fun as portal imo, but longer and far more epic. From playing COD2 very recently, I loved the modern incarnation of Price and all his SAS buds. With the previous games I always felt very aware that my comrades were all blithering AIs, but these characters made me feel like I was actually part of a team of professionals, and as a result the ending (whilst probably the most awesome and pressuring 5 seconds you'll ever play) was actually saddening.

Usually the brits in these games are all "what what, lets get the darn jerries then have some tea, the mangey buggers" but Gaz was a propa hard man. Also rofl that the american one dies for once. I'm still waiting for a zero punctuation review for this particular element to be raised.

Also, my internets too crap but the multiplayer system looks amazing. Can't wait to have a sniper duel with someone.

What do you guys think of it?

*Mild Spoliees*

Anyone else pick this up yet? This game was just as fun as portal imo, but longer and far more epic. From playing COD2 very recently, I loved the modern incarnation of Price and all his SAS buds. With the previous games I always felt very aware that my comrades were all blithering AIs, but these characters made me feel like I was actually part of a team of professionals, and as a result the ending (whilst probably the most awesome and pressuring 5 seconds you'll ever play) was actually saddening.

Usually the brits in these games are all "what what, lets get the darn jerries then have some tea, the mangey buggers" but Gaz was a propa hard man. Also rofl that the american one dies for once. I'm still waiting for a zero punctuation review for this particular element to be raised.

Also, my internets too crap but the multiplayer system looks amazing. Can't wait to have a sniper duel with someone.

What do you guys think of it?

It's an awesome game. The multiplayer is a massive step up from the single player campaign. The single player campaign is more realistic in the tactics than any other game I've player. Marines stack at entrances, breaches are realistic, and you'll spend a lot of time in the prone. But multiplayer can be brutal, I just started multiplayer up, and it's pretty much two maybe three shots will kill you, and most more experienced players start out with better optics that meke them more accurate.

I'm constantly switching from Xbox Live Arcade games, Halo 3 and CoD4 with online play. The roleplaying style level ups are like crack. And it's fun to kill people after you fall dead.

Yeah, I love the online in CoD 4 - I got 1st prestige in about a weeks worth of play and am moderately close to a second one (although first I have to get back to school).

I've really only played COD 4 online, never even touched the single player since I always play on my brothers account online. Reached max rank after not too long, and I like the way they made the multiplayer create-a-class mode. It is a big step away from COD 2, incorporating things like stun grenades and flashbangs, which makes storming buildings more interesting for both defending and attacking.

This game is like crack to me, im level 53 at the moment and already want to start over with the prestige thing. The only problem I have is that for some reason i feel that some of the achievements should be tied to multiplayer, instead of only the crazy-awesome rank experience. I see why they didnt, but once you get passed 52, you don't get any more weapons or anything other than the extras on the guns. Otherwise, the single player is amazing, if short, and the whole experience is like super-crack.

And if that wasn't sick enough, pistols and nades only:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHOu74htG3k&feature=related

I suppose the reload time on the pistol helps, but hot damn. Not arcade mode though, I'm curious to see what ludicrous point score is possible. I think the basic idea is just to keep moving. From my experiance in the game, the faster you move forward, the less guys appear.