PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Arcadia Project

electric concerto
09-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Skies of Arcadia - A Sailor's Serenade

Please note, if you want to audition, the best way is to e-mail me with your request. Using the PM system will not guarantee a request, considering I check the box once in a blue moon.

djeconcerto at gmail dot com

I like to re-start the recruitment for a Site Project based on the soundtrack from the game "Skies of Arcadia". I believe this soundtrack is excellent and deserves a chance to shine!

Tracklist: Coming Soon
Auditions: Coming Soon

Coordinators:
Electric Concerto

Auditions are an important part of deciding the ReMiXeRs of the project. Guidelines for auditions are as follows:

#1 - Must be committed. Too many times have I seen a project fail because all the ReMiXeRs forget about the project and move on to other things. I know that this project may have downtime, but I'd like to avoid it at all costs.

#2 - Must be a decent ReMiXeR. Most people who are ReMiXeRs know about OverClocked ReMiX and their strict standards. I'm not saying you have to be at that level, but close enough that with some more time and development you are.

#3 - Must swear an oath that all material is confidential, i.e., links, music, etc. All information available to ReMiXeRs must remain only on this site. It's a concentration thing as well as a surprise thing.

#4 - Auditions must consist of 2 previous ReMiXeS/Originals of your choice. Whatever best displays your talent. Auditions must be at least 30 seconds long and of as high of quality that you can make.

#5 - If your audition isn't accepted, don't worry. Just audition with something else, something that may show another side of your talents.

#6 - One thing I should mention is that this project has a condition for the music. Remixers must use at least one real instrument. Not a real sounding virtual instrument, but actually play something. Keyboards and electric guitars count as real instruments, so if you want to use them, you can.

Tracklist:
CD 1
Air Pirate Island
Air Pirate Secret Base
Ancient Temple Dungeon
Armada
Battle 1
Black Pirates' Theme
(Overworld) Blue Pirates' Ship
Blue Pirates' Theme
Bombardment
Boss Battle
Drachma's Theme
Dungeon Cave
Dungeon of Searing Heat
Galcian's Theme
Imperial Theme
Kingdom of Ixa-taka
Kingdom of Nasrad
Legend
Let's Go
(Overworld) Little Jack
Main Theme
Military Facility
Opening Theme
Ruins Dungeon
Sailor Town
Sudden Storm
Tension
Theme of Loneliness
Theme of Reflection
Uninhabited Island
Valua City
Victory in Battle
Vyse's Theme

CD 2
Armada Battle
Battle 2
Battle Defeat
Bombardment Victory
Bombardment 2
Credits
(Overworld) Delphinus
Dimming Lights
Eastern Air Pirates
Emotional
Enrique's Theme
Epilogue
Everyday Life
Fina's Theme
Gag
Giga's Theme
Gilder's Theme
Great Silver Temple
Hatred
Headquarters
Ice Dungeon
Jealous
Last Battle
Legendary Sinking Continent
Nervous Crisis 1
Nervous Crisis 2
Ramirez's Theme
Rejoice
Remote Town
The Last Time
Town of Ice
Tragedy
Yafutoma Dawn

KEY:
Track Available
Track Taken
"Works in Progress" deadline met.
Work is nearing completion/is finished.
Track in danger of being available (If taken)

ReMixers:

Electric Concerto

Timeline/deadline goals:

Starting now indefinitely, recruitment and track
assignment will begin. I'm starting this now,
even though the project might take a while to
get set up. If you agree to join, whether again
(previous project ReMiXeRs must re-audition) or
for the first time, please keep in mind that
this project is still in limbo until further
notice. But when the time comes for the project
to begin again, you'll need to be ready.

Hope to hear from you!

Tensei
09-30-2008, 11:29 PM
I'd like to audition for the Delphinus theme, but the registration confirmation link that gets sent through e-mail doesn't work for me. Great idea for a project though!

electric concerto
10-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Whoops, I made a booboo... I fixed it, try to register again...

meccil
10-01-2008, 04:25 AM
I'm not a remixer, but I'm totally behind this project, as Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite games of all time!

You guys don't need anyone to do cover art do you? I could maybe mock something up?

Drack
10-01-2008, 04:33 AM
I approve of this project. Skies was a legendary game with an incredible score.

I hope the airship battle song ("Bombardment") gets an excellent mix, that's one of my fav tracks from Skies.

Also, why do you use HaCkEr CaPs when you spell, say, "ReMiXeRs" I thought It was just ReMixers, or even just remixers.

electric concerto
10-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Depends on the interpretation. I've seen ReMiXeRs used more than any, so that's the one I stick with. It all has the same meaning: Music Arranger.

POCKETMAN
10-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Not gonna lie, this sounds like a very good choice for a project. But this is also a terrible time to start one. Pretty much all the other projects going on right now are trying to finish up. And if you look at the mixers in those projects they are pretty much the same. Listen, I got your back cause you're a good mixer. But this is the third project you've tried to start. All i'm saying is I don't want it to fail. As i've said before to all the other projects starting up, have you pm'd a few mixers you'd like involved, and did anyone say yes? It is so crucial to have a few on board before you even start.

Good luck though. Depending on what happens with the other projects I may audition.

electric concerto
10-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Way ahead of you POCKETMAN, and yes, I'm still working on the song for your project.

As far as this being my 3rd attempt, yes. But we learn from our mistakes. I have PMed a bunch of Remixer's before this thread was made, and I got a few of responses and have 2 Remixers joined up already.

POCKETMAN
10-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Way ahead of you POCKETMAN, and yes, I'm still working on the song for your project.

As far as this being my 3rd attempt, yes. But we learn from our mistakes. I have PMed a bunch of Remixer's before this thread was made, and I got a few of responses and have 2 Remixers joined up already.

Glad to hear. :-) Awesome. I will look at the tracklist and give it a listen. This soundtrack is a great idea for a project. I'll get you my audition soon.

electric concerto
10-01-2008, 07:27 AM
I look forward to it!

PlastikBag
10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I might be up for this. I loved Skies of Arcadia and its fantastic soundtrack. I've never remixed before, but I do a lot of original stuff.

electric concerto
10-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Go ahead and audition. you never know what you could do!

Fenrir
10-01-2008, 10:27 AM
It's projects like these that make me wish I had any sort of musical aptitude.

PlastikBag
10-01-2008, 03:55 PM
I have no idea of what song I'd want to audition for, so I'll listen up and see if I find something that I think would suit my style.

electric concerto
10-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I have no idea of what song I'd want to audition for, so I'll listen up and see if I find something that I think would suit my style.Sounds good!

electric concerto
10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Looks like this project is off to a good start! I can't wait to hear the variety that you guy's come up with!

DragonAvenger
10-02-2008, 11:58 PM
As I don't actually mix, I will just say that I am available for someone looking for female vocals. I write lyrics as well. Never played the game, but I've heard it's good.

SephAguraki
10-03-2008, 12:11 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!! I cannot wait for this...but it'll be two years at least...probably... >8

prophetik music
10-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Not gonna lie, this sounds like a very good choice for a project. But this is also a terrible time to start one. Pretty much all the other projects going on right now are trying to finish up. And if you look at the mixers in those projects they are pretty much the same. Listen, I got your back cause you're a good mixer. But this is the third project you've tried to start. All i'm saying is I don't want it to fail. As i've said before to all the other projects starting up, have you pm'd a few mixers you'd like involved, and did anyone say yes? It is so crucial to have a few on board before you even start.

Good luck though. Depending on what happens with the other projects I may audition.

=) don't forget that xenogears started off much worse.

i might put something in for this, if i hear something that piques my interest. let me get into the soundtrack a bit.

if someone who has no musical talent wants to get in on a song, i'm sure i can help out.

electric concerto
10-03-2008, 01:08 AM
I believe to get quality, time is of essence. Therefore, if it takes longer than a year (my predicted timeline), but the quality of music is better because the ReMixers aren't rushed, then I think that it's much better that way.

Abadoss
10-03-2008, 04:17 AM
So, on a side note. I'm joined up with the project, but I'm having some difficulty picking a track. Those of you that know my style and what I'm capable of, do you have any suggestions of which tracks I should try?

The Pezman
10-03-2008, 04:29 AM
I've expressed interest in projects before, but have been unable to follow through because my PC laptop is a craptop. However, I've been waiting since May for the redesigned Macbook Pros, and now that they're coming I'm switching over. That should make mixing far easier. As I have never mixed before I can't guarantee I'll be solid, but I would love to use the opportunity to bounce ideas and learn how to get better. Essentially like a more real-time judges panel.

SephAguraki
10-03-2008, 09:33 AM
So, on a side note. I'm joined up with the project, but I'm having some difficulty picking a track. Those of you that know my style and what I'm capable of, do you have any suggestions of which tracks I should try?

I listened to your Chrono Trigger remix and instantly thought the Great Silver Temple song from Skies of Arcadia...if that helps...?

HoopyFrood
10-03-2008, 02:55 PM
I just wanted to note that the OST is missing 4 tracks from the game (Clara's Theme, De Loco’s Theme, Dark Rift music, Blue Moon Crystal tune).

I particularly like the Dark Rift music and would like to see a remix of it on the project.

I will see if i can find a link to the missing tracks.

electric concerto
10-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I just wanted to note that the OST is missing 4 tracks from the game (Clara's Theme, De Loco’s Theme, Dark Rift music, Blue Moon Crystal tune).

I particularly like the Dark Rift music and would like to see a remix of it on the project.

I'd really appreciate that!

prophetik music
10-03-2008, 03:29 PM

i love it when unknowns come out of nowhere to give us information that's actually worth reading =) good to see you, hoopy.

Jewbei
10-03-2008, 04:03 PM
well ive been working on my track since the moment EC told me about it. coming along really good.

PlastikBag
10-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm officially onboard! I'm really excited, as I see this a great opportunity to enhance my skills. I'll probably be picking up some decent samples and different software.

Thanks for letting me onboard! I'll do my best not to disappoint.

HoopyFrood
10-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks Mephisto. Unfortunately the only link I could find was for the dark rift theme.

http://soaworld.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/Downloadpages/downloads_music.htm

If you scroll down you should see it.
(I didn't link to the track directly because I don't wish to see the guy's site hit too hard.)

Edit: Sadly you need a Fileplanet account to get it. You can use this as an alternate.
http://rapidshare.com/files/150602693/Skies_of_Arcadia_-_The_Dark_Rift.mp3.html

electric concerto
10-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Seeings how those 4 songs aren't on the official OST (the 2 CD album), those will be considered bonus tracks. I'm curious to see how those play out!

Liontamer
10-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I've seen ReMiXeRs used more than any

Uh, no you haven't. :lol:

ReMixer. Just like it says below every ReMixer's name in their posts.

Xenon Odyssey
10-03-2008, 05:39 PM
Uh, no you haven't. :lol:

ReMixer. Just like it says below every ReMixer's name in their posts.

Obviously electro's been hangin' out at OverLooked... :P

electric concerto
10-03-2008, 06:24 PM
lol, ReMixer then, I stand corrected. I guess I should use OCR's official language :P

electric concerto
10-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Haha, I find it ironic that I'm actually picking this game up and playing it again. This also helps me figure out in what parts of the game the music can be heard.

electric concerto
10-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Here's a question about WIPs:

Should they be made public?

An advantage to this is a greater group for suggestions. A disadvantage would be no element of surprise, making the album release less exciting.

Fishy
10-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't think projects should have anything more then a few public sketches at most. Most commercial CD's have maybe one or two singles out before hand to promote them, so thats obviously the tried and tested method for hype, but you can do whatever you want really.

prophetik music
10-07-2008, 12:52 PM
wips should not be public unless it's like an audition piece or something. all project pieces should be kept close to the chest until release, it makes for a much better release experience then.

electric concerto
10-07-2008, 05:45 PM
That's kinda the idea I was thinking. Besides, with a lot of OCReMixers joining up, the critiquing should be good enough within the circle.

Abadoss
10-08-2008, 04:06 AM
I vote NO on public WIPs...

electric concerto
10-08-2008, 05:14 AM
Alright, no public WIPs.

However, I definitely like the idea of 1 or 2 preview tracks released, say, halfway or 3/4 through. Maybe not the full track, but like 30 seconds of a voted track. This way, people can hear a taste of it and yet can still be surprised when the full track is released.

Sinewav
10-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Oh man... I loved this game so much. I am very very temped to audition for it, I'm just trying to decide whether or not I actually have the time.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to its release.

electric concerto
10-09-2008, 05:32 AM
Oh man... I loved this game so much. I am very very temped to audition for it, I'm just trying to decide whether or not I actually have the time.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to its release.I'd love to have any and all who love this game to participate! My deadlines might be close together at one per month, but the quality of each version is lax. My deadlines were designed to help those who are busy with everything else.

Nutritious
10-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Must resist urge to join....

Maybe when this one's further along and things settle down with other projects :)

prophetik music
10-09-2008, 05:12 PM
jooooiiiin you must joooooiin us

Salluz
10-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Skies of Arcadia - A Sailor's Serenade

I have a completed remix of the theme "Battle 2". It's the second mix on the list. (http://www.vgmix.com/members/1331/audio.php) I even plan to put some rap and / or singing vocals on it.

electric concerto
10-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I've made a slight change in plan. November 1st is not the first WIP deadline, but rather the recruitment deadline as well as the track decision deadline. So recruitment will be closed and ReMixers of the project must decide on a track or tracks on or before the 1st of November. The sooner the better.

Please and thank you!

DarkeSword
10-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I got PMed with an invitation to join this project. I'd like to respectfully decline. Sorry. Good luck.

OA
10-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I got PMed with an invitation to join this project. I'd like to respectfully decline. Sorry. Good luck.

From what i've heard, every existing remixer got pmed. I'm passing too, but good luck on your project! :-)

electric concerto
10-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks anyway guys.

POCKETMAN
10-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Must resist urge to join....

Maybe when this one's further along and things settle down with other projects :)

exactly. ha ha

electric concerto
10-12-2008, 03:46 AM
From what i've heard, every existing remixer got pmed.

Actually, only about 30% of the ReMixer's on this site got invites, and that's less than I actually wanted to invite. 80% of the PMs were ReMixers whose music I enjoy to listen to, and the other 20% were recommended to me by other Project members. Just some FYI.

electric concerto
10-12-2008, 06:35 PM

I also noticed that Paistol's Theme and Doc/Maria's Theme is also missing. I'm going to try to rip those songs from the game.

Dark Rift was added to the source page on the website.

electric concerto
10-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Sorry about my website... Server should be back up by next Friday...

electric concerto
10-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Server back up, sorry about the delay...

Malcos
10-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Yep I'm definitely in. I'd like Imperial Theme please, from Disc 1.

electric concerto
10-23-2008, 11:42 PM
You got it! Everyone else without a chosen track, there's only 8 more days to pick! Please!

Abadoss
10-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Oh, pooh... I better get cracking...

electric concerto
10-26-2008, 03:37 AM
Only people left to decide on a track is Strike911, beckett007, and DZComposer.

electric concerto
11-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, it's time to close the recruitment. We still have no word from 2 of our arrangers, which is sad... We still have a few songs to pick from, so if there's additional arrangers who want to join, contact me via e-mail or PM and we'll work something out. As for the rest of the project arrangers, best of luck, and I look forward to the first WIP on December 1st!

Flik
12-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I got so wrapped up in my life bullshit that I completely forgot that I had been asked to participate. Sorry I dropped the ball. Maybe another time..

PlastikBag
12-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I got so wrapped up in my life bullshit that I completely forgot that I had been asked to participate. Sorry I dropped the ball. Maybe another time..

Well, I have to admit that the same thing happened to me. Except in my case I asked to participate. I know for certain that I won't be able to hit my WIP deadline this month, so please open the song up for grabs. I'll still work on the song, because I have a few ideas that I'd like to expand on, but it will be more of a personal project when I can find the time. Sorry.

Abadoss
12-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I too missed the deadline. For that I am sorry. I am still willing to work on the piece, but I know that part of the agreement was the WIP-a-month... let me know what you think...

The Pezman
12-09-2008, 12:43 AM
We still have a few songs to pick from
If your website is up to date it looks like there are many songs to pick from.

Maybe I'll jump in after finals...

electric concerto
12-20-2008, 02:16 AM
Sorry about the delay... Everyone who missed a deadline, it's cool. I'll have an uploading script handy so I'll extend the deadline a month. I hope that everyone who missed deadline stays with the project!

JXK
12-22-2008, 09:46 PM
The music in this game is sick.
I don't mind joining the project if it isn't too late, just assign me any track no one wants to do and I'll see what I can get out of it.:<

PyrocatMS
06-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Is this still in the works? It's a shame that there are so few Skies of Arcadia remixes, and I'm hoping that even if this project is dead, people will still post what they made, even if it's WIP.

Salluz
06-17-2009, 02:17 AM
I don't think it's dead (I don't think) but I had some horrible interferences. Also, the site got closed temporarily. It was such a good idea.

Bahamut
06-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Whoa, I didn't even know there was a Skies of Arcadia project...

Is there an updated claimed tracks list?

Abadoss
06-17-2009, 03:06 AM
That depends on who's still around... it's been a little quiet...

prophetik music
06-17-2009, 05:06 AM
That depends on who's still around... it's been a little quiet...

master of ellipses? try master of understatement.

Abadoss
06-17-2009, 09:07 PM
master of ellipses? try master of understatement.

I can only fit so many titles in my sig before I run out of room...

Salluz
10-10-2009, 06:12 AM
I am glad to know that this project isn't over. With a new DAW i can make it happen.

Bahamut
10-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I am glad to know that this project isn't over. With a new DAW i can make it happen.

I dunno, everything seems to scream dead atm...any word from Electric Concerto?

ilp0
10-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I have a pending WIP (source: Tragedy) that I could finish rather painlessly if the project is brought back to life

LuketheXjesse
10-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Ugh, if this project did come back to life I'd be obliged to join it since I love this soundtrack to the point of insanity, and the game itself is one of my all time favorite RPGs...I'm already doing a bunch of projects already, though. -_-

That and I don't have any good orchestral samples...maybe I could collab...I've been meaning to combine the Blue Pirates' Theme and Battle 2.

SwitzaHouse
06-22-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm def behind this all the way. I am not a remixer but I am in graphic design and would love to be apart of the artwork if there is space for me. This is my favorite RPG, so I would be committed as hell.

I also have the entire soundtrack so if there is a problem getting tracks I can help.

prophetik music
06-22-2010, 03:58 AM
notice how no one posted in this thread in eight months, until you brought it back from the dead? that might be a sign.

The Coop
06-22-2010, 04:36 AM
Is the person who started this even around anymore? He hasn't posted since the beginning of this year, and that was only for a handful of posts after a previous six month vanishing. Not to mention the website's gone.

Bahamut
06-22-2010, 04:58 AM
He did respond to my PM for what it's worth.

SwitzaHouse
06-22-2010, 06:04 AM
well my fingers are crossed, there are a lot of good tracks to choose from. i hope this project gets enough attention to get rolling.

Anorax
09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Wow, a whole year gap between posts again?

Anyway I would love to see this project be put back into motion!

Koriantor
09-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Skies of Arcadia was an awesome game with an awesome setting and some dang awesome music. HECK YES I would love to see this project revived!

electric concerto
09-15-2011, 05:29 PM
In due time. First I'm trying to build some credentials, the I got to built and refine a schedule. But I still plan on finishing this project, it's just put on temporary hold.

Mirby
09-15-2011, 09:32 PM
While I like the idea of this project, I'm not a fan of the title.

It's far too close to Solar Serenade, the name for the Boktai album I'm gonna make... eventually.

electric concerto
01-28-2012, 06:04 AM
I decided to start the recruitment over again. Check the first post for more info.

Modus
01-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Ohmygod, this is my favorite game ever. I have a Dreamcast just to play this game on with the uncompressed soundtrack (Gamecube version had compressed audio)

I am nowhere near the level of an OCremixer, that is fact, but I will audition for this until I'm blue in the face. There is literally no other game I'm more passionate about.

Wish me freaking luck :banghead:

Legion303
01-28-2012, 11:22 AM
So are all the tracks up for grabs again, or what?

electric concerto
01-28-2012, 03:25 PM
So are all the tracks up for grabs again, or what?
Yes, all tracks are up for grabs. If you were previously on the project and want to get your track back, you'll have to audition, pass, and select your song before other remixers get the chance to. Sorry, but I think this is fair for everyone.

Koriantor
01-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Ohmygod, this is my favorite game ever. I have a Dreamcast just to play this game on with the uncompressed soundtrack (Gamecube version had compressed audio)

I just discovered that a few days ago. I heard the dreamcast music and there definitely some pants changing afterwards.

...and good luck Modus!

electric concerto
01-28-2012, 09:17 PM
One thing I should mention is that this project has a condition for the music. Remixers must use at least one real instrument. Not a real sounding virtual instrument, but actually play something. Keyboards and electric guitars count as real instruments, so if you want to use them, you can.

Brandon Strader
01-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Is it the wisest decision to start recruitment for this in a thread that shows over 3 years of failure? :-P

You should have probably made a new thread in the recruitment subforum.

But there's too many projects.

Modus
01-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Is it the wisest decision to start recruitment for this in a thread that shows over 3 years of failure? :-P

awwwwww :[

electric concerto
01-29-2012, 05:19 AM

Probably not.

And technically it can only be a failure if it never succeeds.

"Should have"? Does this mean it's too late?

That's the thing with this site, there are ALWAYS too many projects.

Dj Mokram
01-29-2012, 03:15 PM
"Should have"? Does this mean it's too late?
Not at all. Head to the recruit & collaborate section (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39) and create a new thread for your project there. Good luck. ;-)

Bahamut
01-29-2012, 03:17 PM
What Mokram said - going to lock the thread now, the procedures have changed since this project was shelved.