My favorite in X2

Dude, send us your writeups and any wavs you haven't mastered yet XD

Metal Man
05-22-2011, 04:31 PM
[........]

Gario
05-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Dude, send us your writeups and any wavs you haven't mastered yet XD

Dyne has all the mastered wavs (the two Crystal Snail wavs were pre-mastered already). I'll send you some write-ups today, though (I wasn't aware that we needed them :P).

SuperiorX
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Wow I just found out about this project. I had vaguely remember hearing about a MMX project, but I didn't realize it was this far along or this large in scope. I listened to the previews and they sound pretty awesome! Can't wait to hear the whole thing!

Dyne
05-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Emunator, if I recall properly, I believe I sent them to melody. But I haven't seen him lately, so we'll have to try to get together with him ASAP.

Brandon Strader
05-27-2011, 05:55 AM
It's probably worth mentioning that the website is the #1 result on Google search. It's almost like the project has been released except none of the links work (obviously)

EDIT: I mean worth mentioning in that you guys could take it down or password protect it or what have you :-)

DrewGourley
05-27-2011, 08:04 PM
That cannot be accurate, I have a robots.txt file keeping it out of searches. Please tell me how you found it on google. This makes me very sad.

DrewGourley
05-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Sure as hell, I was able to find it. Frigging google...

proceed with lockdown.

Emunator
05-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Protip: If you really wanted to be tactful about this, sending an alert via Private Message would have been a LOT more discreet than posting about it in the public thread for everyone to see :|

DrewGourley
05-27-2011, 08:31 PM
You can't get in anymore, heheheheheeheheh! :evil:

I guess the SEO stuff works then, so, I must know what I'm doing or something...

EDIT:
For those of you who got in, I hope you liked what you saw!

prophetik music
05-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Protip: If you really wanted to be tactful about this, sending an alert via Private Message would have been a LOT more discreet than posting about it in the public thread for everyone to see :|

loooooooooool

Torzelan
05-27-2011, 09:42 PM
For those of you who got in, I hope you liked what you saw!
Friggin' loved what I saw, awesome job. The wait just got harder again though.

Emunator
05-27-2011, 09:44 PM
You should PM me your track writeup too dude :-D

Dyne
05-28-2011, 02:24 AM
I'm glad the issue is fixed.

Psychol0gist
05-28-2011, 11:54 AM
How's the mastering front going?

Cyril the Wolf
05-28-2011, 01:33 PM
I have some tracks to master but not nearly enough,

It seems people either haven't gotten the mass PM that was sent or are dragging their feet.

I got some from Dominic Ninmark that I have yet to get to, but after this weekend I will have 0 calls on my time and I think I've gotten to the point where I can play Terraria in moderation

Psychol0gist
06-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Hope not. That would mean more backlogs on the mastering department. =o

Brandon Strader
06-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Any latecomer left ?
Mine came prematurely (giggity :<)

Emunator has it

DJ SymBiotiX
06-17-2011, 01:58 PM
so... I'm kinda wondering whats going on with this :(

Emunator
06-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Still working on it... at least, me and Dyne are! I think Cyril and sixto are doing some mastering but I'm not sure what the status is on that.

Melody, if you're out there, hit me up dawg!

Brandon Strader
06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Is this the first album ever to have sextuple coordinators? :-o

Emunator
06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Sixto and Cyril aren't really coordinating, per se. More just producing, for the most part, and a little bit of consulting. I'm not even sure if melody/myself are actual codirectors anyway, but even if we were, we'd just be on par with Echoes of Betrayal in terms of staff count :-)

Dyne
06-24-2011, 03:04 AM
The project is still going strong. Things are winding down in a timely fashion, and hopefully with some luck we'll have everything sent to the evaluation panel soon. Bear with us, we're working as hard as we can (at least Emu, sixto and cyril are!).

The biggest obstacle right now is mastering the album since we've had to master several tracks.

That's all I have for you for now.

Torzelan
06-24-2011, 03:50 AM
You guys just IM'ing eachother now? So depressingly dead on the forum and IRC :(

Dyne
06-25-2011, 02:14 AM
True.
Who do I send my final update to ?
I have a hard time getting a reply in pm.

Ohhhh summer, shinning sun, beaches and vacation... :)

Send it to my email address: dyne2057@gmail.com I'll make sure Emunator gets it.

MrFX
06-26-2011, 05:39 PM
The previews are hyping me up for this! I love that Tunnel Rhino song in Preview 3...and I don't usually like that in my game music.

Shake
07-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Am I wrong in saying that everything is already done?

Or is there still a ton to master? Just want to get a feel for where you all are. From the looks of the front page, it seems as if everything has pretty much been wrapped up.

Emunator
07-09-2011, 08:05 PM
We've got final WAVs for pretty much everything, but a lot of them are unmastered so we need some help there. I had a few people on board helping but I'm not really sure if any of them are gonna come through anytime soon, so I may be looking around for more help.

We've also got a few executive decisions that need to be made about which tracks to cut that still aren't finished, and what to do with the GRMB songs that haven't seen any updates since the competition.

So, tl;dr - we've got all the pieces there to make a finished product but we're lacking the dedicated people that we need to make the rest of it happen though :\

Brandon Strader
07-09-2011, 08:59 PM
You could have sent me all of them and I would have mastered them within like 3 days. :-P Maybe less, depends on if I had hit snags. :-P

Swanky
07-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Sounds like a plan. And I'm eager to listen to the results. :)

Cyril the Wolf
07-11-2011, 05:51 AM
You could have sent me all of them and I would have mastered them within like 3 days. :-P Maybe less, depends on if I had hit snags. :-P

The reason I don't have everything mastered already is because of snags. And because some are "unmastered" but are actually brickwalled and crap already. :-|

Emunator
07-11-2011, 06:02 AM
The reason I don't have everything mastered already is because of snags. And because some are "unmastered" but are actually brickwalled and crap already. :-|

Ahhh, cool. Hit me up sometime and we'll touch base, just to take inventory and see who's doing what. Glad to see you're still around and willing to help though :-)

Brandon Strader
07-11-2011, 06:24 AM
And because some are "unmastered" but are actually brickwalled and crap already. :-|

That's... .. so horrible... I need to see if there's an emoticon sadder than the usual frown... cause this calls for it.. let's see.. :cry: A crying one... cool.

Shake
07-14-2011, 06:11 AM
Time to bring out the wip

Monobrow
07-14-2011, 06:58 AM
If you guys need help with anything hit me up too. I can at least help with critique and problem areas. Or anything really.

Shake
07-17-2011, 04:03 AM
agreed

MMX series gets nowhere NEAR enough love on this site

can't believe people like FF over the X series OST

Brandon Strader
07-17-2011, 04:32 AM
agreed

MMX series gets nowhere NEAR enough love on this site

can't believe people like FF over the X series OST
Can't people have an equal interest in both?

FF series is waaay huger than MMX series, though people who listen will find that the MMX series has sweet music too.

General Gilliam
07-20-2011, 03:09 PM
I listen to both. Both are equally awesome.

Shake
07-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Can't people have an equal interest in both?

FF series is waaay huger than MMX series, though people who listen will find that the MMX series has sweet music too.

Final Fantasy is fine, but MMX hits that sweet spot, musically, for me.

Level 99
07-21-2011, 04:24 PM
The point here is

all music is almost pretty much awesome, unless it is not. Agreed? Agreed.

My ability to find an answer that pleases everyone still goes unchallenged. Harumph.

(guys, lets get the ready for when Bahamut gets back from boot camp!)

Emunator
07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
(guys, lets get the ready for when Bahamut gets back from boot camp!)

You can help us accomplish this goal by getting me your damn track writeup for the Plaid Muffins song and getting in touch with Hemo to get the same from him :-D

Things are really coming along behind the scenes, I don't see any reason we won't be able to wrap this up by the end of the month if everybody cooperates. I'll be sending out another wave of PM's ASAP for those of you still missing stuff!

DJ SymBiotiX
07-21-2011, 09:43 PM
IS there anywhere with a complete list of who still needs to submit what?

Emunator
07-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I can post one real quick. I've already messaged all these people individually (some multiple times) but I suppose crowdsourcing might get things done quicker :-)

Tracks that do not have a final WAV (or we're not sure whether or not the one you sent us was mastered... i.e. I never got a response from you)

Demonstray x2 (tracks will likely be dropped due to extended periods of no contact, never received WAVs for either track)
Gario (Crystal Crow Crusher)
Krow (Deep Sea Harmony)
zykO (Hunter) [track will probably be dropped due to a hard drive crash and the fact that a wav was never produced]

Content Policy Agreements

cyril the wolf
gario
krow

Track Writeups (these are optional but we'd like to get a statement from every artist about their tracks for the website)

Level 99 (on behalf of the Overclocked Plaid Muffins)
Cyril the Wolf x5
Krow x2
Gario x3
Hemophiliac
BlackPanther
Ergosonic
ZykO
Jewbei
sixto

and anyone who did bonus tracks.

So yeah, that's pretty much what we're waiting on, in addition to the mastering of about a dozen tracks. If you are on this list for anything that means that, whether you sent it to Bahamut, Dyne, me, or whoever, I don't have something from you so you need to get in touch. The sooner we get this list cleared up, the sooner I can start encoding/tagging these sumbishes. If it goes too long and we still don't get content policy agreements/final wavs, we'll just start dropping tracks, I don't think anyone has a problem with that if it means keeping the momentum and getting this ready by the time Wes comes home.

Let's go!!

Shake
07-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Anyone who doesn't hand in their track can't because they're too busy being disappointments

DJ SymBiotiX
07-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Honestly, just tell people that they have X days to submit their shit or its not going on the album. I'm sick of this not coming out because people are too lazy to spend 5 minutes getting their shit in.

Brandon Strader
07-22-2011, 12:18 AM
Anyone who doesn't hand in their track can't because they're too busy being disappointments
You don't know what happened. Maybe they lost their arms in a freak ice sculpting accident. :-(

SuperiorX
07-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Maybe they lost their arms in a freak ice sculpting accident. :-(

Argh I hate it when that happens.

@Gario: you got called out in the previous post man, turn in yo stuff! :-D

I am eagerly awaiting this album. The previews have sounded great, can't wait!

Gario
07-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Y'know, I could've swore I sent in the tracks twice and the writeups at least once. I'll send in another set though in a bit. I've also given the policy statements before, I'm sure, but... well, that might've been for another project. If they need to be in response to a specific form then please send them again.

I know that all my tracks I sent in were mastered, so if it's a matter of you not having them then... well, that'd suck. If you have a WAV of my track then it's the mastered version (as mastered as it's getting - I went over it once already for this and don't want to revisit it a second time).

I will send Dyne everything in the list again, though, so I suppose this is a non-issue.

Brandon Strader
07-22-2011, 01:12 AM
As someone involved in this project with some of my best work, I am very, very appreciative of Emunator and co taking initiative to find all the pieces and put them together. This album is waaay overdue. Thanks guys. :-)

Emunator
07-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Yeah, Gario it's likely that you probably did send that all in, but the organization on this project has been a mess and a half. I'm really trying to keep my head on straight as I try to track down everything that was sent to various people. I very much appreciate your patience, especially if you've already sent your stuff in.

I think the only one we're missing is a WAV for Crystal Crow Crusher, but I can ask around and do some digging to see if maybe I just made a clerical mistake when updating the Doc that we're keeping everything on. If you have it though, it'd be easier to just send it again and skip the long, drawn-out search :-)

Brandon Strader
07-23-2011, 04:20 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yURqqaORVmc/TH2cOJphvZI/AAAAAAAABaE/XfMatBPJD64/s400/you-re-late.jpg
Stock photos of businessmen

Amazing

If that were a white man I'd make a joke about how he's making a gun and a fist with his hands, but no single black businessman has ever commuted a crime and that's a fact, you can google it.

Brandon Strader
07-23-2011, 04:55 AM
I am thoroughly offended by that post.

I found it to be very hateful.

SuperiorX
07-23-2011, 03:55 PM
@Metal Man, I think you are missing the point sir. Brandon said no black businessman has ever committed a crime. I'm not sure you can count Lil Wayne as a businessman.

And what's a gangstat? :-D

Emunator
07-23-2011, 08:12 PM
This thread is now about Megaman X again.

Omni-Psyence
07-23-2011, 08:17 PM
This thread is now about Megaman X again.

Excellent choice of topic.

MMX4 is my favorite!

Shake
07-24-2011, 10:39 AM
You don't know what happened. Maybe they lost their arms in a freak ice sculpting accident. :-(

That would be a disappointment

ahahahahah; you know, cuz I called them disappointments in the last post cause they wouldn't hand their tracks in

GHAHAHASHDGFGFFASDJK

No srsly guyz I wanna bust my speakers before the summer is out

Arrow
07-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Well of course. Did you think promotional art in the style of 80's video game covers were going to actually look like the character? That's not how they rolled back then. XD

zyko
07-27-2011, 06:13 PM
hey, my (un backed up) hard drive with a decade of zyko mazika was wiped... including what would have been my best mix to date, hunter... (no, really, i love that track )

so yeah
they need to invent an emoticon for how awful i feel because you couldn't combine all the shitty ones in the world and scratch the surface of the hurt

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

i don't want the track dropped but barring some kind of miracle, i'm not sure how else that can be avoided

coder12
07-27-2011, 08:59 PM
hey, my (un backed up) hard drive with a decade of zyko mazika was wiped... including what would have been my best mix to date, hunter... (no, really, i love that track )

so yeah
they need to invent an emoticon for how awful i feel because you couldn't combine all the shitty ones in the world and scratch the surface of the hurt

i don't want the track dropped but barring some kind of miracle, i'm not sure how else that can be avoided

As long as you didn't write anything back on to it... file restore please! Just don't write onto the drive at all and they should be restorable :)

Emunator
07-28-2011, 01:57 AM

so yeah

Feels bad man, real sorry to hear that :-( You should at least post the WIP here if you've still got it, or... maybe try and get it re-done in time for the release? We'd still love to have it on board if you can find any way possible to do so, but of course we won't hold it against you if you have to drop. Shit happens, I'm really sorry bro :-(

zyko
07-28-2011, 02:42 AM
As long as you didn't write anything back on to it... file restore please! Just don't write onto the drive at all and they should be restorable :)

i exhausted almost all common solutions to no avail including file restore. no luck. what's gone is gone :(

can't and won't redo it. too far along, it was. y'all already have the wip, i turned it in, it was just too raw and apparently too much so for post-prod bandages.

http://www.zykomazika.com/hunterwip.mp3 if you dont

Brandon Strader
07-28-2011, 03:37 AM
i exhausted almost all common solutions to no avail including file restore. no luck. what's gone is gone :(

can't and won't redo it. too far along, it was. y'all already have the wip, i turned it in, it was just too raw and apparently too much so for post-prod bandages.

I paused the new Opeth song to listen to this. Zyko ftw :-o
Your hd-crash was a traaaaagedy

I don't think it's beyond including on the album.. toss an mp3 on there.. :-D

Psychol0gist
07-28-2011, 08:48 AM
At the rate it's going, do the mp3 for it zyko. I can hold out for another 6 months to a year. Means Xmas will be full of beats. =D

Shake
07-28-2011, 10:27 AM

I posted a Rival Schools topic in the remix request forum, and no one replied. A short moment later, your song is gone. I really doubt this is a coincidence. It must be God's wrath.

On a less serious note; this is why I back up EVERYTHING I have that is dear to me the moment its on my PC.

can't trust HD's AT ALL.

SuperiorX
07-28-2011, 03:40 PM
At the rate it's going, do the mp3 for it zyko. I can hold out for another 6 months to a year. Means Xmas will be full of beats. =D

I sure hope this album comes out before Xmas... I thought it was almost done. :neutral:

zyko
07-28-2011, 05:28 PM
well it's in mp3 now. the problem is i no longer have the project files nor the lossless wav even to do much to it. i wouldn't convert out either so i'm sorta stuck with this mp3 as a reminder of exactly what you're referring to, shake. i don't think i could have possibly learned this lesson any harsher. i'm in the market for a new external drive which i will use to back up everything and its mother

Dj Mokram
07-28-2011, 06:13 PM
No srsly guyz I wanna bust my speakers before the summer is out
I thought it was almost done. :neutral:
It's not that simple, guys.
There's a huge amount of work (even besides the music) that goes into releasing an album here.
Especially one of this magnitude. And that's not even taking the project-queue into consideration. ;)

KyleJCrb
07-28-2011, 06:26 PM
This project is MASSIVE. Even when all of the songs are done, I get the feeling the post-music logistics of this thing are going to take ages. It took several months after the last song was complete to push Summoning of Spirits out the door, and there wasn't even an album queue at that time.

SuperiorX
07-28-2011, 11:49 PM
It's not that simple, guys.
There's a huge amount of work (even besides the music) that goes into releasing an album here.
Especially one of this magnitude. And that's not even taking the project-queue into consideration. ;)

Yeah, I know, I'm just impatient :< And yeah I know the album queue is humongous right now...

zyko
07-29-2011, 02:17 AM
well it's in mp3 now. the problem is i no longer have the project files nor the lossless wav even to do much to it.

i lied.
i found a wav form. not sure what can be done with it, honestly but at least i have one.

anybody know some top notch wizardry that can revive this?

Brandon Strader
07-29-2011, 05:49 AM
i lied.
i found a wav form. not sure what can be done with it, honestly but at least i have one.

I will put that baby through t-Racks3 if you'll let me :-D

Swanky
07-29-2011, 05:52 AM
i lied.

Nice one... now you need to plug out your phone, your internets and a lot of coffee.

zyko
07-29-2011, 02:25 PM
I will put that baby through t-Racks3 if you'll let me :-D

of course. if i could have t-racked it, i would have

Nice one... now you need to plug out your phone, your internets and a lot of coffee.

hasn't worked so far

Emunator
07-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Once we get writeups from Cyril for his 5 tracks, Krow gets in touch about his songs, and we get someone to master the rest of the unmastered songs, we could be very, very close to wrapping this up. I'm willing to just put in a few days solid and beast through the encoding and tagging, that's not a big deal. I just need help with the mastering.

Flexstyle
08-01-2011, 03:51 AM
I just need help with the mastering.

Hrm. Do I have time to volunteer for this...or not? :sleepdepriv:

Brandon Strader
08-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Hrm. Do I have time to volunteer for this...or not? :sleepdepriv:
of course u do :-P

Gario
08-03-2011, 03:32 PM
If you want to go that route, Terra > Gigaman (at least I can prove that he's better than Megaman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJkTDkYbdg&feature=player_detailpage#t=61s)).

washudoll
08-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Once we get writeups from Cyril for his 5 tracks, Krow gets in touch about his songs, and we get someone to master the rest of the unmastered songs, we could be very, very close to wrapping this up. I'm willing to just put in a few days solid and beast through the encoding and tagging, that's not a big deal. I just need help with the mastering.

So Emunator, any updates regarding this project? How is everything going?

Need Help?

-Cheers.

Emunator
08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
So Emunator, any updates regarding this project? How is everything going?

Need Help?

-Cheers.

We've actually got everything mastered, the project is pretty much done now on the music side of things. I just need to pick up the last 3 WAVs from Cyril that he's mastered and then I can formulate a tentative release package to submit for evaluation. I'll probably hold off until Bahamut returns from boot camp though, so he can put his seal of approval on it.

But yeah, things are good :-) This project's almost done.

DJ SymBiotiX
08-09-2011, 09:28 PM
w00t and whatnot!

SuperiorX
08-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Yay! When does Bahamut get back?

Swanky
08-10-2011, 06:45 PM
\o/ This sounds so exciting!

Emunator
08-11-2011, 09:36 PM
That's it :-) We've now got a WAV for every song on the project, mastered and encoded as an MP3. However, since Baha still isn't back yet and he obviously needs to hear the final product before it's shipped to evaluation, I've decided to allow the next 2 weeks for any fixes to be made.

If you wish to make any changes to your final WAV for this project, it must be done in the next 2 weeks or you're out of luck! Spread the word, we're moving on after that!!

EDIT: MP3 semi-final pre-eval packages are being sent out right now, please check at LEAST your own songs and make sure they're the correct version and that you're happy with it! These next 2 weeks are your chance to speak up if you're not happy with anything before it goes into eval! Hope you all enjoy!

Psychol0gist
08-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh damnnnnn...
HOME STRETCH BABY!!!
Bring that album home to daddy!!!

Shake
08-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Listen closely:

IF YOUR DYING GRANDMOTHERS LAST WISH IS TO HAVE A COPY OF THIS ALBUM DENY IT UP AND DOWN THE BLOCK

It's a highly anticipated project, and a leak can come from anywhere. For your eyes and Bahamuts only.

And even I wouldnt trust bahamut. Or myself. Hell, I'd delete it just to be sure

Brandon Strader
08-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Oh, wait what? I was just listening to some of the album with my grandma... I didn't know there was a rule against that... :cry:

Bahamut
08-14-2011, 02:10 AM
I got to hear everything today - it is sounding sexy! It's pretty much ready to go minus a few minor issues with the album version I listened to. Some tracks got some excellent updates & there's a few more tracks than originally planned before I left for boot camp. You'll all love the album once it makes it past eval for release!

Gario
08-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Oooh shit, look who's here. Glad to have you back with us, man. :smile:

Bahamut
08-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Indeed, it feels great to be back! Although using a computer again is still a bit of foreign territory to me...

But man, the album is sounding even better with the mastered tracks! It's so tempting to let everyone hear it but then that'd be no fun without an official release :razz: . You all got a taste of Washudoll's Boomer Kuwanger track in that little preview DrewGourley posted, but little do you all know that the album as a whole is quite breathtaking and dare I say different from what might be expected.

Swanky
08-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Don't make me want to shake my monitor like your neck when I want this album this much. ;) Good to have you back.

SuperiorX
08-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Oh nice, welcome back Bahamut! I can't wait to hear the whole album!

Crulex
08-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Welcome back, Bahamut. Good to see you back at the helm.

DJ SymBiotiX
08-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Making my way through the album while driving to/from work. Amazing stuff, I'm soo looking forward to the release. So many awesome choons :D

avaris
08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Welcome back dude.

Emunator
08-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I listened to a couple so far, and I found at least 2 that can't be the finished version because they end up just so abrupt. "Vile needs to galvanize" and "I am the one who designed and built Megaman".
But the songs are so much solid and good sounding. Congrats to everyone, you made something epic.

Yup yup, these are both encoding errors and I'm aware of them, they'll be fixed in the final package :-) Good ear though!

MrFX
08-28-2011, 10:15 AM
What's the latest and greatest? How close are we to an actual release?

zyko
08-28-2011, 05:13 PM
i listened and *gleeeeeeee*
there is a lot of very hard rocking going on throughout the discs, no question about it. i have some new heroes. aside from the abrupt cutoffs that are already known and, unfortunately, my two tracks that sound like they live in a can (my apologies for my-half-assed showing), this album sounds all manners of RAWK STRONG. maybe strongest project yet? i dunno but it'll be close.

everyone involved in all aspects of this album should be very proud of forging a quality product. the rest of you better start saving some of that drool eekin' out yo moufs for when this drops ;)

Emunator
08-28-2011, 09:10 PM
My plan is to have this album in evaluation by the end of tonight :-) We've got just about everything we need to make that happen, I just need to patch some pieces together. We're just about in the final stretch!

Brandon Strader
08-29-2011, 12:37 AM
My plan is to have this album in evaluation by the end of tonight :-) We've got just about everything we need to make that happen, I just need to patch some pieces together. We're just about in the final stretch!
If by final stretch you mean a small one like a cat would do (albeit very unpleasant to watch) then hell yes. Great job, y'all :-D

Shake
08-30-2011, 05:01 AM
this album sounds all manners of RAWK STRONG. maybe strongest project yet? i dunno but it'll be close.

my niggas

keep the ball rollin fellas

Emunator
09-01-2011, 02:50 AM
Alright, it's been submitted. A few days late but I double-checked everything and it should be good to go. Now to play the waiting game...

... the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

Brandon Strader
09-01-2011, 03:11 AM
RISE TO SUBMISSION

that's how opeth would say it

i love opeth and this album

MrFX
09-01-2011, 03:54 PM
ALRIGHT! The remix album I've been wanting to see happen ever since I got into VGM is about to be released!! :mrgreen:

Mirby
09-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Question: What's the total playtime for this album, from start to finish?

Devastus
09-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Looks like 04:20:07 when I checked.

I've been listening to the whole thing now and DAYUMNN it's the shit. So much quality stuff (and with so much variety in styles!) from everybody. Amazing, amazing job guys.

Mirby
09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
So a full hour less than DKC3. I'm gonna have a lot of reviewing to do.

I should prepare with a retro review of VotL... :P

lol 420

KyleJCrb
09-01-2011, 06:03 PM
So a full hour less than DKC3. I'm gonna have a lot of reviewing to do.

I should prepare with a retro review of VotL... :P

lol 420

Or you could review SoS. Just sayin'.

Mirby
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
If I do retro reviews, I'm gonna end up reviewing more than just VotL, Kyle.

Plus, both VotL and SoS have Sixto, so that's a plus in my book. :P

Bahamut
09-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Man I can't wait until the end of October so I can hear the 100% final product (I'm stuck out by Camp Lejeune for infantry training - been sleeping out in the field for the past week while doing fun stuff like firing an M16A4 at night, throwing hand grenades, and firing a rocket & grenade launcher).

I'm happy with the final priduct though - we got a kickass album on our hands that is sure to rock your world! There is a lot of great work done by everyone, so much thanks to all for bearing with me & Emunator, who also deserves much credit, as well as my greatest appreciation, for being able to pick up with what I have not been in the position to do. Like zyko, I'm going to make the bold claim that it is one of the strongest albums to come from the community yet, but I'll let you all be the judge of that when it hits :) .

Mirby
09-03-2011, 09:33 AM
If that final preview is any indication, I think it will be.

But unfortunately, it won't be the longest. You didn't break that mark, Baha. :P

SuperiorX
09-03-2011, 02:19 PM
If that final preview is any indication, I think it will be.

But unfortunately, it won't be the longest. You didn't break that mark, Baha. :P

I'd take 60 very high quality songs over 80-90ish that hit or miss (not directing that at any particular album, just saying quality > quantity)

Gario
09-03-2011, 03:33 PM
But... but what if you have both?

Brandon Strader
09-03-2011, 04:43 PM
But... but what if you have both?
It's possible to have quality AND quantity, I think MMX proved that -- It also has a lot of diversity, but the definitive MegaMan sound is intact with each song, that is to say the remixes were done well, they fit amongst each other. :-)

Mirby
09-03-2011, 07:21 PM
You all do realize I was talking in playtime, not total tracks. And was making a joke, right?

Right?

SuperiorX
09-03-2011, 10:52 PM
It's possible to have quality AND quantity, I think MMX proved that -- It also has a lot of diversity, but the definitive MegaMan sound is intact with each song, that is to say the remixes were done well, they fit amongst each other. :-)

That's good to hear! The previews have sounded absolutely amazing, so if that's any indication of the album as a whole, it should be epic.

kaijin
09-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Hey, just wanted to thank you for extending an invite early on. I was really busy at the time and couldn't contribute, but I'm really excited to hear the final product. :)

Shake
09-13-2011, 11:27 PM
New Album Title: ''Dick Riding Megaman X1:Fuck the rexxxt'

I put x's instead of s' since it seems to be the hip thing to do.

what do you guys think? I thought it up just now and I think I really came through'

coder12
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
New Album Title:

Absolutely. No mainstream things like the letter S, things gotta be hipster nowadays.

On another note: I can't wait for this album! I eagerly await while listening to the previews over and over :)

Bahamut
09-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Well, we got several albums coming out before MR, so you'll have a bit of a wait before this releases. Fear not though, the album is still 100% done and ready! I'd expect MR early next year.

SuperiorX
09-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Well, we got several albums coming out before MR, so you'll have a bit of a wait before this releases. Fear not though, the album is still 100% done and ready! I'd expect MR early next year.

:cry: That's sad, with it being 100% done and all it'd be nice to hear it before next year. Oh well. I wish we had a thread though that had a rough timeline for the album queue, so we have an idea of what's coming up next.

Swanky
09-19-2011, 07:36 AM
I believe that'd be Super Dodge Ball and Donkey Kong Country 3 projects.

Emunator
09-19-2011, 07:51 AM
I believe that'd be Super Dodge Ball and Donkey Kong Country 3 projects.

Nope. I'm not sure how much liberty I have to talk about upcoming releases (not because we want to keep that info private, necessarily, but just because it's so tentative and we don't want to give anybody false hope about a project releasing earlier than we can actually get it out) but DKC3 is definitely not coming out before Maverick Rising.

Metal Man
09-19-2011, 01:44 PM
[........]

Level 99
09-19-2011, 03:09 PM
:cry: That's sad, with it being 100% done and all it'd be nice to hear it before next year. Oh well. I wish we had a thread though that had a rough timeline for the album queue, so we have an idea of what's coming up next.

Heh, albums are usually done audio-wise way ahead of release. NiGHTS was done nearly 8 months before the album came out. With the current amount of albums lined up for release (there are at least three or four that got in before Maverick Rising was turned in for album eval), we generally don't give timelines on where things are in the process. Some times are better than others for staff to attend to things, just because real life is unexpected. Rather than give people the impression that something is imminent*, these things are kept private for the benefit of both OCR and the fans/consumers.

That being said, this is probably the current top priority album for album eval. The size of it makes it quite difficult to tackle but it is being chipped away at. Even if this is likely to wait until early next year to post, what a better way to potentially kick off the year, right? There's still plenty in the pipeline for the rest of '11, too.

*exception being when albums have specified release dates as part of their scope, scheduled to coincide with some special date.

SuperiorX
09-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Yeah I know these things take time, and it's not like anyone is getting paid to create/evaluate these things, so we don't really have any room to complain. I just meant it would be nice if there was a fluid thread that listed the album queue as it stood at that time, with an expected release window (a few months give or take?).

It's not like I would get mad and rage over a release date being "missed", but I could see where some people might get upset... I just want to know what's coming up down the line :mrgreen:

Mirby
09-20-2011, 12:08 PM
You mean like this (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34313)? :P

Psychol0gist
09-21-2011, 08:07 AM
You mean like this (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34313)? :P

*shoots Mirby* No, bad remixer. No joking about release dates. =x
Wait is long enough as it is. DX

Mirby
09-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Pffft.... like I'm good enough to be a remixer. XD

In all seriousness though, that would be cool. But I also like the surprise of when an album's release date is announced.

Bahamut
09-24-2011, 06:47 AM
It's always hard to say with release dates - as noted, many factors go into a release of an album. I'm glad that the most tentative stuff is taken care of already, which is allowing me to refocus on Lufia 2 :) .

But yeah, a fluid thread would be no good as some releases are meant to be kept secret until they're out by director intention. The best I can give is an informal estimate based on my knowledge. I do want to see this out asap though, the wait has been too long!

Metal Man
09-24-2011, 11:00 PM
[........]

Dyne
09-25-2011, 03:47 AM
Fear not intrepid listeners, excellent albums of epic epicness will be out as soon as they can be. In the meantime, speculate about what's next.

KyleJCrb
09-25-2011, 04:09 AM
I heard the next OCR album was going to be a Crazy Bus arrange album with twice as many tracks as Maverick Rising.

Gario
09-25-2011, 04:13 AM
SHHHH!! That was supposed to be a secret to EVERYBODY!

Orangedragan
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM
I loved the MM9 album, though I felt there were problems as far as variety of style went. The preview of this album almost made me jizz my pants... I cannot wait for this to be released, and I'm hoping desperately that it will be up to the same par as the NiGHTS album. Which, again, the preview seems to suggest. :)!!

Bahamut
09-26-2011, 01:03 AM
You all have no idea...it's certainly up there, but I'll let others debate what the best album is. I'll just say that all on board absolutely loved being a part of it and think it's really well done.

Orangedragan
09-26-2011, 06:11 PM
You all have no idea...it's certainly up there, but I'll let others debate what the best album is. I'll just say that all on board absolutely loved being a part of it and think it's really well done.

What's your opinion on which is better, Bahamut? It's got quite a name to live up to. ^_^

Bahamut
10-01-2011, 05:17 AM
What's your opinion on which is better, Bahamut? It's got quite a name to live up to. ^_^

I don't feel like I can really quantify what is "better". I enjoy a lot of releases, especially some of the more recent ones.

Mirby
10-01-2011, 05:38 AM
So in other words, you're smart enough not to play favorites, eh?

:P

Bahamut
10-01-2011, 05:42 AM
While it's true it'd be bad of me to say something like this album kicks the living shit out of all the oters on OCR, I truly don't feel it's proper to compare when each album has different goals.

Mirby
10-01-2011, 05:46 AM
While it's true it'd be bad of me to say something like this album kicks the living shit out of all the oters on OCR, I truly don't feel it's proper to compare when each album has different goals.

Exactly.

I love 'em all myself. This one will certainly be no exception.

SuperiorX
10-01-2011, 03:27 PM

I interpreted this line to read: "It's true this album kicks the living shit out of all the others on OCR". :mrgreen:

Nah, seriously though, the quality of the albums OCR has been producing lately is amazing. We've got so many talented people in the community, it's great.

Bahamut
10-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Exactly, I particularly loved the Sonic and NiGHTS albums quite a lot. I've been behind and haven't heard the others for the better part of the year, but I will do so soon & probably enjoy the others a lot too.

Metal Man
10-06-2011, 09:17 PM
[........]

Shake
10-10-2011, 11:18 AM
safe to say the album is complete, right?

yep, all done. Is the site up? I want something to tide me over. I just love the MMX2 intro stage that much. That's really what I'm looking forward to the most.

KyleJCrb
10-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Just relax, dudes. It'll be out when it's out.

Ragnarock
10-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Wow, this is going to be a BIG album, isn't it? I'm a little sad that no one's doing Launch Octopus, but I've seen a lot of other sources that I think'll come out great. Looking forward to it!

Metal Man
10-20-2011, 04:11 AM
[........]

Orangedragan
10-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Megaman seems unlucky in that department; one really good track is accidentally left out. Maybe they'll do another EP for Launch Octopus. :3

Bahamut
10-21-2011, 04:20 PM
You'll get a little extra to tide you over sometime before the release, just keep your eyes peeled. :)

SuperiorX
10-21-2011, 10:41 PM
You'll get a little extra to tide you over sometime before the release, just keep your eyes peeled. :)

Ooooh :mrgreen:

Gardaa
10-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Good to hear, I have been checking on this thread once or twice a week since February.
A few extra tracks before the actual album would be really nice. Just guessing thats what to look for.
Been enjoying the MM9 and SuperDodgeball albums meanwhile. Two best albums from OC this year IMO. Hoping I can add this album to the top 3. (Actually hoping this one is better TBH!! :mrgreen:)

Bahamut
10-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Nah, there will only be one extra track, if that, before the album drops - the album is pretty much finalized as it is.

GizmoKSX
11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
The avatar of awesomeness himself Egoraptor just did a spotlight on Mega Man X: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM
It's fantastic... even if he could have gushed about the soundtrack more. ;-)

Bahamut
11-10-2011, 02:07 AM
I never realized he posted it, being away at boot camp and all - enjoy one of the project mixes, courtesy of Chuck Dietz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTofKW2M5w

Tuberz McGee
11-10-2011, 03:12 AM
I must say, I saw that months ago.
He's doing tutorial videos for it as well.
I hope he sticks around and does more stuff for OCR. I'm a huge fan of his.
Totally hyped. Can't wait for the release.

KyleJCrb
11-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I never realized he posted it, being away at boot camp and all - enjoy one of the project mixes, courtesy of Chuck Dietz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTofKW2M5w

Haha, those facial expressions are so METAL. \m/

Bahamut
11-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Just a reminder that Cyril's song Crushing Gravity can be found on YouTube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCh4CyhhDxA

Brandon Strader
11-10-2011, 10:19 PM
As tempted as I might've been to share my song I didn't, so y'all can look forward to it on this album when it comes out... I still really like it after all this time and I hope you do too

edit: Err not trying to take the focus away from Cyril (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCh4CyhhDxA) or Chuck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTofKW2M5w), just feeling reminiscent of this already

Shake
11-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Those two songs just make me want this bad muthafuck even more

I NEED MORE ROCK GOD DAMN IT

Mirby
11-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Judging by the artist lineup here, you'll get more than enough rock to last you quite some time. :3

SuperiorX
11-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Those were two intense videos. This album cannot come soon enough!

BONKERS
11-12-2011, 03:56 AM
I don't think I could wait so long for this anymore judging by how much I love listening to everything.:nicework:

I hate going back and listening to one of my songs because I can only hear how I could've done things better! :?

Bahamut
11-12-2011, 04:25 AM
There's still time! :)

MrFX
11-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Chuck's Blaze Heatnix is AMAZING. Did that make it to the album?

Bahamut
11-12-2011, 01:21 PM
That Blaze Heatnix is how I found him - he chose to do Infinity Mijinion for it though, which is cool since it's something new.

Mirby
11-12-2011, 01:28 PM
His X vs. Zero (which is how I found him) is pretty awesome too.

Tuberz McGee
11-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Chuck's work is amazing. He's a solid guitarist.
If you really like his playing, check out his bands.
At least check out Circle 7 which is my favourite of his bands.

BONKERS
11-15-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm feeling like lately that I SHOULD sub at least two of my songs out of the 3 to the panel for this, so more people can listen to them once it's out.
But I just subbed a song like 3 days ago for something else.

I gotta mark stuff on a calender or someshit.

Dj Mokram
11-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Just a reminder that Cyril's song Crushing Gravity can be found on YouTube as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCh4CyhhDxA
Gonna ask this as candidly as possible: doesn't this effectively constitute a precedent that it is now acceptable to leak project tracks ahead of the release?
Again, just an honest query on my part, no harm intended.

Bahamut
11-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Gonna ask this as candidly as possible: doesn't this effectively constitute a precedent that it is now acceptable to leak project tracks ahead of the release?
Again, just an honest query on my part, no harm intended.

It has happened in the past, even with previous album projects. It happened for quite a few tracks for Serious Monkey Business, and even before then.

Dj Mokram
11-15-2011, 05:35 PM
It has happened in the past, even with previous album projects. It happened for quite a few tracks for Serious Monkey Business, and even before then.
I hear ya Wes, but there were also times when such confidentiality issues stirred up drama.
Thus my question: has it now become acceptable to release project tracks early outside of OCR?

Bahamut
11-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I hear ya Wes, but there were also times when such confidentiality issues stirred up drama.
Thus my question: has it now become acceptable to release project tracks early outside of OCR?

Usually if all parties are ok with it, then there's no problem. I remember being a bit miffed at it happening for Serious Monkey Business, but I've grown personally more lax and accepting over it over time. I'm not about to deny artists the freedom to post their music.

KyleJCrb
11-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Usually if all parties are ok with it, then there's no problem. I remember being a bit miffed at it happening for Serious Monkey Business, but I've grown personally more lax and accepting over it over time. I'm not about to deny artists the freedom to post their music.

I was kind of miffed about it with SoS too, but then I realized that it was a really good way to drum up excitement for the album itself (as we're seeing here.)

SuperiorX
11-15-2011, 10:20 PM
I was kind of miffed about it with SoS too, but then I realized that it was a really good way to drum up excitement for the album itself (as we're seeing here.)

Yeah as long as all the project tracks don't get leaked :-)

Brandon Strader
11-15-2011, 10:21 PM
YEAH IT'S GOOD TO KNOW IN ADVANCE if directors are cool about it, apparently keeping tracks secret is one of the unwritten rules of projects. It'd be good if it were written. But I also agree about the promotional aspect of it, as did Rozovian, when he gave me permission to send Mirage to Songs for the Cure - Reiki (http://music.cancerdrive.org/album/songs-for-the-cure-11-reiki). :-)

Dj Mokram
11-17-2011, 01:29 PM
keeping tracks secret is one of the unwritten rules of projects.Yeah, and one that can be difficult to grasp for a newcomer, since it's hardly ever mentioned. That's the point I was trying to make.

Usually if all parties are ok with it, then there's no problem. [...] I'm not about to deny artists the freedom to post their music.Thanks for clarifying things on that subject Wes. :)

MrFX
11-25-2011, 03:47 AM
How close are we now to public release?

KyleJCrb
11-25-2011, 03:49 AM
It won't be this year.

TonitoX2
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
not this year!? I need new workout music and it's not this year!? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bahamut
12-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Sucks, I know - we have a tentative release date scheduled though. There's a few last minute touchups we want though.

TonitoX2
12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Sucks, I know - we have a tentative release date scheduled though. There's a few last minute touchups we want though.

:puppyeyes:

:(

I understand, you gentlemen (and ladies if there are any in this project) keep up the good work. I will try to find a fix for the mean time lol.

shadow24
12-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Looking forward to the release of this :)

KyleJCrb
12-07-2011, 10:27 PM
:puppyeyes:

:(

I understand, you gentlemen (and ladies if there are any in this project) keep up the good work. I will try to find a fix for the mean time lol.

BadAss just came out, and Wild ARMs comes out in just a few short weeks. If there's one thing there will be a shortage of, it certainly won't be awesome tunes.

Bahamut
12-08-2011, 12:42 AM
So many albums...and MR isn't even the end of the trail. We have enough albums queued up to last several months, and that queue will only get larger.

Ragnarock
12-08-2011, 01:33 AM
So many albums...and MR isn't even the end of the trail. We have enough albums queued up to last several months, and that queue will only get larger.

That's really nice to hear! I've loved the X series ever since I first played it. (After trying to understand Megaman Zero's plot without playing the X series...:oops: )

Ashram
12-14-2011, 05:26 AM
I just saw a thread about this on a forum I go to. A shame that Xtreme 1 & 2 aren't represented, especially considering I figured MHX was just a remake of the original with remixed music. Never actually played it since I didn't have a PSP.

Mirby
12-14-2011, 09:28 AM
I just saw a thread about this on a forum I go to. A shame that Xtreme 1 & 2 aren't represented, especially considering I figured MHX was just a remake of the original with remixed music. Never actually played it since I didn't have a PSP.

It pretty much is, with the capsules moved around. You can play as Vile though once you beat the game.

In fact, Vile's opening stage theme has a remix here courtesy of zyko.

Bahamut
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
It pretty much is, with the capsules moved around. You can play as Vile though once you beat the game.

In fact, Vile's opening stage theme has a remix here courtesy of BONKERS.

You mean zyko.

Also, Mega Man Xtreme 1 & 2 are just chiptune versions of the music from X1 - 3.

Mirby
12-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I did say zyko! Honestly, I did!

Brandon Strader
12-14-2011, 06:00 PM
BONKERS is amazing though, as is zyko. I'd like to hear that mix by both of 'em. :-P

DrewGourley
12-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Baha, just let me know when you need the final files for the website and I'll get it all zipped up for you.

Bahamut
12-17-2011, 03:10 AM
So it has been a little while since you guys got to hear of anything going on really - we do have a release period in mind, although the date we were planning for originally ended up getting pushed back due to staff considerations on album order to release. I do have a nice goodie for you all to eat up though!

http://bahamutwc.com/images/MR%20WIP.png

Behold, the album cover!

Brandon Strader
12-17-2011, 03:32 AM
Badass album cover, and it looks consistent with the mm9 cover (the close-up of the eye)

pu_freak
12-17-2011, 04:46 PM
BadAss album cover, and it looks consistent with the mm9 cover (the close-up of the eye)

Fixed

10char

Ragnarock
12-18-2011, 03:30 AM
Now I'm even more pumped about this album! :)!!

Mirby
12-18-2011, 06:13 AM
How far back was it pushed? A few days? A few weeks?

Chernabogue
12-18-2011, 08:06 AM
The cover is very nice. Good job. :nicework:

MrFX
12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
How far back was it pushed? A few days? A few weeks?

They aren't giving specific answers. I'm going to guess a few months. I could be wrong, but I'm hoping to see something by Feb. If not, then, well, we'll just have to wait longer.

Bahamut
12-19-2011, 12:31 AM
They aren't giving specific answers. I'm going to guess a few months. I could be wrong, but I'm hoping to see something by Feb. If not, then, well, we'll just have to wait longer.

I'm not going to give specifics because it's disappointing when timeframes aren't met - I originally meant for this album to come out almost a year ago but part of its delay has been due to OCR staff wanting to insert albums beforehand and then lack of management when I was gone although I had set a plan, exactly everything that was needed for release, etc. I hate sitting on the music the most.

So just let it go people (not a specific towards MrFX) - things didn't happen as I had intended to, and so the album didn't get released when it was supposed to. Enjoy the albums as they come, we're about to see Wild ARMS come out, so there'll be plenty of music for you all to enjoy on the site.

MrFX
12-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Oh, yeah, it's fine. I'm not holding anybody to anything...I know that stuff happens, and I completely understand why you guys aren't giving a date.

I've been tracking this for a while, but don't think I'm being nasty about it or anything. I'm just REALLY looking forward to this.

:razz:

Bahamut
12-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Alright that's cool - sorry if it appeared I was singling your post out, I wasn't trying to. I'm just trying to stop the questions about when it is coming out since they're frustrating to keep hearing ad nauseum.

MrFX
12-19-2011, 04:43 AM
I'd imagine that the questions would be annoying...

I don't want to be ungrateful for something that I'm getting for free.

KyleJCrb
12-19-2011, 12:49 PM
So, about that Mega Man: I hear he's blue and cyan. He also would appear to have a motherfuckin' gun for a hand, but I can neither confirm nor deny this.

pu_freak
12-19-2011, 06:01 PM
So, is this out yet? :P

Brandon Strader
12-19-2011, 07:45 PM
So, about that Mega Man: I hear he's blue and cyan. He also would appear to have a motherfuckin' gun for a hand, but I can neither confirm nor deny this.
Are those rap lyrics or something? o.o

Because "this" didn't rhyme with "hand"

KyleJCrb
12-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Are those rap lyrics or something? o.o

Because "this" didn't rhyme with "hand"

Sounds like someone needs to go watch all of brentalfloss' videos. Right now.

Bahamut
12-21-2011, 12:02 AM
I forgot to mention - kudos to Dominic Ninmark (NitroFlash) for the great artwork for MR. It's just about what any Mega Man fan could hope for I feel and fits greatly with the album :) .

Metal Man
12-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Megaman X now available for iOS, 4.99$ in the AppStore. New graphics too.

Bahamut
12-26-2011, 08:02 AM
I recommend staying away from it - it looks like a terrible port job.

Mirby
12-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Runs slow, and you can buy the weapons with real cash. It's really not that faithful of a port at all.

KyleJCrb
12-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Sounds like you're better off using an SNES emulator and just playing the original.

Level 99
12-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Sounds like you're better off using an SNES emulator and just playing the original.

You're always better "running a SNES port and playing the original". It is very rare that you get the high quality redo job like Maverick Hunter X, so safest bet...always emulate.

Mirby
12-26-2011, 03:29 PM

Here's the thing; the iOS remake isn't a port of the SNES version; it's a port of an older mobile remake that also ran crappily. Yeah, the graphics and stuff were touched up, but the problems were at the core.

Gario
12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
"The purchase can wait, emulate!"

On topic, that game just crucifies Megaman X. The graphics are awful, the backstory is wholly unnecessary, the whole 'shop' aspect... Damn, how could they get MMX so wrong?

Dj Mokram
12-26-2011, 03:46 PM
I recommend staying away from it - it looks like a terrible port job.Just gonna leave this here:

http://kngi.org/djmokram/misc/rokxios1.jpg

"But what about the spirit of Christmas during the holiday season?" you ask. No worries, Capcom got all Rockman fans covered:

http://kngi.org/djmokram/misc/rokxios2.jpg

Yet another lovely demonstration from Capsule Computer on how to successfully rape both a great franchise AND its customers.

Metal Man
12-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Well, I posted the news here when I saw it in the appstore but went check a video afterward. It's horrible, plus it loads another screen every 50 meters.

I got Megaman 2 on iOS tho and it's well done.

MrFX
12-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Just gonna leave this here:

http://kngi.org/djmokram/misc/rokxios1.jpg

"But what about the spirit of Christmas during the holiday season?" you ask. No worries, Capcom got all Rockman fans covered:

http://kngi.org/djmokram/misc/rokxios2.jpg

Yet another lovely demonstration from Capsule Computer on how to successfully rape both a great franchise AND its customers.

Oh man, they can forget THAT stuff.

Metal Man
01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
You should definetly include this cover before the release of the album ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEP7BU3CCck

Swanky
01-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Epic Objection! Well honestly I think it shouldn't. If you need more music until this one is ready (and I hope some judge is tearing through it while I'm typing), you may want to the enjoy the following :) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUKJuFcUxvM

Shake
01-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Expected release date:April 1'st

guess what. All files are the original tracks with fart sounds over the tracks playing

Bahamut
01-10-2012, 07:14 PM
So I've been told that this post will be the 100th page in the thread, so here I am.

The album is slated to come out next month. We're looking at the music being finalized this upcoming Sunday, and then the final prep on OCR's side starts.

Mirby
01-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Nice, nice. I already have a name for the review.

Also, it's only the 25th page on 40 posts-per-page. :P

Torzelan
01-10-2012, 07:22 PM
But that's cheating.

...and very, very tempting. Must do :D

Ragnarock
01-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Can't wait! Love me some Megaman X Mixes!

SuperiorX
01-11-2012, 02:27 AM
A February release? Nice! My birthday is in February, so what could be a better present? :razz:

Xarnax42
01-11-2012, 12:40 PM
what could be a better present? :razz:

How about a physical copy, signed by all remixers involved, hand-delivered by Bahamut, as [artist of your choice] provides a live rendition of your new, personal theme song?

But, yeah. A February release sounds good, too. :)!!

Crulex
01-11-2012, 08:36 PM
The album is slated to come out next month. We're looking at the music being finalized this upcoming Sunday, and then the final prep on OCR's side starts.

Best news I've heard all week. Can't wait. :)

SuperiorX
01-12-2012, 03:24 AM
How about a physical copy, signed by all remixers involved, hand-delivered by Bahamut, as [artist of your choice] provides a live rendition of your new, personal theme song?

Well... when you put it that way... but I suppose I'll be content with just the actual album release :-)

Bahamut
01-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Here's a random treat of a mix I was pointed to earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksJMqyK3tAU

Ragnarock
01-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Here's a random treat of a mix I was pointed to earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksJMqyK3tAU

Oh yeah, I remember this song from... was it X5? I used to got to that level and just stand there, listening to the music.:smile:

Swanky
01-13-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah this is the song for the Sigma stage two. Has some killer solo in it, but also some horrible japano beats (which turns me off this remix, too :/ ).

Dyne
01-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Very glad to hear that the project is coming out next month. Long awaited, I think so.

MrFX
01-16-2012, 07:31 AM
So I've been told that this post will be the 100th page in the thread, so here I am.

*crosses fingers*

Hangman Delta
01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
I really hope that isnt the final logo for the album cover. Don't get me wrong, the artwork is absolutely stunning. Like truly blow you away incredible. But the logo looks like it was thrown together quickly in photoshop with gradients and strokes added solely so there was more stuff going on. It doesnt suit the otherwise excellent cover.

Ragnarock
01-18-2012, 09:38 PM
I really hope that isnt the final logo for the album cover. Don't get me wrong, the artwork is absolutely stunning. Like truly blow you away incredible. But the logo looks like it was thrown together quickly in photoshop with gradients and strokes added solely so there was more stuff going on. It doesnt suit the otherwise excellent cover.

I don't know, I think the whole thing gives off a Full-Metal Alchemist type of vibe. I rather like it!

Bahamut
01-26-2012, 10:53 PM

It is the final logo - you know, I was a bit iffy at first with the logo, but I like it a lot. I think it works pretty well, gives off an edgy, futuristic feel to it that exudes some grit.

This is the next album folks! We have a tentative date we're shooting for next month for release. The assets are in, and the music is finalized, although we may have a late entry :smile: . Get excited!

SuperiorX
01-27-2012, 03:47 AM
It is the final logo - you know, I was a bit iffy at first with the logo, but I like it a lot. I think it works pretty well, gives off an edgy, futuristic feel to it that exudes some grit.

This is the next album folks! We have a tentative date we're shooting for next month for release. The assets are in, and the music is finalized, although we may have a late entry :smile: . Get excited!

Where do you guys even see the album logo? Is it hidden somewhere in this thread and I missed it?

Regardless, knowing this is the next album is awesome news. Can't wait!

Shake
01-30-2012, 03:32 PM
WE'VE BEEN BUSTING THROUGH SIGMAS FORTRESS FOR A MONTH NOW

Should have had statuses like 'At Sigmas front gate'
'Busting through Sigmas fortress'
'Escaping from the burning remains'

etc.

Bahamut
01-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Where do you guys even see the album logo? Is it hidden somewhere in this thread and I missed it?

Check a few pages ago.

TonitoX2
01-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Next month? ohhh yeaaa can't wait for the work out routine. :nicework:

Ragnarock
01-31-2012, 01:19 AM
WE'VE BEEN BUSTING THROUGH SIGMAS FORTRESS FOR A MONTH NOW

Should have had statuses like 'At Sigmas front gate'
'Busting through Sigmas fortress'
'Escaping from the burning remains'

etc.

It's a big fort.:smile:

General Gilliam
02-01-2012, 08:09 AM

Back a few pages:

http://bahamutwc.com/images/MR%20WIP.png

Brandon Strader
02-01-2012, 08:26 AM
The ONLY issue I personally see with the logo is that the white 'outer glow' could either be softened or made more transparent.

Metal Man
02-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Back a few pages:

Isn't supposed to be Megaman ?

Megaman is motherfucking BLUE.
there you go:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8804/bluemofo.png (http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8804/bluemofo.png)

Brandon Strader
02-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Isn't supposed to be Megaman ?

Megaman is motherfucking BLUE.
there you go:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8804/bluemofo.png (http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/8804/bluemofo.png)
This is actually awesome :-o

I vote for the blue one

Metal Man
02-02-2012, 01:11 AM
meh that X wasn't even the right color ;P
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1297/bluemofo2.jpg

Darkflamewolf
02-02-2012, 01:18 AM
My gosh I can't stand it! When is it coming out!?

Metal Man
02-02-2012, 01:36 AM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7889/megalolz.jpg
ok now I'm done with this lol

SuperiorX
02-02-2012, 02:05 AM
The blue one is pretty cool. I like both though!

Bahamut
02-02-2012, 02:09 AM
That blue recoloring looks cool, although I still prefer the original art because the red gives a sinister background to it.

Not a fan of the chibi art though.