PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man X Series: Maverick Rising - History

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Gario
02-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Don't have to use that art, but I find the chibi somewhat enduring, actually. I don't normally like chibi that much, but it fits, for some reason.

Brandon Strader
02-02-2012, 03:27 AM
Chibi art isn't suitable for looking at on the crapper

Dj Mokram
02-02-2012, 05:42 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1297/bluemofo2.jpg
This blue design+logo suit the original character/universe of Rockman X better imho. :nicework:

That blue recoloring looks cool, although I still prefer the original art because the red gives a sinister background to it.
I'm sure the original artist could add flames in the background while keeping the blue X with blue/yellow logo. ;-)
I understand that the album concept calls for carnage on the coverart. But tbh, in the red one X looked like he had turned Maverick himself. ;P

pu_freak
02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6204/maverickrisingblue.png

Bahamut
02-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm sure the original artist could add flames in the background while keeping the blue X with blue/yellow logo. ;-)
I understand that the album concept calls for carnage on the coverart. But tbh, in the red one X looked like he had turned Maverick himself. ;P

Actually if you look carefully, you should see that X is still blue in the original - the hue of red is from the flames. I can see what you mean though, but I think it fits nicely despite that although I guess that's a point people can have legitimately differing opinions on. I think perfect cover art is incredibly difficult and this one nails almost everything.

GizmoKSX
02-02-2012, 08:13 PM
It's a tough call. I like that the red flames are instantly recognizable as flames, as opposed to the blue... mist. I don't like the green tinge on X's helmet on the all-blue ones. pu_freak's latest one brings out X's color scheme (to be really picky, the visor lining his helmet should be a lighter blue), and I do like the gold letter X in the logo. It's a question of whether the blue and red clash too much; the original, red one has simplicity in its favor, although there might still be room to make the X gold. Whichever color scheme wins, I do like the art in general.

pu_freak
02-02-2012, 08:37 PM
(to be really picky, the visor lining his helmet should be a lighter blue)

Done and decreased the hue on the red, so that the contrast between the blue and the red isn't that big anymore. I know you're not going to use it Baha, but still:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7274/maverickrisingblue2.png

Darkflamewolf
02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
I actually like that version the best out of all of them.

Hangman Delta
02-02-2012, 11:39 PM
It is the final logo - you know, I was a bit iffy at first with the logo, but I like it a lot. I think it works pretty well, gives off an edgy, futuristic feel to it that exudes some grit.

Don't get me wrong Bahamut, I think the destroyed look works perfectly. I actually dig the weathered, scratched look of the Megaman X logo. The color scheme looks great too. It gives the feeling of the overwelming threat of the mavericks. It's the particular font chosen for the text "Maverick Rising", the gradient effect on that same particular block of text, and the gradients on the explosion-esque graphic behind the entire logo I don't like. It feels so "amateur photoshop". Like someone dragged the line tool repeatedly in different directions to make shapes and slapped overlays on the whole thing. I just don't feel it suits the amount of effort the rest of the cover seems to project.

General Gilliam
02-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Well, might as well hop on the bandwagon!

Felt a few things could use a little touching up:

http://i.imgur.com/SJQrT.png

pu_freak
02-03-2012, 01:26 AM
This is an art project, isn't it?

General Gilliam
02-03-2012, 04:14 AM
This is an art project, isn't it?

Seems that way.

Metal Man
02-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Can't wait to see the trailer.

zimafreeze
02-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Ah OC Remix.. where not only the music is remixed, but the album art as well!

Shake
02-05-2012, 10:47 PM
It's febuary it's febuary IT'S FEBUARY

MrFX
02-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Ah OC Remix.. where not only the music is remixed, but the album art as well!

Shoot, put them ALL in, I don't care! Just hoping it makes it out this month. Hyped for it.

Ultimate_Slayer
02-08-2012, 05:05 AM
It is the final logo - you know, I was a bit iffy at first with the logo, but I like it a lot. I think it works pretty well, gives off an edgy, futuristic feel to it that exudes some grit.

This is the next album folks! We have a tentative date we're shooting for next month for release. The assets are in, and the music is finalized, although we may have a late entry :smile: . Get excited!

:cry: I've been tracking this for a while, maybe not as long as some of you on this thread but when is it coming out?! I'm growing impatient.:cry:

Mirby
02-08-2012, 05:31 AM
I think later this month, so within 3 weeks.

Your patience will be rewarded soon enough, Ultimate Slayer. Trust me. :3

Shake
02-10-2012, 09:08 PM
:cry: I've been tracking this for a while, maybe not as long as some of you on this thread but when is it coming out?! I'm growing impatient.:cry:

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Mirby
02-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Seriously people, it should be out this month. Your wait shall be rewarded soon enough.

KyleJCrb
02-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the entire existence of this album was a highly elaborate hoax? In fact, I'm almost certain it actually doesn't exist and Bahamut has, like Capcom, just been trolling Mega Man fans.

Brandon Strader
02-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Surely that's not true!

I made a song for it!

I don't make remixes for personal use!

KyleJCrb
02-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Nobody made any songs for it. You're just telling lies as cover!

Swanky
02-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Well that'd be the most anticipated hoax since the internet.

After two (or three) years of waiting, a month more (or another year) shouldn't matter. :)

Shake
02-12-2012, 11:16 AM
You know, I've been thinking

Why not push the date back for three months to allow MORE SONGS on there?

And when those are done, push it back again

This album should be continuously pushed back and become so bloated that the only people around to see it will be people that weren't alive during its conception

KyleJCrb
02-12-2012, 01:38 PM
So, turn this album into OCR's own Duke Nukem Forever of Chinese Democracy? I already tried that (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2937).

Ultimate_Slayer
02-13-2012, 12:16 AM
You know, I've been thinking

Why not push the date back for three months to allow MORE SONGS on there?

And when those are done, push it back again

This album should be continuously pushed back and become so bloated that the only people around to see it will be people that weren't alive during its conception

ಠ_ಠ That will not be happening. If it does might as well remix every single OST...

Level 99
02-13-2012, 03:25 AM
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the entire existence of this album was a highly elaborate hoax? In fact, I'm almost certain it actually doesn't exist and Bahamut has, like Capcom, just been trolling Mega Man fans.

If this were a hoax then I'd ask for the last three months of my life back working getting this ready to roll, please.

Brandon Strader
02-13-2012, 03:38 AM
If this were a hoax then I'd ask for the last three months of my life back working getting this ready to roll, please.
Wish granted. You've got the last 3 months of your life back. They will be added on to the end of your life, thusly you shall live 3 months longer.

P.S. i'm a genie

P.S.2. it was totally a hoax

PS3: still not repaired and returned to me yet.

Bahamut
02-13-2012, 04:06 AM
We are shooting for next week - book it!

KyleJCrb
02-13-2012, 04:09 AM

I almost believe that you've actually been working on this album (which isn't real) at all. Almost.

Shake
02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
we are shooting for next week - book it!

ohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdoh mygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawd

Level 99
02-13-2012, 02:07 PM
ohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdoh mygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawdohmygawd

Don't believe him! It comes out when it comes out! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!

Swanky
02-13-2012, 03:20 PM
The Duke actually went live last year. -.-

Bahamut
02-15-2012, 12:14 AM
We're getting so close to being release ready, I can almost taste it!

SuperiorX
02-15-2012, 12:55 AM
We're getting so close to being release ready, I can almost taste it!

Mmmm sweet tasty album release. Yeah you only got two weeks of February left! I request it come out next Tuesday for my birthday please :wink:

Melbu Frahma
02-15-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm excited for you guys. :-) Can't wait to see - and just as importantly, hear - the final product!

Brandon Strader
02-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Remember last year for a while when albums would come out on like, the 1st? Or the 15th? Now the schedule is all outta wack and stuff is coming out on like... the 22nd? Haha. But seriously, that was a good flow and it worked to get a good number of albums out at the end of the year, and leave a consistent amount of time between each one. I don't see this dropping "tomorrow" but it'd probably be cool to eventually get back on that 1/15 schedule for albums. Just my 2 cents. I could be totally wrong about how things go down. Seems like it'd be ideal for having 15 days of rest between each one though. There weren't too many mixposts since UH came out... 7? And UH is half way down the front page still. :-o

SUPER EXCITED For this album though. It's about time!

orlouge82
02-15-2012, 03:02 AM
Remember last year for a while when albums would come out on like, the 1st? Or the 15th? Now the schedule is all outta wack and stuff is coming out on like... the 22nd? Haha. But seriously, that was a good flow and it worked to get a good number of albums out at the end of the year, and leave a consistent amount of time between each one. I don't see this dropping "tomorrow" but it'd probably be cool to eventually get back on that 1/15 schedule for albums. Just my 2 cents. I could be totally wrong about how things go down. Seems like it'd be ideal for having 15 days of rest between each one though. There weren't too many mixposts since UH came out... 7? And UH is half way down the front page still. :-o

How about if album's are just released as soon as they are ready? I wouldn't want to wait an additional week or whatever just so this album could be released on the 1st of March.

Bahamut
02-15-2012, 04:10 AM

SUPER EXCITED For this album though. It's about time!

We're actually slowing down the release schedule for albums to put less pressure on staff - the past several albums have been stretching some of staff thin so we want to ease it up going forward so everything is still good for them and so we can fit in progress towards the site, their music, and just a general relaxing of the mind in between. For the most part, we want it to be an album a month, although I'm sure there's room for exceptions if needbe. It's also better for the albums since they have prolonged periods of exposure on the front page.

In particular with MR, this is a huge album. Final prep has been going on for a while, partly because there was a file mixup while I was gone and some files got lost or some other random problem or task would come up. We are almost done this time though. I'm so glad that we're able to finally push this out, it has been too long.

Brandon Strader
02-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Haha yeah! Glad it's going good. One per month sounds good. Remember when the front page used to have a "news slider" type thing instead of an album trailer? It's probably been over a year since I've seen that news slider. ;-)

Bahamut
02-15-2012, 04:45 AM
I liked the slider too - I wonder why we went away from it. OCR V6 is in the works anyway, so the site will get an overhaul at some point (hopefully this year?). I'll just say that I love the new site design, it's shaping up really nicely.

Now if only we could get our blogs...

Hyperion5182
02-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Could we change the tagline of this thread to 'screw capcom'? or would that violate the ongoing agreement?

Bahamut
02-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Why would I do that?

Edit: Also a bit of surprise, what I posted wasn't the final version of the artwork. I'll just save the final version for when the album is out though :) . I know I'm a tease!

Rakuko
02-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Wow, took a look at the disc artwork..... its awesome! is there going to be a hard copy release? i'd totally shell some cash out for this just based on the disc art alone.

Bahamut
02-15-2012, 10:52 PM
If we ever do a physical printing, then it will be given away for free, not ever for purchase - we don't do that here due to the legal liabilities and that we prefer to distribute most of the music for free.

Josť the Bronx Rican
02-15-2012, 11:06 PM
If we ever do a physical printing, then it will be given away for free, not ever for purchase - we don't do that here due to the legal liabilities and that we prefer to distribute most of the music for free.

Don't forget to mention that when we do give CDs out, it will usually be at one of our convention appearances, either with a shirt or other merch purchase, or as a prize, limited, of course, to whatever stock is on hand at the time. So if a physical printing does become a reality, be sure to keep an eye on our event calendar. :)

Duo
02-16-2012, 02:27 AM
This is the most excited I've been for an OCR Album release since Voices of the Lifestream. Pretty close in scope and size too. I can't die until I absorb all of this music through my ear holes. Sensually.

BONKERS
02-16-2012, 02:31 AM
I am TEH EXCITED YAY.

NOW I MUST SLEEP.

orlouge82
02-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Damn, the website (http://drewgourley.com/maverickrising/index.php) looks cool.

Now if only the download links were included...

Brandon Strader
02-16-2012, 03:40 AM
Har har yeah, I hope the talented Mr. Gourley has a "secret" version of the site he is adding the download links and such to, otherwise the big release may be awkward if people just nag the songs as they're added, haha.

Hyperion5182
02-16-2012, 03:41 AM
Why would I do that?

Edit: Also a bit of surprise, what I posted wasn't the final version of the artwork. I'll just save the final version for when the album is out though :) . I know I'm a tease!

awesome on the final artwork

To answer the question. Because Capcom has given up on megaman. Its fans havent.

Bahamut
02-16-2012, 07:07 AM
awesome on the final artwork

To answer the question. Because Capcom has given up on megaman. Its fans havent.

I think the Mega Man complaints are a bit ridiculous. And I'm someone who would absolutely love a new MMX game. Capcom will make a new game when it so pleases. Until then I'm not worrying about fantasies and trying to demand they be fulfilled.

Shake
02-16-2012, 08:49 AM
dat album art

also; cancelling megaman legends 3 was totally not cool. It was a slap to the face. It's tarnished Capcoms name for QUITE sometime

Hyperion5182
02-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I think the Mega Man complaints are a bit ridiculous. And I'm someone who would absolutely love a new MMX game. Capcom will make a new game when it so pleases. Until then I'm not worrying about fantasies and trying to demand they be fulfilled.

Some are however these are the ones that aren't and have been the ones people have rallied around

1. MML 3 which had a large amount of fan support got canceled. Despite support beating estimates.

2. Megaman a staple in the MVC series has not been introduced or even considered for a DLC. Yes they added Zero but him and not the blue bomber?

3. The MVC disaster that was shows capcom's inability to put a quallity game together that they basically had to re-release the son of a bitch. And i dont mean just megaman. (Ultimate MVC 3)

4. There hasn't been a main line MM game in a while. It's been off consoles since 2004. Its been off handheld since 2009 with no signs of another being in production despite demand.

5. The recent departure of Keiji Inafune from Capcom suggests that Capcom may have 'buried' the blue bomber.

I hope you're right but their recent actions suggest a far darker future =/

DrewGourley
02-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Damn, the website (http://drewgourley.com/maverickrising/index.php) looks cool.

Now if only the download links were included...

Yeah, I'm fucking around with the type styles quite a bit in that version, STOP LOOKING BEHIND THE CURTAIN! :-)

Ultimate_Slayer
02-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Mega Man X: Corrupted - game take place on a split timeline after X5.
http://youtu.be/Ly7VPgzbS0A

FEATURES
- Play as X and Zero, each one with a different intro and opening stage;
- Open world with non-linear gameplay and multiple paths;
- Story based on cannon events from X1-X5;
- Decisions you make can change the story and lead to different endings;
- 8 new mavericks;
- New enemies and improved AI for older ones;
- New weapons and skills;
- New armors for X and Zero;
- Combine X armor parts to gain special abilities;
- 5 levels of difficulty;
- Level up to gain Skill Points to upgrade weapons and skills;
- Complete achievements to earn extra Skill Points;
- Scoreboards;
- Customizable controls;
- Mini-map that expands as you explore;
- Environment changes after bosses are defeated;
- 6 ride armors;
- Lives, checkpoint and save point systems;
- Several hidden items to collect; (http://youtu.be/Ly7VPgzbS0A)

Source of information: http://www.youtube.com/user/jkbproductions?feature=watch

DrewGourley
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I'm fucking around with the type styles quite a bit in that version, STOP LOOKING BEHIND THE CURTAIN! :-)

Maybe you'll go there now.
Maybe you'll look at the music page.
Maybe you'll use firefox or chrome.

I dunno, maybe.

Mirby
02-16-2012, 03:42 PM
Mega Man X: Corrupted - game take place on a split timeline after X5.
http://youtu.be/Ly7VPgzbS0A

FEATURES
- Play as X and Zero, each one with a different intro and opening stage;
- Open world with non-linear gameplay and multiple paths;
- Story based on cannon events from X1-X5;
- Decisions you make can change the story and lead to different endings;
- 8 new mavericks;
- New enemies and improved AI for older ones;
- New weapons and skills;
- New armors for X and Zero;
- Combine X armor parts to gain special abilities;
- 5 levels of difficulty;
- Level up to gain Skill Points to upgrade weapons and skills;
- Complete achievements to earn extra Skill Points;
- Scoreboards;
- Customizable controls;
- Mini-map that expands as you explore;
- Environment changes after bosses are defeated;
- 6 ride armors;
- Lives, checkpoint and save point systems;
- Several hidden items to collect; (http://youtu.be/Ly7VPgzbS0A)

Source of information: http://www.youtube.com/user/jkbproductions?feature=watch

Yes, we're all familiar with Corrupted. Especially since one of the artists on this album is the composer for that.

@Drew: lol ©21XX OVERCLOCKED REMIX

Level 99
02-16-2012, 04:15 PM

If you make any updates to that at all, you need to get them to me. Incoming PM.

orlouge82
02-16-2012, 04:41 PM

Since when did the number 2 result from a Google search for "Mega Man X Maverick Rising" become "behind the curtain?" You should probably close the curtain if you don't want people looking behind it. ;-)

Bahamut
02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Since when did the number 2 result from a Google search for "Mega Man X Maverick Rising" become "behind the curtain?" You should probably close the curtain if you don't want people looking behind it. ;-)

There was a file on the site that was supposed to prevent the site from being indexed and Google decided not to play by the rules and index it anyway. A bit annoying, but it's all moot since the album is going to come out soon anyway. OCRE found it much earlier, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few other enterprising people did too. I've accepted it though.

DJ SymBiotiX
02-16-2012, 06:42 PM
and what was that file? As far as I know, google ignores all that junk either way, or something..

DrewGourley
02-16-2012, 08:19 PM
robots.txt - existed and was promptly ignored, evidently.

User-agent: * Disallow: /

DrewGourley
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM

Oh, and yeah, totally just kidding. Way back when it got 'leaked' Emunator and I kinda decided hell with it, the more exposure and things that it garnered the better for the album overall. Plus, it's not like it has any active download links to any sensitive information (like the music). We're all cool here.

Mirby
02-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Heads up: I already have the review title for this picked out.

What Am I Writing Forrrrrrrrr?!?!?!?!?!

BONKERS
02-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Heads up: I already have the review title for this picked out.

:cry::cry::cry::<:arrow::nicework:

Brandon Strader
02-17-2012, 04:10 AM
This album is so good, it could end world peace!

Bahamut
02-17-2012, 04:26 AM
But X wants world peace :( .

Brandon Strader
02-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Oh.

BUT THERE'S SO MUCH METAL

Tuberz McGee
02-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Is it bad that I laughed for five minutes over this?
Is it worse that the neighbors though there was a murder occurring?
Find out next time... on Dragon Ball Z.

Josť the Bronx Rican
02-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Is it bad that I laughed for five minutes over this?

I definitely LOL'd.
And thanks to Mirby for the reminder; can't have the trailer without you-know-what in there somewhere.

Brandon Strader
02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
I definitely LOL'd.
And thanks to Mirby for the reminder; can't have the trailer without you-know-what in there somewhere.
What are you typing fooooooor? I wanna see dat trailer :-D

Bahamut
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, it looks like there are a lot of last minute surprises due to some file mishandling - we will be pushing release back into early March unfortunately.

I take responsibility for missing the date we were shooting for here :( .

Hopefully this next time is a charm!

(Releasing now in the year 21XX!)

washudoll
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Heating up Chill Penguin will take longer than expected...
I personally don't mind early March. Better take your time for this Bahamut & co.

Mirby
02-17-2012, 04:58 PM
I definitely LOL'd.

The question is, will it be Lucas Gilbertson saying it or Wayne Doster as in the original game?

Metal Man
02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
heating up the chill penguin was the title of my medley
I included a fade in and out, and changed the title.
No mods to the sound..

I hope this is not what's pushing the date away

Darangen
02-17-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm sure when it comes out it'll be amazing.

Take your time, make sure everything's ready :)

Mirby
02-17-2012, 07:50 PM
heating up the chill penguin was the title of my medley
I included a fade in and out, and changed the title.
No mods to the sound..

I hope this is not what's pushing the date away

idk why you quoted me for this... :P

Metal Man
02-17-2012, 08:00 PM
whoops, hit the wrong button :)

Bahamut
02-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Indeed, I did rip off the old title to your mix for the thread name, but there is a pattern to the bosses I've been listing the past few days - they are in the order you face them in Sigma's fortress.

Mirby
02-17-2012, 10:05 PM
So would Storm Eagle be next?

Shake
02-18-2012, 01:49 AM
siiiiiigh]]and the waiting game continues, I guess

Bahamut
02-18-2012, 04:00 AM
Sorry to disappoint :( . There's a lot of unique issues that have come up with this album that needed to be addressed, and we're working hard to get this done as soon as possible.

KyleJCrb
02-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Told you guys the album wasn't real.

Brandon Strader
02-18-2012, 05:49 AM
This gives me time to actually edit together a music video for my tune using game footage. :-D I've already downloaded the footage. But that's boring. I need to download some video of chameleons in HD. I hope chameleons are exciting enough to carry a music video.

BONKERS
02-18-2012, 06:07 AM
The question is, will it be Lucas Gilbertson saying it or Wayne Doster as in the original game?
It better be beginning of my song if it's in the video! Considering....

General Gilliam
02-18-2012, 07:40 AM
>we will be pushing release back into early March unfortunately.

>pushing release back into early March

>pushing

>release

>back

http://myfacewhen.com/images/200.jpg

Inferno232
02-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Pushing back release

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLeIHL2XgnN-QduRY3r2IC2jbcP3PzKeqJv6XeDs5Qrgn65iKX5w

Just kidding, mostly. I say take as much time as you need. You know, just as long as it doesn't exceed five years.

Brandon Strader
02-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Pushing back release

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2010/11/23/nicolas-cage-losing-his-shi.jpg

General Gilliam
02-18-2012, 10:36 AM
I say take as much time as you need. You know, just as long as it doesn't exceed five years.

Until then, Nick Cage thread.
http://thumped.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=5905&d=1264153254

Brandon Strader
02-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Let the record show that I did not start it.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh4zffN7a21qh6odho1_500.jpg

But I will most-definitely finish it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqbjDbnBWgo).

Might as well make a game out of this. Try to stump me, and I'll guess the movie every snapshot is taken from.

Bahamut
02-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Let's not veer too far offtopic here.

We're going to get the music out to you, you all don't need to worry about it. It'll come, and you'll enjoy it immensely :) . This is my fault and a perfect storm of problems & oversight, so we're working hard to rectify the mistakes made.

KyleJCrb
02-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Delay it until April 1st. That way you can release something that looks like Maverick Rising but is actually 50 covers of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" combined with the Nyan Cat Song.

Callas
02-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Delay it until April 1st. That way you can release something that looks like Maverick Rising but is actually 50 covers of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" combined with the Nyan Cat Song.

I would put that on shuffle+repeat for at least the entire month. Adding some Badger Badger would make it through June.

Arrow
02-19-2012, 02:47 PM
You all should use the extra month to try and get in contact with Johnny Yong Bosch and see if he'll record over the infamous X4 lines; that way all three Zero VA's will have done it, and you can include THAT in the trailer for the album.

You will get super fandom cred.

Metal Man
02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Bosch

I bought a DeWalt jigsaw 2 days ago, but was tempted by Makita and Bosch.

JohnQ4
02-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Let's not veer too far offtopic here.

We're going to get the music out to you, you all don't need to worry about it. It'll come, and you'll enjoy it immensely :) . This is my fault and a perfect storm of problems & oversight, so we're working hard to rectify the mistakes made.

Hey!

Now that I see the album is taking more time to go out, I wanted to ask you if is possible to put my remix (Izzy Glow Stage) into it. I have enhanced the quality of the mix, it has afuller sound now. Don't know if I can put a link here but well, you tell me if there's a possibility.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and answer my request bro.

P.D. Sorry if I'm bothering you.

Shake
02-19-2012, 10:56 PM
This might be something good:

Everyone try to get their tracks in ASAP. If you have some finished, polished shit go go go. If its 'WIP but almost done' then NO NON O CAUSE YOU NEVER FINISH ON TIME.

And make it an X2 or above track.

Bahamut
02-19-2012, 11:17 PM
Hey!

Now that I see the album is taking more time to go out, I wanted to ask you if is possible to put my remix (Izzy Glow Stage) into it. I have enhanced the quality of the mix, it has afuller sound now. Don't know if I can put a link here but well, you tell me if there's a possibility.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read and answer my request bro.

P.D. Sorry if I'm bothering you.

Hey,

I'd have preferred this question be asked of me by PM, but my answer still stands - it's just too late in the process with all the stuff we have to do in the background on the staff-side unfortunately.

MrFX
02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
I look forward to March, then.

orlouge82
02-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Hoping that this is a minor fix so as not to delay the album any further, but I noticed in the Currently in the Judging Process (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2819) thread that WillRock's "Countdown to Infinity" mix is under the "TO BE POSTED" list instead of the "TO BE POSTED - Project Mixes" list. Is it going to be posted when the album is released? I would assume that it wouldn't be posted separately unattached to "Maverick Rising" at a later date.

Bahamut
02-22-2012, 02:36 AM
It'll be posted whenever - it's not one of the flood tracks, although it's pretty great. It was originally a part of the GMRB competition that DarkeSword ran, so you can already grab it for free.

orlouge82
02-22-2012, 05:19 AM
It'll be posted whenever - it's not one of the flood tracks, although it's pretty great. It was originally a part of the GMRB competition that DarkeSword ran, so you can already grab it for free.

Oh, I totally already got it. It is pretty sweet. I wasn't necessarily thinking that it was going to be one of the flood tracks, but I was just thinking that it probably should be linked to the album whenever the track is posted.

WillRock
02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Oh, I totally already got it. It is pretty sweet. I wasn't necessarily thinking that it was going to be one of the flood tracks, but I was just thinking that it probably should be linked to the album whenever the track is posted.

Actually, the OCR version is different to the GMRB and album version... think of it as the equivalent of a "single".

orlouge82
02-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Actually, the OCR version is different to the GMRB and album version... think of it as the equivalent of a "single".

Well, gee, it's been sitting in the TO BE POSTED pile for quite awhile now. I didn't mind because I thought I already had it...but now, I reeeeally wish they would post it!

Bahamut
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Well, gee, it's been sitting in the TO BE POSTED pile for quite awhile now. I didn't mind because I thought I already had it...but now, I reeeeally wish they would post it!

Lots of songs are in that queue - for musicmost part that queue is full of awesome music so I wouldn't even worry about it :) .

Edit: Whoa, what the heck is with that sentence there - I hate cellphones sometimes. But yeah, for the most part I was saying that queue is large and full of awesome stuff.

Mirby
02-28-2012, 11:19 PM
So is there a solid release date yet?

Brandon Strader
02-28-2012, 11:55 PM
If there is, it's an internal one.

I believe the expected phrase here is: "It'll be out when it's out."

I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for working so hard, guys.

Bahamut
02-29-2012, 12:57 AM
If there is, it's an internal one.

I believe the expected phrase here is: "It'll be out when it's out."

I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for working so, hard guys.

Thanks for answering the question!

Metal Man
03-03-2012, 03:12 PM
You know what's cool, we're early March :)

Brandon Strader
03-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Actually early March is less cool than, say, mid-February, if we're talking purely on a temperature basis.

PixelPanic
03-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Actually early March is less cool than, say, mid-February, if we're talking purely on a temperature basis.

*rimshot* He'll be here all night, folks.

Monobrow
03-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Me. Excite. Starting.

Shake
03-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Waiting here patiently

Here's hoping I dont die before it comes out

Swanky
03-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Heaven does not feature the internet? Poor guy.

General Gilliam
03-04-2012, 10:27 PM
inb4 moved to April.

Bahamut
03-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Get ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O2AIzCLodU

Brandon Strader
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Nice trailer. I could see the Gourley influence with the 3D camera :-P

Nonamer
03-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Nice trailer. I could see the Gourley influence with the 3D camera :-P
Huh?

So pumped for this release!

Bahamut
03-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Huh?

So pumped for this release!

You'll see once you go to the project website...which reminds me, everyone visit the project website with Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/) when it does come out!

Magellanic
03-06-2012, 12:09 AM
That was one sweet trailer. Very excited about this release :D

Melbu Frahma
03-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Needs more rock. :-P

Seriously, though, so happy for you guys it's about to be out at last. :nicework:

binki2lk
03-06-2012, 02:19 AM
hey what happen to the website i keep going on mavrick.ocremix.org but the website is not here

Bahamut
03-06-2012, 02:20 AM
It will be there when the album is out silly :razz:

calculusman1084
03-06-2012, 02:40 AM
GYAAHHHHHH!!! Im so excited... Just had to throw that out there.

Shake
03-06-2012, 05:33 AM
I want this so bad

uguuuuuuuuu~

KyleJCrb
03-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Pfft, yeah right. Like this album will EVER come out.

Bahamut
03-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Kyle's alter ego must be Sigma. Who else would tout such vile statements?

Cash
03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Great trailer! Can't wait for this!

Josť the Bronx Rican
03-06-2012, 04:25 PM
kyle's alter ego must be sigma. Who else would tout such vile statements?

eye sea watt ewe did thurrrr

jaxcheese
03-06-2012, 07:03 PM
What? This video is private? And I didn't even get to see it...

Brandon Strader
03-06-2012, 07:15 PM
What? This video is private? And I didn't even get to see it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKKaix_4LY

They reuploaded it due to a crediting issue or something within the video.

:-D

(jk they totally reuploaded it because it had 3 dislikes!)

DrewGourley
03-06-2012, 07:16 PM
You'll see once you go to the project website...which reminds me, everyone visit the project website with Chrome (https://www.google.com/chrome/) when it does come out!

Firefox nightly builds are ALMOST there, and IE 10 is rumored to support it - All the vendor prefixes are in place, but if there's one thing the album's release is going to beat is (SPOILER ALERT) support in browsers.

jaxcheese
03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Wait...so http://drewgourley.com/maverickrising isn't the project website?
Got to see the video now, too. But it already has one dislike? What's wrong with people these days? I suppose some people are angered by the vocals, but personally I don't see them as a problem.

Brandon Strader
03-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Only 1 dislike is pretty tame for youtube, I think the overall response has been stellar

Yami
03-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Damn, I just watched the trailer, I want this now!!

uhhh6677
03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I liked what I heard in the trailer, but of course I knew I would, cuz I mean come on. MMX. OCRemix. Any better combo? No.

This album is gonna be so awesome.

Chernabogue
03-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Nice work to Josť and Drew for their work on the trailer. This one was very, very well done. :nicework:

Metal Man
03-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Very awesome indeed, good job guys!
I'm still excited. :)

Hyperion5182
03-07-2012, 12:08 AM
I hope one of the topic messages is 'hadoken da mutt' xD

One of my favorite moments of X.

Shake
03-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Go to video

''wish they covered X2 a lot more''

YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED BY THE OWNER OF THIS VIDEO

yo momma, then.

Brandon Strader
03-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Go to video

''wish they covered X2 a lot more''

YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED BY THE OWNER OF THIS VIDEO

yo momma, then.
Yeah what's up with that, one of my friends who was actually on the album was blocked from commenting on the trailer?

Late Mistakes
03-07-2012, 09:19 AM
In the trailer there are glitches, if anyone wanted to fix them before it is released in the torrent.

Arrangers 1:30
Performers 2:55

Bahamut
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Fitting a person with the nick 'Last Mistakes' posts that :) .

There are issues, but I don't think we're going to upload another trailer - I could be wrong though. The one on the torrent will be the true final trailer, and supposedly has its issues fixed up.

Josť the Bronx Rican
03-08-2012, 03:08 PM
It's all fixed.
I won't go into details, but it was an extremely quick and slightly sloppy fix that was done at my end when a replacement to the original upload was needed.
I since cleaned up further: everything is now intact, and this file will be available in the torrent upon release.

KyleJCrb
03-08-2012, 05:30 PM
So, will 10 of these tracks be included with the download but be unlistenable for a few months until Capcom decides we can hear them, in which case we'll have to send them $20?

Bahamut
03-08-2012, 05:50 PM
So, will 10 of these tracks be included with the download but be unlistenable for a few months until Capcom decides we can hear them, in which case we'll have to send them $20?

Nah, the album will be for pay, licensed out by Capcom - $100 will get you the Golden Platinum Premium version!

Note: This is not true - the album will be completely free like every other one from OCR thus far!

KyleJCrb
03-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Too bad they'll just release Ultimate Maverick Rising in less than a year with all the DLC included and a full discs' worth of new remixes.

zimafreeze
03-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Too bad they'll just release Ultimate Maverick Rising in less than a year with all the DLC included and a full discs' worth of new remixes.

Followed by Super Ultimate Maverick Rising Turbo: Championship Edition. If you pre-order, you will get a code that turns Mega Man X on the album cover into his alternate costume: Zero.

Bahamut
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Hmm, I'm running out of Mavericks to list on the thread title...

Omni-Psyence
03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
You can always put John McCain up there. But I guess that was a 2006 joke. ;D

PixelPanic
03-08-2012, 09:00 PM

"Owl v. Eagle: A Battle of Storms!"

Brandon Strader
03-08-2012, 09:00 PM
You can always put John McCain up there. But I guess that was a 2006 joke. ;D
I got a laugh out of that one. :-D

PixelPanic
03-08-2012, 09:01 PM
So my schools SAT word of the day was

Maverick - One who rebels or disobeys command.

They know it's coming.

Shake
03-09-2012, 09:47 PM

There's always X2

Or ''Hugging zero passionately after the fight''

Hyperion5182
03-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Hado'kening the mutt.

Shortest boss fight EVER

DrewGourley
03-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Hado'kening the mutt.

Shortest boss fight EVER

I'll have you know that it is a PURE BRED VELGUARDER goddammit.

Hyperion5182
03-10-2012, 06:37 AM
I'll have you know that it is a PURE BRED VELGUARDER goddammit.

Well that doesn't change the fact he can be rather easily one-shotted XD

GizmoKSX
03-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Hado'kening the mutt.

Shortest boss fight EVER
:-D
The Sigma fight is even shorter. You have to wait for the dog to bounce off the wall first; Sigma just rushes right into the Hadouken.

If X2 counts, Shoryukening Agile form 2 doesn't take too long either.

Mirby
03-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I Shoryuken'd Virus Sigma in X2 once; almost dead, used my last sub-tank, and then took him to the ceiling... TO HIS DOOOOOOOOM!!! XD XD XD

Brandon Strader
03-11-2012, 12:12 AM
This album is going to have a TON of DLC

Subz1987
03-11-2012, 06:08 AM
Instead of releasing all the tracks, they should release 20 of them and offer the rest as buyable DLC.

Or, even better, release all the tracks in one package but only have 20 of them available and force everyone to buy a key to listen to the rest of the tracks.

Cody Wedel
03-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Wouldn't that 'technically' be selling the tracks? It'd defy OCR's non-profit policy, anyhow.

Mirby
03-11-2012, 10:15 AM

You'll get one disc of content by downloading standard, and can earn the rest through repeated listens. But there will be an option to buy the other discs in their entirety with no listens as DLC, right?

Brandon Strader
03-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Wouldn't that 'technically' be selling the tracks? It'd defy OCR's non-profit policy, anyhow.
No, they could just toss in an OCR Shirt.

jaxcheese
03-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Wait, you only get the first disc for free? I haven't heard about any of this.
How do they know how many times I've listened to it? Are they following me?

DarkeSword
03-11-2012, 05:27 PM

It's a joke.

KyleJCrb
03-11-2012, 06:42 PM
No joke. This album will extort money faster than Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

Dj Mokram
03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
This album will extort money faster than Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.
Don't you mean Megaman X for iOS? ;P

Actually, something in the vein of the Concrete man EP, with tracks from the X serie that weren't covered on MR, would be pretty cool.
Cause gems like Command Mission really deserve some love as well, and X2 could always do with some more coverage.

For now, halc and Protricity each remixed my fav tracks from X6 and X2, so I'm really excited about that. :)

jaxcheese
03-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Man, you people need to be more obvious with your sarcasm.

Mirby
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I would think that the fact that OCR gives all its music away for free would be enough to indicate that we're being sarcastic. :P

General Gilliam
03-12-2012, 02:08 AM
we will be pushing release back into early March unfortunately.

So, we are approaching mid-March. WHERE IS MY ALBUM, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I NEED IT NOW!

Bahamut
03-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Man, you people need to be more obvious with your sarcasm.

If you tried to quote my post, you would've saw that I put a disclaimer in that post in white text :razz: .

So, we are approaching mid-March. WHERE IS MY ALBUM, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I NEED IT NOW!

Soon my friend :) . The trailer has been released, so you can continue being excited!

Swanky
03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Hopefully this will stop me playing the Mass Effect trilogy.

Mirby
03-12-2012, 12:24 PM
They're gonna release it on Thursday, the Ides of March, the anniversary of Serious Monkey Business's release.

Seriously, it's all because Bahamut's involved; all his albums must release on the same day or somethin. :P

though that does say something, the fact that from the OP to now it's only been 2 years and change. pretty fast work! :D

KyleJCrb
03-12-2012, 03:16 PM
How cute that you're all still under the belief that this album is real.

Ultimate_Slayer
03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
How cute that you're all still under the belief that this album is real.

Like some people still believe that Capcom will someday release more Mega Man X games.

The cake is a lie sheeple

Brandon Strader
03-12-2012, 04:17 PM
http://data.whicdn.com/images/17565477/i-need-dis3_large.jpg

Bahamut
03-12-2012, 04:19 PM
You just made me hungry Brandon :(

agentgerbil
03-12-2012, 05:08 PM
any day now, i'm in dire need of an eargasm 8-O

Bahamut
03-12-2012, 09:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/ocremix?sk=app_10339498918

FenixDown
03-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Exactly. Where are we gonna find almost 3,000 people?
The 100,000 Strong for Megaman Legends 3 Facebook page? Not that they have 100,000 people, but this does seem like the sort of thing they would want to support.

Either way, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this album. Whenever that may be.

Metal Man
03-13-2012, 04:20 AM
How long to get 3000 people ?

Brandon Strader
03-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Brandon Strader - String Chamellotron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsuamhDUjts

I am sorry, I uploaded this a little early because I was expecting the album to drop today, later found out about the Sigma thing... didn't announce the song on facebook or anything until I found out from this post from Baha that he had discovered it on the Youtubes. (subscribed maybe? that's cool :D) Sadly I fear the people only care about my youtube for the skyrim remixes and this won't help in any way gain additional likes for the facebook. :tomatoface: hehe

But I hope y'all like the video

Melbu Frahma
03-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Except that it'll probably delay the next albums. (bold added)

This is, honestly, my only real reservation with it - the fear it'll cause the list of projects TBP to get backed-up, this project included. Not a huge deal, it just makes me sad that all the projects will likely be that much further away in the future.

On the other hand, I suppose this'll give an opportunity to post more stand-alone remixes. :-P Might help the backlog there.

Anyway. It's OCR's and the project's choice, in the end. And seeing as how I LIKEd OCR on Facebook long ago, have communicated with those I know who enjoy Megaman music as to the nature of the drive, and have a 6-page article over state budget cuts regarding education and the blind due at 8 in the morning, will leave it at that. Hopefully OCR gets to its goal soon and we can all hear the great music you've assembled!

Metal Man
03-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Does this testify that this is THE BIGGEST release for OCR ? (to this date)
In terms of number of tracks, musicians and in lenght, I think it's the biggest am I right?

BONKERS
03-13-2012, 08:49 AM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ROFLMAO-Mao.jpg

washudoll
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Already at 24.540 likes. :)

Bahamut
03-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Does this testify that this is THE BIGGEST release for OCR ? (to this date)
In terms of number of tracks, musicians and in lenght, I think it's the biggest am I right?

I believe so, although I'm not sure about length. I want to say yes though - the album clocks in at a touch more than 6 hours. The only albums that might compare are Wild ARMS and Summoning of Spirits. In terms of number of tracks, it is the largest by 4 tracks. It also features 49 artists.

Crulex
03-13-2012, 05:49 PM
And with mine, we have almost 2,300 likes left to go. Let's kick some Sigmass.

uhhh6677
03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Ok, we're at 25,155 (!) Man this page just exploded over the past day or so. Hopefully it keeps this pattern. About 1,845 left!!! TELL EVERYONE AND ANYONE!! woooo

General Gilliam
03-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Already at 24.540 likes. :)

Ok, we're at 24,155 (!) Man this page just exploded over the past day or so. Hopefully it keeps this pattern. About 1,845 left!!! TELL EVERYONE AND ANYONE!! woooo

5:41 AM - 24,540 Likes
3:08 PM - 24,155 Likes

http://marrettcounseling.com/images/anger%202.jpg

uhhh6677
03-13-2012, 09:40 PM
5:41 AM - 24,540 Likes
3:08 PM - 24,155 Likes

http://marrettcounseling.com/images/anger%202.jpg
Lol fixed my typo from 24 to 25 LOLOL

jaxcheese
03-13-2012, 10:34 PM
You'd think by now someone would have created a program that creates dozens of Facebook accounts, logs in to all of them, and automatically likes the Maverick Rising page while continually refreshing a zoomed-in view of the likes counter on the screen. That's how serious the fan community is.

DrewGourley
03-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Somebody want to pony up the cash for this? http://www.buyrealfans.com/

P.S. I AM JOKING DON'T DO THIS

Brandon Strader
03-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Somebody want to pony up the cash for this? http://www.buyrealfans.com/

P.S. I AM JOKING DON'T DO THIS
$100 to release the album?

http://okayface.com/okay-face.jpg

Bahamut
03-14-2012, 12:48 AM
We're currently sitting at 25560 likes!

It's looking pretty good so far, could we perhaps release it by tomorrow night? Let's get it happening, we already got almost 1300 likes in the past 26 hours, what's another 1440? Let's go!

Swanky
03-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Less than 1000 now... seems like an overnight push.

Chandler
03-14-2012, 05:06 PM
this is gonna take forever >:(

Metal Man
03-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Tonight is the night.

DrewGourley
03-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Tonight is the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WWy0c9fyLs

Indeed.

Bahamut
03-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Could be earlier! Keep it up guys, love the effort from the community so far. At this rate, we could be releasing in hours!

If you haven't noticed, there's a new mixpost :) : http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02400/

Brandon Strader
03-14-2012, 06:15 PM
If you haven't purchased, there's some new pre-release DLC :) : http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02400/

:-D hehe.. DLC jokes!

Yaay for the progress being almost done!

Knightofthecolossus
03-14-2012, 07:06 PM
2:06 EST - 26,855

Won't be long now! :D

Bahamut
03-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Prepare...!

Brandon Strader
03-14-2012, 07:24 PM
This.... Thread... Is.....

HISTORY!

Liontamer