Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)
- About Vaylos
- I started working with computer-based music and midi back in the late 90's when I got my first midi-capable keyboard; a Yamaha PSR-520 portable keyboard. I was using Cakewalk Home-Studio 8, and later, version 9. I got my head around the concepts of what midi actually does, and how it works as well as its limitations. I was primarily using the software for writing sheet music at the time, however I did use automation for dynamics in the music for crescendos, pitch, etc. I was also using modplug tracker to change some of my midi-based music into mp3 format at the time using various samples. Some of my really old stuff can still be found somewhere on the modplug tracker site. I don't remember what handle I used, but I do remember I was highly intrested in video game related music and traditional celtic music at the time. (To this day, I still have a soft spot for good traditional Irish music)
Around 2001, I started getting into working more with soundfonts/samples and Fruityloops 3.4(before it became FL Studio) I'm a little late to the VST/i game, having started getting into plug-ins around late 2003. Through the following years, I focused on building up my gear, learning more about music production, and practicing different techniques and concepts to produce my own tracks. I've been mixing my own works for the last eight years as well as critiquing other folks mixes. I'm always getting better the more I work with various techniques. Even today, I'm still learning new tricks, but any profession is a continual learning process.
I work with a varied repertoire, including classical, celtic, electronica/techno/etc., rock, soundtrack, even blues and the occasional jazz. I have also worked as an asset for a friend's team who was finishing up a college senior project in game design. I'm always willing to help other musicians out and critique their mixes, based on what I hear, and what I've learned and/or experienced myself.
I am also a long
- Wynnewood, PA
- Real Name
- James W. Pennington
- IT, audio engineering
- Facebook ID
- Last.fm Username
- Artist Settings
Settings for artists - collaboration status, what tools you use, what instruments you play, etc.
- Collaboration Status
- 2. Maybe; Depends on Circumstances
- Sequencer/DAW Skills
- Composition & Production Skills
- Arrangement & Orchestration, Mixing & Mastering, Synthesis & Sound Design
- Instrumental & Vocal Skills (List)
- "Whatever you do, make good art." ~ Neil Gaiman