OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Projects (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BadAss: Boss Themes, Volume 1 - History (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22663)

pu_freak 04-01-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42 (Post 524260)
2. The concept of "Vs."
Why limit each track to a single boss theme, why not meld or mix two (or more) together?
e.g. Who would win in a fight: M.Bison or Ganondorf?
What if Dr. Wily and Dr. Robotinik teamed up to make the ultimate robot of destruction?

Nobody says it's not allowed. If you can mix these themes together in good way, you're free to do so I think

The Pezman 04-01-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pu_freak (Post 524730)
Nobody says it's not allowed. If you can mix these themes together in good way, you're free to do so I think

These two sound similar to begin with. Perhaps...?

The Joker 04-02-2009 10:55 AM

You could do a mashup, but I'd still say it should be focused on one theme over the other. More a cameo appearance than anything.

Rozovian 04-02-2009 10:58 AM

Interesting how many are eager to point out boss music that should be remixed but so few actually join the project and want to remix anything.

The Derrit 04-02-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozovian (Post 525066)
Interesting how many are eager to point out boss music that should be remixed but so few actually join the project and want to remix anything.

plenty of people have memories of boss music. plenty of people don't have musical experience.

its a pretty simple concept

The Pezman 04-02-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pezman (Post 524263)
I really want to remix on this project, but I have to graduate college first (May 17).

10charmyass

Triad Orion 04-02-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Derrit (Post 525070)
plenty of people have memories of boss music. plenty of people don't have musical experience.

its a pretty simple concept

This. Just this. I love video game music, but I don't know the first thing *about* music, let alone composition and execution. Short of actually taking a class or being taught by someone else, I don't think all the online tutorials in the world would help me out here. It's why I've not attempted to mix anything at all. XD

But for the overarching project, I think this is a really good plans. And might I say that I'm especially looking forward to seeing what Joker does with Gruntilda's theme from the Banjo series? That was one of my very favorite villain leitmotifs out there.

The Coop 04-02-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

I'd love to join up, but I already know I won't be able to meet the desired standards for this project.

The Joker 04-03-2009 06:47 AM

Also, evktalo had been brought on to give some feedback on the wips board, once we have some wips. So, yeah, awesome! Also, I'm contacting various people, get the ball rolling, get some more songs.

evktalo 04-03-2009 07:19 AM

Yeah, so get those wips in!

The Coop, would you be interested in doing a coop with someone polishing up the production side? I listened to your posted ReMixes and your arrangements seem solid enough (actually, your PS4 ReMix is quite fantastic, I really appreciate the restraint in it).

I might also whip up a wip.. I'm concerned about my ability to produce something worthy too, so you're not alone. :D

--Eino