OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Community (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29814)

Sengin 06-17-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahamut (Post 688793)
Final Fantasy 6?

Final Fantasy VI's music was amazing, but I wouldn't classify it in the same orchestral sense as stuff from say, Super Mario Galaxy. It sounds extremely different, as FFVI's music wanted to stand out (there's lot of melodies, etc) and Galaxy's seemed to want to stay in the background only so you aren't hearing only sound effects. At least that's the way it seems to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 688798)
Are you kidding?? I can't get those Galaxy songs out of my head!

Those are all from Galaxy 2, which I haven't gotten the chance to play yet (and do sound better than Galaxy 1).

Overflow 06-17-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sengin (Post 688813)
Those are all from Galaxy 2, which I haven't gotten the chance to play yet (and do sound better than Galaxy 1).

Actually, the second 4 are from galaxy 1. They use them in Galaxy 2, but they don't change them at all. They play during some of the secret levels.

ambinate 06-17-2010 06:21 PM

man, i couldn't disagree more with all of that stuff about orchestral music in games. both galaxy games, i think, are some of the best examples of music in video games, orchestral or not. most of the music is centered on really distinct melodies, so i find it a little weird to hear someone say that the games are lacking in that department. i can sort of see where you're coming from if you were talking about games like the elder scrolls series, but even still i'd disagree with you.

as for zelda, i'm kinda skeptical right now. it has a nice visual style and looks like it'll be a solid game, but i really wasn't blown away by anything i saw in the trailer or demo. it seems like they added more thorough motion control to the twilight princess formula and that's about it, which is a little disappointing, at least for me. i was sort of hoping they'd figure out a way to create a more dramatic revision of the 3d zelda formula, the way they did with the galaxy series. i love the zelda series, but we've essentially been playing variations on the same game since 1998, while other nintendo franchises have seen much more substantial overhauls in the same timeframe.

Caster13 06-17-2010 06:48 PM

I found Link's movements to be a little awkward looking, especially when he has the sword out. Watching the E3 video where Miyamoto is demonstrating the game, there's a few scenes where Link runs around with the sword held upwards in the air, stiff as a pole.

Schwaltzvald 06-17-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamantium Dude (Post 688820)
i was sort of hoping they'd figure out a way to create a more dramatic revision of the 3d zelda formula

Sometimes dramatics can easily overwhelm the developers into doing rash things thus essentially becoming a distraction; an enjoyable one perhaps but a distraction nonetheless.

DarkeSword 06-17-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caster13 (Post 688832)
I found Link's movements to be a little awkward looking, especially when he has the sword out. Watching the E3 video where Miyamoto is demonstrating the game, there's a few scenes where Link runs around with the sword held upwards in the air, stiff as a pole.

They actually were experiencing technical difficulties during Miyamoto's demo. The bright lights on stage were messing with the sensors on the wiimotes and causing input hiccups.

If you read any hands-on impressions at the game news website of your choice, people who have tried it out say that the controls are very responsive and aren't prone to those weird input issues we saw during the demo.

OA 06-17-2010 08:13 PM

art style looks sick - I admit I have yet to finish a 3d Zelda; usually getting bored about 2/3 through, but I always have a fun time playing them.

I'll probably be picking this up. :D

Kinslayer 06-18-2010 01:39 AM

I like the fact that Link will actually have a shooting sword in a 3D game...

Moseph 06-18-2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
(off-color joke about title goes here)

that it's on the wii makes it even better

Velocifero 06-18-2010 04:15 AM

Looks interesting. I'll probably get it as I do every other Zelda game. Of course, I'll need a Wii. Maybe the new black one..