OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Community (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29814)

Jonnas 03-03-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modus (Post 758463)
Why is it a Zelda tradition to make the Water Temple mind-bendingly difficult?

I will probably use that glitch, by the way.

The Water Temple in MQ is way more bearable than its Normal counterpart. I remember at least that much.
Also, you can't get the Hover Boots before you beat the Water Temple. You literally can't take that route.

I can only think of three Zelda games where the Water Temple is that difficult: OoT (normal), MM and Oracle of Ages.
...We should have more of those :razz:

Overflow 03-03-2011 06:05 PM

I've always wanted to play Master Quest, but missed out on the GameCube disk... Hopefully they'll include it in OoT 3D or in the 25th anniversary.

JCvgluvr 03-03-2011 07:05 PM

You know, I find it odd how little hype I have for Zelda: SS. Perhaps it's a combination of the graphics, motion control fear, and seemingly TP-like gameplay that's putting me off. But, like I just told my friend, I'll always have high expectations for any upcoming console Zelda game. They've earned my trust, by now.

Modus 03-03-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 758479)
I've always wanted to play Master Quest, but missed out on the GameCube disk... Hopefully they'll include it in OoT 3D or in the 25th anniversary.

OK, really there's no shame in emulating Master Quest since it's no longer in production. Plus that way you can use high-res textures and play in widescreen.

If you're still for whatever reason against it, there's plenty of copies on eBay for a reasonable price, usually around $30.

Abadoss 03-04-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCvgluvr (Post 758493)
You know, I find it odd how little hype I have for Zelda: SS. Perhaps it's a combination of the graphics, motion control fear, and seemingly TP-like gameplay that's putting me off. But, like I just told my friend, I'll always have high expectations for any upcoming console Zelda game. They've earned my trust, by now.

I don't understand the TP hate. It's my favorite, at least.

Toadofsky 03-04-2011 02:35 AM

I wasn't really impressed with the trailer. Then again I've been disappointed with most of the games nintendo has been putting out lately.

Other than New Super Mario Bros and Kirby's Epic Yarn, of course.

Neblix 03-04-2011 02:47 AM

I don't understand why everyone says the Water Temple is difficult. 0_o

It was pretty easy for me, got through it in a few hours, I had more trouble with the forest temple than I did with the water.

Scufo 03-04-2011 02:56 AM

The only dungeon I remember having trouble on as a kid is Jabu Jabu's Belly.

Bleck 03-04-2011 02:59 AM

the water temple is never difficult it's just really irritating

Abadoss 03-04-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scufo (Post 758600)
The only dungeon I remember having trouble on as a kid is Jabu Jabu's Belly.

QFE... I always have a slight cringe in my mind whenever I get to that level. Plus, I never seem to remember the right way to beat it and have to screw around a lot in order to find it again. Master Quest didn't make that any easier, either...