OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Community (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   3DS: Friend Codes on First Page, OMG THE THIRD DIMENSION (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33117)

Toadofsky 03-05-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollgagh (Post 846494)
is there actually anything new in Snake Eater

cos I mean I played the original and Subsistence close to 15 times

I'm not sure, considering this is my FIRST REAL play through of the game. From what I hear, this probably just the game.

I hear the HD collection has LOTS of content. May buy it for my brother in law.

Malaki-LEGEND.sys 03-05-2012 09:52 PM

From what I understand, outside of the GAME CHANGING ability to walk and shoot while crouching(which is GAME CHANGING), you can use the 3DS camera to take pictures and then use color palettes and patterns from said pictures to create new camo with its own index.

I predict a lot of phallic camouflage coming from this feature.

Gollgagh 03-05-2012 11:53 PM

forgive me for failing to see how crouching and gunning would assist a no-kill, no-alert run

Malaki-LEGEND.sys 03-06-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollgagh (Post 846519)
forgive me for failing to see how crouching and gunning would assist a no-kill, no-alert run

...OK fine in that scenario it probably wouldn't, although I guess if you're going for that type of playthrough, you're already at that Zen state where you've pretty much got the entire game mastered. Moving(and shooting) while crouching, aiming in third person, as well as having complete control of the camera(like Subsistence) just helps things move a bit faster. Also slightly easier to move around without being spotted. All and all it's just more welcoming than previous editions.

The graphics in the 3DS version have also been redone as well; more detailed textures, better lighting, etc. It isn't just an upscaled version like in the MGS Collection. This of course does leave a footprint on the framerate though, as even the final release build(demo was an old e3 build) has a bit of a problem in that department.

Being able to take pictures of whatever and have it function as camo with a functional index probably isn't going to redefine how you play, but it's a fun and goofy application of the 3DS camera.

Plus, the only other option for playing MGS3 on the go is to spend around $400 on a Vita(because who's seriously not going to grab a 32 gig memory stick with their Vita?).

Mirby 03-08-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Soon -- Ketzal's Corridors, an aztec themed action/puzzler.
March 8 -- Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! & Punch-Out!! ft. Mr. Dream
March 15 -- Game Gear Day, with Dragon Crystal, Shinobi and Sonic the Hedgehog - Triple Trouble
March 22 -- Zombie Slayer Diox, kill zombies with the rhythm skills of a samurai guitarist.
March/April -- Arc Style Soccer!! 3D
April -- Colors! 3D
April 19 -- Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure (Demo)
found a list of upcoming eShop content, thought i'd post it here.

Malaki-LEGEND.sys 03-11-2012 03:30 PM

Using your own camo shorts to create awesome camo in-game doesn't count as cheating, does it?

Also my dog's face. :P

ocre 03-13-2012 11:36 PM

Oh, very cool.

3 FREE Kid Icarus Uprising AR Idol cards for Club Nintendo members(and there's no reason not to be; it's free). :3 Get 'em while they last.

Also they have another page detailing other free cards they're giving away.

Malaki-LEGEND.sys 03-14-2012 12:24 AM

I grabbed the Club Nintendo cards because why not free stuff, and I'll be grabbing the game once it releases. I hope the multiplayer is fun enough for us to get plenty of matches in maybe.

Sixto 03-14-2012 12:24 AM

just got my 3ds. my code thing is 1762-3553-3100

Toadofsky 03-14-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki-LEGEND.sys (Post 846502)
From what I understand, outside of the GAME CHANGING ability to walk and shoot while crouching(which is GAME CHANGING), you can use the 3DS camera to take pictures and then use color palettes and patterns from said pictures to create new camo with its own index.

Princess Peach camo from a picture on Super Mario 3D Land. Oh how useful it was in the cliffs section. Funny too.