OverClocked ReMix Forums

OverClocked ReMix Forums (http://ocremix.org/forums/index.php)
-   Community (http://ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MAGFest X! PMD Time :( (http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35976)

Brushfire 01-11-2012 08:29 PM

We had several girls that leeched booze off of my drunken hotel roommates. More power to em to, cause I told them that was the girls were doing, and my mates didnt listen.

THEY DIDNT LISTEN!

Ramaniscence 01-11-2012 09:05 PM

I spent about $75 on alcohol, and I can thankfully say I drank about 80% of it myself.

Secret to success?
  1. Don't be on the OCR block
  2. Hide the alcohol even though no one's around

#1 investment for MAGFest XI? Flask.

Solution #2:
Could probably mix it all in a hotel trash bin (clean it first, obviously) and funnel it back into hawiian punch bottles in the bathtub. Now you'd spent a handful of dollars and create 3+ gals of booze. Give that to everyone else, and keep the good stuff hidden for yourself.

Source: Too many fricken house parties.

LuketheXjesse 01-11-2012 09:09 PM

Next year I'm going to bring a ton of Blue Moon to MAGfest.

Also thanks to not spending much at MAGfest at all, I already have enough money set aside for next year. Awesome.

Brandon Strader 01-11-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramaniscence (Post 834708)

Dude, I thought ahead and was going to buy a flask when I bought my alcohol, but by the time I got to the store they were closed. Then I didn't end up having anything of the sort for MAG. :cry: You know years ago I actually saw the classiest flask and shot cups at Wal-Mart, totally unexpected place to see something like that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monobrow
Yeah. Ari and I got pretty used to the booze leeching.

It's like when you run into your therapist in public, and you're like "Oh hey, so I wanted to talk about--" and they're like "Dude, we're not on the clock right now.. please leave me alone." That is to say when you're good at something and do it professionally, people come to expect it in a way.. So you're like a pro bartender.. I do regret not tossing you some bucks though, I had some singles I think, I'm not sure.

Velocifero 01-11-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramaniscence (Post 834708)

Good idea in theory, if you use it when no one's looking and don't go overboard with it. From my younger experience, shit usually gets out of hand with a flask haha. Especially at a bar.

Benjamin Briggs 01-11-2012 11:14 PM

maybe it's just because I'm 21+, but I was walking around with open beers and cups full of rum every single night

nobody ever said a thing to me about it :3

Brandon Strader 01-11-2012 11:17 PM

They seriously need to get something more effective than a carnival bracelet next year. I pretty much rip it off as soon as I get it so I can shower the next morning. Then the cleaning lady throws it away. Not the best idea. I see people on the last day who still have theirs on and I'm like egad man, didn't you shower?

Benjamin Briggs 01-11-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon Strader (Post 834729)
They seriously need to get something more effective than a carnival bracelet next year. I pretty much rip it off as soon as I get it so I can shower the next morning. Then the cleaning lady throws it away. Not the best idea. I see people on the last day who still have theirs on and I'm like egad man, didn't you shower?

I never shower

fact.

Dhsu 01-12-2012 12:50 AM

Thing's waterproof, bro.

Brandon Strader 01-12-2012 01:09 AM

They should get plastic bracelets... no way is a paper one waterproof, it'd get soap stuck in it.. haha.