Street Fighter: The World Warrior Remix Royale
Prepare for the battle, prepare for the war. Prepare for the real Street Fighter blood war.
Welcome one and all, to OC ReMix's first ever Street Fighter remixing tournament,the World Warrior Remix Royale! World Warriors from across the globe will come together to duke it out for musical supremacy, with GUITARDOUKENS, SYNTHRYUKENS, and TATSUMAKISENPUUTIMBALELICKS! Get ready, remixers! It all depends on your skill! Triumph or die!
Congratulations to Ghetto Lee Lewis in his victory!
Shoryuken Bracket Round 3
Hadouken Bracket Round 3
Shoryuken Bracket Round 2
Hadouken Bracket Round 2
Shoryuken Bracket Round 1
Hadouken Bracket Round 1
All entries must be sent to me (DarkeSword) via PM on the forums. Because these tracks will be provided to Capcom for their promotional stuff, please send your entries to me in either FLAC or WAV format.
Do not send MP3s. Do not send MP3s. Do not send MP3s.
File names must be in the following format:
Remixer - Title (Your Street Fighter vs. Opponent's Street Fighter).flac
DarkeSword - The Longshoreman and the Princess (Sean vs. Karin).flac
Please note that versus is abbreviated with a period (e.g. Sean vs. Karin, not Sean vs Karin). Your artist name and mix title can be whatever capitalization you want but the Street Fighter names must be capitalized properly (e.g. Chun-Li, not chun li).
Properly formatted file names make it much easier for me to tag everything properly, which ensures good, consistent metadata on all the files that will be distributed to voters. If you can, strip all ID3 tags from your file before you send it to me, because I redo all the tags anyway.
You must adhere to this file name standard. If you don't, I will seriously consider disqualifying you, and I don't think anyone wants to be disqualified just because they couldn't name their file properly. In past competitions I got really cryptic file names like gmrb2wip.mp3 and frost.mp3, and that kind of crap is unacceptable. I like running these competitions, so please don't make the grunt work a pain in the neck for me.
Which of these remixers will prove the old axiom today?
How does it work?
You, the remixer, choose any Street Fighter that has his or her own character theme from any of the following games:
Choose wisely, because this will be your Street Fighter throughout the entire tournament. Once all competitors choose their Street Fighters, they'll be matched up with an opponent.
When the round begins, remixers will have one week to write a "VS. Remix;" that is to say, a remix featuring the themes of their own Street Fighter and their opponent's.
When the round ends, a public voting period of one week will be conducted for each battle. Voters should consider production, enjoyability, and how well the piece incorporates both themes.
Like the Grand Robot Master Remix Battle, this tournament will be single-elimination, with two brackets competing on alternating weeks to make things manageable. There will be a Hadouken Bracket and a Shoryuken Bracket.
Sounds awesome, where do I sign up?
Alright, so here's the deal guys. In the past, these remix tournaments have been open to everyone, but this time around, Capcom is going to be involved in pimping out the music as well as including the best music from this tournament as a part of some free promotional material Capcom is planning for Street Fighter's 25th anniversary. In order to ensure a baseline level of quality across the board, I'm going to be limiting participation in this tournament to posted and to-be-posted OC ReMixers only. I'm sorry if that means you don't get to participate, but there will be other competitions in the future which won't have this restriction.
The above information is outdated and incorrect. Please disregard any statements relating to Capcom using the music from this competition in any official capacity.
Alright well, I'm a posted/to-be-posted OC ReMixer, do I just pick a character? Is it first-come-first-served?
I'll be doing a draft again for character selection. If you're planning on participating, please post a list of five Street Fighter character themes you're interested in claiming, in the order of preference. Once everyone posts their lists, I'll go through and assign everyone their first-pick, resolving any conflicts with a coin-toss and moving down the lists as necessary. You will only be assigned one Street Fighter for the competition. Remember, themes that are basically the same song (e.g. Ryu's theme from SFII and from SFIV) can't be listed separately in your draft picks.
I want to do a character's theme from one game, but that same character has another theme in another game; are you going to allow multiple themes for a single character?
When posting your picks, choose the character you want to compete as, and specify which theme of that character you want to use. For example, I can pick Ryu from 3rd Strike, and throughout the competition, I'd be using "Kobu," which is Ryu's Theme from that game. At the same time, you can pick Ryu from Street Fighter II, and use his theme from that game, and it's possible that we may get matched up in the competition and have to combine our themes in a versus mix!
To be more concise/simple: you pick a character and one theme for that character. As long as the theme chosen is different, multiple people can pick the same character.
What about characters that have the same theme song, like Yun and Yang, or Sean and Oro?
Characters with the same themes will be treated as the same character during the draft, so we can have Yun or Yang, but not both.
When does it start?
The draft/recruitment period will last one week, so spread the world. I'm locking this in at 16 participants, so get in early and post your draft picks. Mixing will start very soon after.
I'm not a remixer but I want to take part somehow. What can I do to help?
We need sigs and artwork and stuff, so if you're good with the Photoshops, that'd be a big help.
What about Mega Man X/Legends/Battle Network/Zero/ZX?
This isn't a Mega Man tournament guys, pay attention. :P
What about Grand Maverick Remix Battle?!
Capcom came to us and wanted to do a Street Fighter thing, so GMRB is being pushed off until a later date. In the meantime, enjoy Maverick Rising, which hits soon!
WILY RESULTS :whatevaa:
Sorry sorry... workin on it... ._.
Street Fighter II characters
• Blanka - Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Chun-Li - Street Fighter II / Alpha 1 / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3 • 3rd Strike
• Dhalsim - Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• E. Honda - Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Guile - Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Ken - Street Fighter II / Alpha 1 / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Ryu - Street Fighter II / Alpha 1 / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV / Alpha 3 • 3rd Strike
• Zangief - Street Fighter II / Alpha 2 / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Balrog (Boxer) - Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Vega (Claw) - Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Sagat - Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3 • Street Fighter I
• M. Bison (Dictator) - Street Fighter II / Alpha 1 / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Cammy - Super Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Dee Jay - Super Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Super Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Fei Long - Super Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• T. Hawk - Super Street Fighter II / HD Remix / Super Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Akuma - Super Street Fighter II Turbo / Alpha 1 / HD Remix / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3 • 3rd Strike
Street Fighter III characters
• Alex - 3rd Strike
• Dudley - 3rd Strike / Super Street Fighter IV
• Elena - 3rd Strike
• Gill - 3rd Strike
• Ibuki - 3rd Strike / Super Street Fighter IV
• Necro - 3rd Strike
• Oro - 3rd Strike
• Sean - 3rd Strike
• Yang - 3rd Strike / Super Street Fighter IV
• Yun - 3rd Strike / Super Street Fighter IV
• Hugo - 3rd Strike
• Urien - 3rd Strike
• Makoto - 3rd Strike / Super Street Fighter IV
• Q - 3rd Strike
• Remy - 3rd Strike
• Twelve - 3rd Strike
Street Fighter IV characters
• Abel - Street Fighter IV
• C. Viper - Street Fighter IV
• El Fuerte - Street Fighter IV
• Gouken - Street Fighter IV
• Rufus - Street Fighter IV
• Seth - Street Fighter IV
• Hakan - Super Street Fighter IV
• Juri - Super Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter Alpha characters
• Adon - Alpha 1 / Super Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3 • Street Fighter I
• Birdie - Alpha 1 • Alpha 3 • Street Fighter I
• Charlie - Alpha 1 / Alpha 3
• Dan - Alpha 1 / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Guy - Alpha 1 / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Rose - Alpha 1 / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Sodom - Alpha 1 • Alpha 3
• Evil Ryu - Alpha 3
• Gen - Alpha 3 / Street Fighter IV • Street Fighter I
• Rolento - Alpha 2 • Alpha 3
• Sakura - Alpha 2 / Street Fighter IV • Alpha 3
• Shin Akuma - Alpha 3
• Cody - Alpha 3 • Street Fighter IV
• Juli - Alpha 3
• Juni - Alpha 3
• Karin - Alpha 3
• R. Mika - Alpha 3
Street Fighter I characters
• Eagle - Street Fighter I
• Geki - Street Fighter I
• Joe - Street Fighter I
• Lee - Street Fighter I
• Mike - Street Fighter I
• Retsu - Street Fighter I
I'll go with the five most beautiful ladies in the series for my
TEAM HOT CHICK
for my 5
C. Viper 4
Cammy 2 super
You're starting another compo darke? :P
I won't be participating, the WCRG took up too much of my increasingly busy time so i'll be sitting this one out. However, good luck to everyone who enters, i'll be keeping my eye on this.
Evil Ryu (Alpha 3)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.