Mazedude's Opus: American Pixels

Mazedude

forum_banner_large.jpg

Good day, friends. As some of you may know, I have officially begun work on the official sequel to my 2006 American Album. The album tite: AMERICAN PIXELS.

Once again, I am creating a tribute solely to American game composers, although this time I'm getting it professionally done: properly mastered, live instruments, legal licensing, and... I'm getting a CD made. Yep, selling this puppy, getting it on iTunes, all that jazz. After releasing over 100 free remixes (50+ on OCR), I hope you won't begrudge me an album that I'd like to profit a little bit from. :)

This time around I'm also honoring a great many American composers and games who didn't make the cut the first time; just a few examples include:

Jake Kaufman - Shantae

Garry Schyman - Bioshock, Dante's Inferno (per his request)

Clint Bajakian - Outlaws

Chris Tilton and Michael Giacchino - Black

Jared Emerson-Johnson - Sam and Max

Gerard K. Marino - DC Universe (per his request)

Cris Velasco - Clive Barker's Jericho

... and more. I've also received requests for Christopher Tin's "Baba Yetu" from Civilization, Danny Baranowsky's Super Meat Boy, and others... (yes, there's a request form on the front page of the website). It's shaping up to be pretty awesome.

So, stay tuned; I'm currently taking pre-orders on http://www.americanpixels.com (the more I get, the faster I can finish this... hint hint), I'm plugging away at the music over the next several months, and I'll do my best to keep everyone informed. I also invite you to join the newsletter on the site so you can be the first to see the making-of videos and all that goodness.

And, if you pre-order now, you can enjoy a 4-track bonus EP (not available anywhere else) of American chiptune remixes by yours truly!

star-spangled-chips-cover-thumb.png

Ok, enough talking from me. Back to the music. Got an 11th Hour remix calling my name here. :)

- Mazedude