Old 04-29-2003, 07:21 AM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR00977 - Final Fantasy VI 'Kefka Goes Carnival'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:06 AM
Red Mage (+400)

Send a message via ICQ to GreatLeo
Great take on da famous Kefka theme definately one I shall remember for a long time. This one kinda brings an image of him actually running his own carnival with circus freaks (him included) and magic tricks.
Crazy yet very creative job you've done here Noppz
Old 04-29-2003, 12:55 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

NoppZ holds true to his title in my mind: still one of the greatest of the 'new generation' of remixers.

I love this shit! SO Creative. Its a definate pick-me-up from my tired state, this is fun as hell. I was doing some whacked out dance the first time I listened- I won't do it again because it will scare everyone.

I think the reverb is a little cheap sounding (muddy), but other than that i wouldn't change a thing. Well, maybe some yelling and handclaps.

Noppz, keep kicking ass please.

Dale
dale@oneupstudios.com
Old 04-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Ari Asulin, Relics of the Chozo Project Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

That section at 2:05 sounds totally off key to me. Maybe its just me, but as usual it stuck out like a sore thumb.

Nice and uppity, but far too repetitive for my tastes.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Little Mac (+900)

Aw darn, I was expecting creepy circus music :P Why would Kefka have a happy/upbeat/lighthearted mix? Why would he go to a carnival, unless it's an EVIL carnival (dr. evil voice)? Oh well, still fun
Old 04-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Chrono (+800)

Send a message via AIM to wethamster
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW i love this. we need more latino style here at OCR, this jumpy beat makes me wanna dance, even though i cant dance.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Goomba (+100)

Send a message via AIM to Pander
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Al~
Aw darn, I was expecting creepy circus music :P Why would Kefka have a happy/upbeat/lighthearted mix? Why would he go to a carnival, unless it's an EVIL carnival (dr. evil voice)? Oh well, still fun
Well, I think he was aiming more for the celebratory carnival, like the kind you see in South American countries and some European countries, rather than the American Circusy kinda carnival. Works well, reminds me of McVaffe's Cutman Sonata, much faster paced than most FF6 remixes. Fits the theme perfectly, though. Nothing seems too oustanding, but everything works well, like the horns and steel drums. I love the solo around 2:30, it really works well to top off the piece.

Well done. This baby's going in my 4 star folder :P
Old 04-29-2003, 05:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to CirrusStrife Send a message via MSN to CirrusStrife Send a message via Yahoo to CirrusStrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pander

Well, I think he was aiming more for the celebratory carnival, like the kind you see in South American countries and some European countries, rather than the American Circusy kinda carnival. Works well, reminds me of McVaffe's Cutman Sonata, much faster paced than most FF6 remixes. Fits the theme perfectly, though. Nothing seems too oustanding, but everything works well, like the horns and steel drums. I love the solo around 2:30, it really works well to top off the piece.

Well done. This baby's going in my 4 star folder :P
Indeed. I feel Carnival is referred to in the same manner as you, specifically bringing to my mind the festival and season of Carnival, which ends with Mardi Gras. This is definitely, if not Zydeco, then close enough to make me remember the fun times I had in New Orleans these past few years.

Cirrus Out
Old 04-29-2003, 06:14 PM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

Whoa, I missed this at first for some reason . Another Kefka remix NoppZ? You must love this theme :P.

Anyway, I find this interesting, I wasn't sure what the title meant by carnival at first, until I started listening to it. Well done, I like this quite a bit, although as Protricity does mention, it is kinda repetitive. Not unexpected of a techno-type of piece, but still, I kinda wished for a little more variety.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Heh.. it's funny someone mentioned steel drums, because I was listening to this and thought, "wow, this would really kick ass with some good steel drums", because to me it sounds more like a soft piano with a lot of reverb or something, whereas steel drums have a distinctively different sound.

For me this really brings the track down.. not because it's bad (in fact, I like it a lot and made sure to save myself a copy) but because in my mind it came that close to perfect and missed the mark.