Old 04-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Andrew S.
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Whoa...did you see that? (Pokemon Snap Opening Remix)

This is an arrangement I'm currently working on for Pokemon Snap's opening theme (A Mysterious Sighting). You can find the original song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss5Zmz5H3NQ

I am working on a sort of story based thing where some voices of the main character will be added on as he tries to take a picture of Mew (those who've played this game, kudos if you know what I'm talking about ). Anyhow, looking for any tips/criticism/praises, just tell me what you think so far about this draft.

Here's the link: http://soundcloud.com/imazi643/whoa-...u-see-that-1st
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Bad Dude (+500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I think the buildup is just a TAD too long - I get what you were going for mind you, but I feel like you can shorten it a few bars. And the harp sounds a tad too synthetic - that aside, keep it up.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Andrew S.
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukunetsu View Post
I think the buildup is just a TAD too long - I get what you were going for mind you, but I feel like you can shorten it a few bars. And the harp sounds a tad too synthetic - that aside, keep it up.
I did a bit of changing, and shortened the intro a bit, and changed the harp.

http://soundcloud.com/imazi643/whoa-...u-see-that-2nd
Old 04-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Evan
Little Mac (+900)

Something more unique on OCR. And it's from Pokemon Snap. I'm looking forward to this.

It took way too long for the intruments to kick in. Either cut the intro significantly or introduce more instruments earlier. I would stick with the latter option.

As for the instruments, they're mostly fine, but I want to wait for the final mix before commenting further.

Also, it's easy to tell the bird sounds were from a looping pre-made sample, since I heard the same chirp at least five times. Their has to be a million other bird sounds out there, so search for more unique samples to add to what you already have (or you could record it yourself). Lower the prominence of the nature sounds as the instruments kick in, since they tend to overtake the instruments.

MeteoXavier <4:25> - And I'm always like, "Shut up, whitey, thats wiggity-wiggity-wiggity-wack"
Old 04-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Andrew S.
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonamer View Post
Something more unique on OCR. And it's from Pokemon Snap. I'm looking forward to this.
Thanks! I hope you enjoy the final product.

Quote:
It took way too long for the intruments to kick in. Either cut the intro significantly or introduce more instruments earlier. I would stick with the latter option.
I'm currently working on this, and I agree with your standpoint.

Quote:
Also, it's easy to tell the bird sounds were from a looping pre-made sample, since I heard the same chirp at least five times. Their has to be a million other bird sounds out there, so search for more unique samples to add to what you already have (or you could record it yourself). Lower the prominence of the nature sounds as the instruments kick in, since they tend to overtake the instruments.
Hmm...I will work on this. But for now, I'm just working on notation and overall development of the arrangement, so this is on my low priority,
Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Colin McIsaac
Octorok (+200)

I have no idea why you included thunder and a howl... Ditch them. That's where the instruments should kick in as the mix picks up.