OCR Radio (streaming OC ReMixes 24/7)

LiquidRain

Interesting.... gonna have to get used to this!

We should talk at some point about how to popularize with links from OCR.

I'm not expecting anything more than what's already there, but I frequent the IRC channel these days so you can find me there if need be.

All the old Ormgas admins, myself included, didn't have any time or driving interest in maintaining the stream. LiquidRain approached me in IRC with an offer to host, and, even though about 10 other Ormgasians made similar offers, LiquidRain had the right ratio of followthrough-ability to asshole-etry.

ravon, w-ber, and I discussed it briefly in admin forums, and then ravon ignored the whole thread and stealthily handed it to Liquid behind our backs, the sneaky devil.

ravon, w-ber, and I discussed it briefly in admin forums, and then ravon ignored the whole thread and stealthily handed it to Liquid behind our backs, the sneaky devil.

Hahah. That's awesome. That might explain a few things, but yeah. :)

Are we still gonna call it ORMGAS? I mean...respecting the history is fine, but can't we just start calling it OCR Radio? :(

Ahh, so YOU'RE the one who started that idea. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I don't have another e-mail then a hotmail. and I can't use it. cause it silently deletes the rainwave e-mails? O_o

Have you tried setting it so that you receive those emails? They could be ending up in your junk mail folder.

Rainwave tells me upon signup i cannot use it. Why is that?

Hotmail rejects our emails at the server level. I've tried, and tried, and tried to get them to not reject our emails, but it never gets through. I send the email, their servers says "OK it's delivered" and it never shows up in anyone's inbox, bulk mail, or spam mail. It makes users furious that they can never sign up, so instead of dealing with people popping in the Rainwave chat all the time, I simply banned it telling them to use a different mail service.

It's frustrating. Believe me, I wouldn't ban it if I could get it to work. It's not my intention to stop people from signing up for my site.

Can you not sign up for gmail? It works, and it's free. If you don't want to, I don't ban Mailinator, which doesn't even require a signup to receive email.

This is great news; I'm so sad, though, because I can't get Rainwave to work at... work :P Because of our firewall. Now that I have to pay for last.fm seems like I will just have to bring all my mp3's up to work :/

I probably should make it the default, but try http://rainwave.cc:8080 . If you can open that web page, you can edit the URL of the m3u you download from Rainwave to use port 8080. Some people find this gets around their work firewall. (note that this doesn't work for OCR, since they're hosted on different relays)

• 1 month later...

Just picked up on this switch-over, thuroughly enjoying it, as sad as I am to see Ormgas go. LOVE the choice of remixes or VGM, love the people in the chat and I love the voting! Great interface, great music, great job! So glad Ormgas has such a spiffy new home! Keep up the good work all!