Official OC ReMix YouTube group created

djpretzel

About the YouTube Channel.... err, group?

For one thing, I'm a YouTube Nube. I've got one video up there, it's a shredding video, but I'm planning on putting more up as soon as I figure out what to record, musically. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY68Ju2rkHU is my video, and no it is not a plug - this is actually the first time I've posted the link somewhere.

But anyway, I just joined the group. I think OCR videos could really be cool if they are the way I'm thinking of. It would be cool if people did a "making of" video for their mixes. OF course it wouldn't work for people who just sit there and click, click until their 'song' is done, but for those using instruments and singing, it could be cool. Making Of.

Or even live performances... people playing their song on the piano or whatever. Sounds cool to me, hey. Looking forward to what this group brings, as long as people don't flood it with non-OCR related videos, it should be pretty sweet.

hay i just filmed a 'performance' of TheIncredibleSingingRobot. hopefully it will be on the OCR group soon:

people who just sit there and click, click until their 'song' is done, but for those using instruments and singing, it could be cool.

many remixers would take that as an insulting characterization of their creative process.. you might want to clarify.

what you're asking for would be kinda cool though, i was thinking of doing something similar. like a cross between a 'making of' and a tutorial.

cheers.

hay i just filmed a 'performance' of TheIncredibleSingingRobot. hopefully it will be on the OCR group soon:

many remixers would take that as an insulting characterization of their creative process.. you might want to clarify.

what you're asking for would be kinda cool though, i was thinking of doing something similar. like a cross between a 'making of' and a tutorial.

cheers.

Hahah dude, that was incredible! You were sitting there with a tube in your mouth, 'n' stuff. Playing your melody on the synthesizer, eh? What is your equipment you used for this?

I think live performances are good - if you've making a mix, you could record yourself doing a guitar solo, or a keyboard part.... Tutorials could also be good, but for what? Hey, if you made a tutorial on how to get your setup to do the robot stuff, I'd watch it...

2nd post in 3 years. :)

the equipment was listed in the video info, but the rundown is quick anyway: Moog Phatty synth, Rocktron Banshee talkbox, Ableton Live backing tracks.

Tutorials could also be good, but for what? Hey, if you made a tutorial on how to get your setup to do the robot stuff, I'd watch it...

i like to share setups and techniques in the Remixing forum, so, i suppose it would just be an extension of that. just an idea i've been toying with -- probably not material specific enough for the OCR YouTube.

cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cheers.

kinda cool but the enunciation is horrible. i was thinking about picking up a dx-100 and the banshee to bust out some whitetastic roger&zapp funk :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello again everyone! I had an interesting idea for a new OCRemix youtube video someone could make, if they desired. (I would like to make this myself but I don't have the right equipment to do it) Hre's my vision for it...

Song: Sonic & Knuckles rAAw Battery OC Remix by Jivemaster

Video name suggestion: S&K Battery Zone: Fully charged and highly caffeinated

Video: It starts out with no music and Sonic or Knuckles are just beating the boss before the level Flying Battery Zone. The boss leaves, they look up and see the overhead ship in the sky, and (possibly) the shot has been edited so the name of the song and/or video is printed on the side of the ship as it passes by.

The character then enters the level and the song begins. At first the video is just different shots of the 2 levels from Flying Battery Zone, but soon it starts to get completely insane (just how I like it). There are different shots of other Sonic games/cartoons/etc. with crazy things happening. I thought it would be cool to have shots of characters in machine levels, and maybe some neat clips from Sonic X or other cartoons. Scenes could be edited to fit the music so they are sped up, slowed down, played backwards, turned upside-down, or the colors are inverted. (I also thought it would be funny to have some characters from Sonic X, like Eggman, move their mouths to match the words "It's a battery!" in the song)

Specific scene ideas: In the Battery Zone, Sonic is getting thrown up and down by those large swinging balls. In Sonic Adventure, Metal Harbor, Sonic is bouncing across the flying robots. Super Sonic is shown in many games pulverizing the enemies.

Thank you for your consideration. I would love to see this happen. Sorry I didn't read any of the following posts made here.

• 10 months later...

Bringing this thread from way back for two reasons:

1. A couple messages at the group (it's been slow going lately) asking about submitting videos for consideration, and I wasn't certain of the bast way to do that.

2. This thread here is one way, because now we have a great addition:

Just finished up a "music video" of sorts of this track, featuring clips of me and Tweek playing parts on guitar and keyboard, Mario Kart shortcuts, and FL Studio playthrough footage.

By chance I found the post at VGFrequency, which was updated with no word on the forums (the link at the thread goes to ormgas now [?!?]), then had to dig into Reviews. Just thought I'd try to make it a bit more visible. They beat me to the punch: I wanted to be first with a "music video of sorts."

• 8 months later...