OCR Mascot Bios - 20 more up for grabs!

Dafydd

• 1 month later...

I hate it when this happens. I reloaded the page and now it works.

THANK YOU!!!

EDIT: I noticed watkinzez isn't listed as an editor in the main article. Hum. Was he or do I just think he was because of how many writeups he did? Anyway, I hope we get feedback if there are new games to be added to the appearances lists as more games are being added to the site's database. An announcement might also be nice (or maybe it's more fun letting people discover the new feature on their own :D ).

Edited by Dafydd

Added a forum title for you, David. GLORY!

Also, I went through myself and manually added mascot pics into each of the entries, and also changed the companies in the "Created by" sections to the OCR organization links, or MobyGames/Wikipedia where applicable. My fault for not asking you guys to handle either before.

I'll see what to do with djp about an announcement.

(I) changed the companies in the "Created by" sections to the OCR organization links

Yeah, I was gonna bring that up. I for one appreciate said links changed to intrasite company pages, like how they (and ReMixed games) are linked in the Interview articles.

I'm glad the repeat mascots sharing one bio all show up on their respective pages. By that extension, if it's not too much trouble, could we have the Darkstalker mascots appear on the Darkstalkers Category page?

Personally, I think it's fair game if djp noted the clickability feature in a writeup. We can keep this thread open for bio readers to point out mistakes/broken links for us to fix, or general feedback.

I noticed watkinzez isn't listed as an editor in the main article. Hum. Was he or do I just think he was because of how many writeups he did?

You, Linearity, and I are the editors. Remember all the nitpicking we went through in getting them polished for the site? LT then graced us three with our haloed Wiki accounts because of his trust in us. :salute:

Also, congrats on your new EMBLAZONED title. :-)

Added a forum title for you, David. GLORY!

Also, I went through myself and manually added mascot pics into each of the entries, and also changed the companies in the "Created by" sections to the OCR organization links, or MobyGames/Wikipedia where applicable. My fault for not asking you guys to handle either before.

I'll see what to do with djp about an announcement.

Wow, thanks man, for the title and all the other stuff you did. We didn't know how to handle the pics because you said DJP was going to code it so that there wouldn't be a pic in the actual bio, but when a mascot was clicked it would stay the same when the wiki page loaded. Something about the impact on bandwidth it would have to load two mascot images at the same time...eeeh. Anyway, thanks a lot for fixing it for us, and the other stuff.

You, Linearity, and I are the editors. Remember all the nitpicking we went through in getting them polished for the site? LT then graced us three with our haloed Wiki accounts because of his trust in us. :salute:

Also, congrats on your new EMBLAZONED title.

I remember, I just don't remember watkinzez not being part of all that. Congrats to you too. *high fives*

I think my Toejam and Earl bio could do with some editing, still. I read it and didn't really like it very much. I'll try to do something about it soon...

Edited by Dafydd

We didn't know how to handle the pics because you said DJP was going to code it so that there wouldn't be a pic in the actual bio, but when a mascot was clicked it would stay the same when the wiki page loaded. Something about the impact on bandwidth it would have to load two mascot images at the same time...eeeh.

Nah, too tough. Ultimately, we can bear the bandwidth, and the mascot changing up top made djp click through them en masse to randomly read the bios, so I see other fans doing the same. Thus it's not a bug, it's a feature. :-)

I assume a Street Fighter IV ReMix is set to be posted soon, cuz I saw the title added to several appearance lists. What system are we going with, Arcade ('08) or PlayStation 3 ('09)? I see a lot of the former, but if that's the case, then Dan, Sakura, Cammy, Gen, and Rose cannot have it in their appearance lists. Suppose we get a Soul Calibur II mix and it's listed under PS2. Heihachi would have it linked in his list, but not Link, who appears in the GameCube port. Just as ReMixes can only be categorized under one system, we strive to do the same to titles for every appearance list they're in.

Also, is it just my end, or is there a lot of tall, unused space between the Darkstalkers and the "What Is" text on the DS Category page?

I think my Toejam and Earl bio could do with some editing, still. I read it and didn't really like it very much. I'll try to do something about it soon...

Really? I think it's one of the more comprehensive and fun bios to read (the first paragraph draws me right in). But I understand how you feel. The same thought strikes me sometimes when I read some of my own bios.

I assume a Street Fighter IV ReMix is set to be posted soon, cuz I saw the title added to several appearance lists. What system are we going with, Arcade ('08) or PlayStation 3 ('09)? I see a lot of the former, but if that's the case, then Dan, Sakura, Cammy, Gen, and Rose cannot have it in their appearance lists. Suppose we get a Soul Calibur II mix and it's listed under PS2. Heihachi would have it linked in his list, but not Link, who appears in the GameCube port. Just as ReMixes can only be categorized under one system, we strive to do the same to titles for every appearance list they're in.

The console exclusive characters were listed under the console release, which was in 2009. The PS3 & 360 releases were the same day, so I picked PS3. The other characters in SF4 were already part of 2008's arcade release. And there's no SF4 mix planned; it's just an important recent game appearance to note.

Also, is it just my end, or is there a lot of tall, unused space between the Darkstalkers and the "What Is" text on the DS Category page?

That doesn't happen in Chrome, but djp's already aware of the issue and will be working to fix that; that's an issue with all category pages, not just Darkstalkers.