A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV Online

I'm glad this game is shaping up to be much better. I was looking forward to it forever and then everybody said it was the worst game ever. I was kind of heart-broken. I'm probably going to get it when it comes to PS3. I hope the fans all come back to it and everybody loves Square-Enix again. Hahaha.

Im going to give it another shot when it lands for the PS3

Amazon's date for the ps3 version still says 2-28-2011. They have a $10 credit with preorder. Is it still coming out for ps3 even? I'm looking forward to eventually playing it, I was a big fan of XI back in the day. Maybe I'll be out of school by the time it finally does come out, ha!

Amazon's date for the ps3 version still says 2-28-2011. They have a $10 credit with preorder. Is it still coming out for ps3 even? I'm looking forward to eventually playing it, I was a big fan of XI back in the day. Maybe I'll be out of school by the time it finally does come out, ha!

According to the new Producer, Yoshi P, it'll come... when it's ready. So maybe.

The new patch and some of the stuff coming down the pipeline is slowly turning this game into XI-2. lol.

• 1 month later...

Now while I have no room to comment on how the game was when it launched, I am really digging this game. That is saying a lot since I haven't liked a main series FF since 9. They fixed so many of the problems I had with 11. There is now a mini map. Quest actually mean something. Grinding is a viable and doable option. The only thing that irks me is the auction house and targeting at times.

Now while I have no room to comment on how the game was when it launched, I am really digging this game. That is saying a lot since I haven't liked a main series FF since 9. They fixed so many of the problems I had with 11. There is now a mini map. Quest actually mean something. Grinding is a viable and doable option. The only thing that irks me is the auction house and targeting at times.

for targeting switch to type 2 or 3 in the options. instead of having a 'select all' you will have a select 'friends' 'group' and 'foe' and quickly switch from those. Also bind the target attacking mob to a proper key it helps.

I'm curious, is Archer auto-attack still melee? @.@

I actually kinda liked the original no-auto-attack model since it meant ranged jobs were able to regularly use ranged attacks rather than meleeing with the occasional shot. It also meant that melee jobs couldn't just afk half the time while mages have to keep a constant eye on everything in parties :P

To me, it makes very little sense that they introduced Archer auto-attack as melee, especially given the fact that they made such a point out of effective ranges and the "sweet spot" for Archer. Now I assume all parties will expect them to be within melee range at all time for maximum DPS D: (unless they've fixed it and given Archer a ranged auto-attack)

I wasn't expecting the game to be a Brushfire joint... And yeah, archer still has auto-attack, but it's really only for when you're soloing and can't get away from the damned mob, same with the mage classes. While partying you're naturally going to be trying to be at that distance sweet spot. It's not like allofasudden the game wants you to rush in and punch shit up close.

Anyway, so patch 1.19 is going to be hitting either late this week(my guess is the 22nd) or some time next week(unless it's delayed), and it looks to be quite the monster patch from these notes. Naturally it can be argued that there's probably a lot of stuff that should have been in there from the get go, but no use crying over spilled milk! If anyone is interested in further details on many of the planned additions, just hit up The FFXIV Lodestone to read up on stuff like the new materia system, beastmen strongholds, etc. Don't forget to check out the forums as well as the producer/devs/community team are always posting info on new topics.

I wasn't expecting the game to be a Brushfire joint... And yeah, archer still has auto-attack, but it's really only for when you're soloing and can't get away from the damned mob, same with the mage classes. While partying you're naturally going to be trying to be at that distance sweet spot. It's not like allofasudden the game wants you to rush in and punch shit up close.

Anyway, so patch 1.19 is going to be hitting either late this week(my guess is the 22nd) or some time next week(unless it's delayed), and it looks to be quite the monster patch from these notes. Naturally it can be argued that there's probably a lot of stuff that should have been in there from the get go, but no use crying over spilled milk! If anyone is interested in further details on many of the planned additions, just hit up The FFXIV Lodestone to read up on stuff like the new materia system, beastmen strongholds, etc. Don't forget to check out the forums as well as the producer/devs/community team are always posting info on new topics.

Believe me, I am just as blown away that I am enjoying this game as you are.

New patch looks pretty good, save for the abolition of physical levels. I liked the idea of having a leg up when switching to new jobs

Ahh cannot unsee!

Must not... ever... go back to FF online gamez... maintain healthy lifestyle....

Believe me, I am just as blown away that I am enjoying this game as you are.

New patch looks pretty good, save for the abolition of physical levels. I liked the idea of having a leg up when switching to new jobs

I agree about the physical level, but apparently it was a real bitch to balance(which makes me worry about the future of the armory and job systems), which is one of the reasons every stat that wasn't VIT or MND meant little to jackshit. They're still not giving up on the player being able to allocate their own stats, as that'll apparently be in by 1.20, and your stat choices will actually mean something for once.

I haven't really played much since trying out Toto-Rak about a month or so ago, and while that was fun as hell, it wasn't enough to make me stick with it, especially since there are still plenty of changes on the way. I think I'll be playing around with 1.19 for awhile, but until jobs are finally introduced I doubt I'll be on full.

I agree about the physical level, but apparently it was a real bitch to balance(which makes me worry about the future of the armory and job systems), which is one of the reasons every stat that wasn't VIT or MND meant little to jackshit. They're still not giving up on the player being able to allocate their own stats, as that'll apparently be in by 1.20, and your stat choices will actually mean something for once.

I haven't really played much since trying out Toto-Rak about a month or so ago, and while that was fun as hell, it wasn't enough to make me stick with it, especially since there are still plenty of changes on the way. I think I'll be playing around with 1.19 for awhile, but until jobs are finally introduced I doubt I'll be on full.

You just gotta play with us when 1.19 hits. We just made a shitload of chalk to make money!

physical level is a bitch if you want to switch from DoW to DoM and vice versa.

Nobody plays magic classes.

Biggest problem with the new patch after the whole level thing, is the gear level restriction. It is nearly impossible to find reasonably priced gear from the Market Wards for lower level stuff.

"Hello, I have this piece of gear that is perfect for Rank 13's!"

"Great, how much?"

"999,999,999 gil..."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHg3bD-d4JmRvRJrneA01CQDo74oCzvFTITDw7lo-lvP3Y7jXvpnr82vNE

Nobody plays magic classes.

you should try, easier to grind.

Biggest problem with the new patch after the whole level thing, is the gear level restriction. It is nearly impossible to find reasonably priced gear from the Market Wards for lower level stuff.

I agree there, the main problem is leveling up is too fast so people don't buy low level gear for a few hour. climbing to level 10 then 20 is fast, so better grabs level 20 range gear.

"Hello, I have this piece of gear that is perfect for Rank 13's!"

"Great, how much?"

"999,999,999 gil..."

that price isi not a selling price, it's a storage price, due to inventory limitation people put stuff in bazaar space at 999,999,999 gils to keep them for later.

Hmm, with all the changes, maybe it's time I consider trying to get back into FFXIV. I played it through Alpha and on release and kinda enjoyed it. The only thing I absolutely hated about it back then was that other than grinding, there was absolutely nothing to do.

I spent most of the time grinding crafting classes since grinding Disciples of War and Magic were reaaaaally slow through the 20ies back then in my experience, even with leves.

Well it's free to play "indefinitely" and that they'll start charging when they feel the game is "up to quality standards", but the general mindset is that once the PS3 version hits, they'll start charging the usual monthly. I'm pretty much OK with that being that by the time PS3 launch hits, the game is going to be ballin'.