Old 12-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Wes M., Double the Trouble! Director
Luigi (+2000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

To be honest, this was kind of hit or miss for me. Certain parts felt like they flowed VERY well and gave the piece direction and emotion, but the intro didn't do it for me and there were several other sections that similarly clashed with my tastes. I'm in no position to give technical criticism on Shnab's work because his piano-playing prowess is so far above my own, but honestly this didn't do it for me as much as his other mixes.

Fantastic playing, though - that's pretty much a given but even though the arrangement didn't click with me I still found a lot of enjoyment in admiring the fact that it was improvised completely on the spot! You're a talented mofo, don't ever stop doing this kind of stuff Sam!

· OCR Staff · Judge· Double the Trouble Director · ARMed and DANGerous Co-Assistant Director · Zelda: Ocarina of Time Project Co-Director
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Abobo (+600)

Admittedly I'm not too familiar with the source, but I still like this. It has a very warm, homestyle feel to it. Not a overly sugary, cinnamon & spice "Welcome Home" feel, but more of a "Mac and Cheese" comfort food feel to it. It has all the things I like about a piano piece: it showcases the theme nicely and has a wonderfully playful sound scape. Definitely a fun track.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Samuel Chepulis

Wonderful little song! I've had it on my ipod for forever it seems like and can't get enough of it - Interesting to know that it's imporv from a very talented artist! Very nice piano remix.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:53 AM
Bad Dude (+500)

Just what I needed today. Nowhere near the dense, dark entangled epics that Shnabubula is famous for, this is actually pretty light, fluffy and chipper. It is of course imbued with the improvised jazz sensibilities that I love, but I really appreciate the change in tone and mood. I find its a lot harder to convey upbeat or light material and also make it complex, so I see this as a rare and remarkable achievement.
My favourite thing about Shnab mixes is that he always makes it sound so easy and this one, while not technically or conceptually his strongest effort, is definitely his easiest to listen to. Brilliant.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Tanooki Mario (+1500)

Oh yes! I love solo piano pieces so much. Not familiar with the source, but from what I hear, the playing was done well here. Great arrangement, better production than some piano pieces I've heard before and a nice touch of happy, quirky jabs. I agree with the Peanuts vibe in some areas. Sweet stuff.

Tags
piano, solo