ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 12-27-2011, 02:11 PM
David W. Lloyd, Administrator
Ganon (+8000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

OCR02360 - DuckTales 'Ebbed Tides and Webbed Feet'

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

djpretzel / www.ocremix.org / www.djpretzel.com / anime mixes
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Beverley Wooff, Project Chaos Asst. Director
Mother Brain (+4000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Doc Nano strikes again! My jaw dropped at his performance ability when I saw his debut on "Dancing Leaves", so I'm all set to see it happen again.

So indeed the intro does indeed carry a similar moode to Godofsky's arrangement of "The Swan", while being able to use the intro's rhythm patterns into good effect. And even when the melody came in, there's been enough recognisability for the source while still meaning for going into interpretation of the source. The "Wind Scene" cameos at around 1:15 and later at 2:20 made brilliant bridges, and managed to help transition this added feeling of dynamic nature towards it, which is definitely a good thing to go for. Even the louder parts were well expressed for the most part, and managed to give in that good attentive nature to it.

I do have one little tip if you're going to be using this dynamic contrast - try and watch the piano notes' attack when going louder. You managed to get this contrast working well, but I felt as if the attack was a little too soft to really match the full blown effect of the execution. If you can't cut the attack any further, then all I could really suggest was layer staccato notes over the top in post-production; it's a strange idea, but having handled piano production many times before it's definitely no easy task.

Regardless, a wonderful arrangement from Emory and a very sweet performance from Doc Nano! I think it's a little too exciteable for me to weep at though, but your mileage may vary; either way, I'm game to see what either of you would come up with next
Old 12-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Alex
Octorok (+200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
I do have one little tip if you're going to be using this dynamic contrast - try and watch the piano notes' attack when going louder. You managed to get this contrast working well, but I felt as if the attack was a little too soft to really match the full blown effect of the execution. If you can't cut the attack any further, then all I could really suggest was layer staccato notes over the top in post-production; it's a strange idea, but having handled piano production many times before it's definitely no easy task.
Yeah, the main S90 ES piano sound is definitely more suited to playing softer and more sensitive passages. Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Andrew Luers, Judge, Unsung Heroes Director
Big Boss (+6000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Absolutely beautiful. An excellent arrangement, and a great performance. Fantastic work, you guys should both be proud.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Evan
Little Mac (+900)

Reminds me very much of brentalfloss's "Introspective Duck" cover. But still this is a very nice remix. I'm a sucker for solo piano pieces, and this is no exception! I find the two sources to mix strangely well. Certainly a must download.

MeteoXavier <4:25> - And I'm always like, "Shut up, whitey, thats wiggity-wiggity-wiggity-wack"
Old 12-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Ryan Keeton
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Love me some solo piano, gorgeous track, very emotional. I liked the inclusion of Yearnings of the Wind but I think the transitions between the two themes could have been smoother or more gradual. The ending chord could have been held a second longer too, kinda just cut off. Very pretty track, piano sounded great, and great performance.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Greg Nourse, Workshop Moderator
Strider Hiryu (+5000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to Gario Send a message via Skype™ to Gario
Great piano work, guys - it has all of the right embellishments, great overall tone and some very nice integration of the themes. Knowing that Evory is a competent pianist himself, it's interesting to see him simply score a piece for Doc Nano to perform.

Very well done, you two. I hope to hear more from you guys.

<Insanctuary> I love humility; I eat it for breakfast.
Get involved! The Lufia Album, ORC and PRC are all looking for volunteers!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Wow, this is really awesome. Great job on the arrangement and props to Doc on the performance. This is far and away better than my arrangement on piano. Stay classy and keep it up!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Blake Troise
Tanooki Mario (+1500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Impressively beautiful harmonies as per usual.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Wow, I'm really enjoying this. I'd never thought of the Moon theme as a calm piano piece, but it sounds brilliant. And the transitions between both songs are excellently done! I would definitely like to hear more arrangements from you, Evory. And of course, I loved Dancing Leaves, so seeing Doc Nano's name on here got me all excited as well. :D

A great track, you guys! Keep it up!

Last edited by Ando; 12-27-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Tags
collab, mellow, piano, romantic, solo, solo-piano