Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Adam Prack
Goomba (+100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Send a message via AIM to C7
Wow, thank you all very much! I'm glad people are liking this so much! It was a ton of fun to do, and I hoped people would enjoy some ear aerobics in some places for seeing where the sources turn up. I wouldn't fault someone for thinking it a bit on the liberal side, but I'm ecstatic for people who really enjoy it and appreciate it--there was a lot of work put into it.

Thank you all so much! Let's hope for some more comments
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Octorok (+200)

It took me the second listen through before I noticed Song of Healing in there, and several more times before I recognized all instances of Song of Healing. Really amazing job, I'm stunned by the quality of this mix.

Also, the section from 2:44-2:50 made me think Sins of a Solar Empire. In fact, this mix would actually fit pretty well in that game.

Had I not known this was Majora's Mask ahead of time, it would've taken me forever to realize what it was, and that's not a bad thing.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Jordan Etienne
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

this was a really good movie. I loved the scene with the climactic trumpet.

seriously though, i like how you twisted the sources. i could recognize them pretty well on the first listen, but it's still very interesting how you re-arranged it all. very beautiful.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:02 AM

What?

nicely done. it made me sad how no one would remix Majora's Mask into some theatrical like remix, but this takes the cake.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:01 AM
Adam Prack
Goomba (+100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I'm glad people are still commenting! One of the biggest reasons for making the remix was the lack of Majora love on the site. Here's to more!
Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Wesley Cho, Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director
Sheng Long (+10000)

Solid mix here, this song goes places and can't really be accused of remaining in one place which is always nice to hear . It has direction and moves with a purpose. The song rests a little on the quiet side overall for me. Other than that, this is a nice orchestral take that does its job pretty well, and I don't have too much to say about it. I guess the song could use a little more instrumentation and maybe more string usage, but the results are pretty good here.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Callum Kennedy
Ryu Hayabusa (+700)

Up until 0:20 this is quite haunting.
Then it just gets grand, resembling a large film score.
The quality is excellent! The arrangement is also quite fantastic.
1:17 brings frightening feelings to mind. This is quite a dark piece.
I must be drawn to all of these dark and mysterious ReMixes. Because I enjoy them a lot.
At 2:10 it hits the fan. Breaking down again at 2:40 in a way reminiscent of Threnody by Krysztof Penderecki.
All in all. This is a horrifically good piece.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Martin K.
Simon Belmont (+2500)

Send a message via AIM to Martin Penwald
Very intense remix. The production values are through the roof.

For some reason, this makes me think of the Xenogears OST. Which is always a good thing.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:33 AM
Adam Prack
Goomba (+100)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Thank you so much for all the comments and compliments! The criticisms are much appreciated, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuberz McGee
Breaking down again at 2:40 in a way reminiscent of Threnody by Krysztof Penderecki.
I love that piece and Penderecki in general! I can't say I was shooting to sound like Threnody in any of it, but I'm cool with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut
Solid mix here, this song goes places and can't really be accused of remaining in one place which is always nice to hear . It has direction and moves with a purpose. The song rests a little on the quiet side overall for me. Other than that, this is a nice orchestral take that does its job pretty well, and I don't have too much to say about it. I guess the song could use a little more instrumentation and maybe more string usage, but the results are pretty good here.
Hey, thanks! Yeah, I probably could've maximized the sound a bit more, but having a place to go with the dynamics was a bigger focus to me a the time. And I guess I didn't really give a whole lot of good melodic stuff to the strings much. Ah well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnveiledOsiris
It's been almost a year since I last logged in (not to say that I haven't been on daily ), but I wanted to express my LOVE for this remix.
Glad to drag someone out of the woodwork
Old 09-14-2012, 05:36 AM
Ben Rybczynski

Great track. Some parts remind me of the music from Enter The Matrix for the PS2.

Tags
brass, cinematic, dramatic, orchestral, strings