Old 02-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Rob4
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare4War View Post
I'm not a freak fan but, it should be seven.

It really should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
you know, it would be nice if they put that energy into something else... something new. A follow up to a franchise that they left behind, despite how well it was received. Like say, oh... Einhander II.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalzon View Post
I am so not interested in this. I'd prefer an HD Chrono Cross rerelease. That'd be swell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zircon View Post
Aside from graphics, translation and audio quality, FF7 still stands the test of time. The game is extremely long with tons of side quests, secrets, character customization, etc. Combat is still fast-paced and fun, between limit breaks, lots of magic/summons and command combinations. A next-gen remake/retranslation of the game would easily stand on its own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orichalcon View Post
Same with Spiderman movies. I don't think a remake is possible.
What they said... +"Rad Racer" to The Coop's comment.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:50 AM
Taylor Lyndis, Audio Engineering Director
Big Boss (+6000)

<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | * +sixto stares at the tits | Now Taking Commissions! | <ocre> I'm the John Ratzenberger to OCR's pixar | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 AM
OK, We'll Groove/Random Encounter Director
Dark Force (+9000)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

......it took this long for that!?

Why polygon?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Goomba (+100)

Ehh if thats a screenshot it doesn't look as excellent as the game would have to be to get me to buy it.

X is my favourite FF but I still have a PS2 and a copy of FFX. They'd have to have made the remaster really special (I'm talking like extra content or FREAKING BLITZBALL ONLINE) to make me buy it.

Was a bizarre choice to remaster X really, it's not old enough to warrant it really in my eyes or at least it holds up so well it doesn't really need a glaze of HD unless you are a big graphics junkie.

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Bartolome Argentino
Sheng Long (+10000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptazza View Post
Ehh if thats a screenshot it doesn't look as excellent as the game would have to be to get me to buy it.
that's the map exploration model that normally isn't supposed to be so close to the camera
Old 02-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Markus Samuel
Eggplant Wizard (+300)

lol, that picture doesn't exactly meet my expectations.. They've been doing the damn thing for over a year now.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Luigi (+2000)

The only way I would buy this is if they give me the option to skip cutscenes (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) and if they redid the entire voice cast. James Taylor did a much better job in the ratchet games so it can only better this time around.

"I have yet to see an argument that will stand up to Christianity.... And believe me, I've looked." - Myself.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM
David
Dr. Wily (+1300)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptazza View Post
Was a bizarre choice to remaster X really, it's not old enough to warrant it really in my eyes or at least it holds up so well it doesn't really need a glaze of HD unless you are a big graphics junkie.
+1.

Seriously, give it to FF7 or FF9.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Ryan Thompson
Dracula (+2750)

Honestly, 90% of the VO in FFX is great work -- it's just that the one laughing clip is the only thing people think about. Wakka in particular is incredibly well done.

The only reason to remake / re-release FFX or FFX-2 is to include all of the bonus bosses from the International Editions of the game. Graphically they look just fine, and upscaled higher-res textures isn't going to make a significant impact.

I've said this before in other threads, but will mention it here again: while I highly prefer both FFVI and FFIX, it's FFVII that really needs a graphical update -- the game was released when 3D gaming was in its infancy, and it shows.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Beth Wulff
Octorok (+200)

That video has such a crap framerate, it's hard to see how good anything is anyway.

I agree it'd be worth it if they put in the international material. I never got to play that version. It would also be worth it if they fixed their polygon jitter problem. Watch FFX close-ups sometime, especially when a character is moving slowly or just slightly. There's polygon wiggle all over the damn place.