Old 03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Dustin Branscum, Be Aggressive! Co-Director
Kraid (+1200)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Mokram View Post
As soon as I get enough spare time, gonna pay tribute to the good ole Flashback - the Quest for Identity.
Such a good game.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Liam
Red Mage (+400)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Mokram View Post
As soon as I get enough spare time, gonna pay tribute to the good ole Flashback - the Quest for Identity.
I hate to say it (as I do love Flashback) but I think it was originally for the Amiga and then ported to PC, Sega etc.

On another note, I think I'll get started on my mix for this in the next few days (maybe even today).
Old 03-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Be Aggressive! Co-Director
Raccoon Mario (+1450)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellanic View Post
I hate to say it (as I do love Flashback) but I think it was originally for the Amiga and then ported to PC, Sega etc.
You're absolutely right. Flashback hit the Amiga first in 1992, then the MS-DOS one year later, in 1993.
But technically it's still eligible for the Initiative, since it saw a proper release on the system.
Maybe Archangel can chime in on whether ports are allowed or discouraged all together.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Eino Keskitalo
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

I suppose the main thing is that, when the mix hits the front page, it would be listed under either DOS or Windows games in the database. Depends on djpretzel/site staff, but I would guess this would require that the DOS version would have a distinct version of the soundtrack.

--Eino
Old 03-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Ghaleon (+2250)

Just thought I'd tell you guys, I support this idea wholeheartedly. All my years at OCRemix I've noticed a stunning lack of PC remixes, hopefully this'll bring some freshness to the table. Godspeed to everyone involved.

Oh, and if anyone were to do a Space Quest album or any other Sierra-related thing, they'd be in my good graces for life ^_^

Follow along with my attempt to finish 100 games before buying any new ones at my blog!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 PM
Gerry Wheatley, The Missingno Tracks Director
Dark Force (+9000)

Where's Descent? Three games with a couple of expansion packs = lots of music to pick from.

Seriously? No Descent? One of my favorite series ever, and nothing?
Old 03-15-2012, 05:36 PM
David
Mario (+1400)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Damned View Post
Where's Descent? Three games with a couple of expansion packs = lots of music to pick from.

Seriously? No Descent? One of my favorite series ever, and nothing?
I know! It's a grave injustice that there's just two remixes of the series, quality remixes though they might be. It needs to be rectified.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:33 PM

I was thinking the same about OCR, so count me in! I probably won't finish it, and it won't be accepted either (3xOsc mix only atm), but let me claim Dirty Split Theme by Matthew Brown. Yeah, I know, freeware games ... but I like it.

Last edited by Krakozhia; 04-29-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Eino Keskitalo
Link (+1900)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Unfortunately, the initiative has a time restriction of up to year 2000. But freeware games, definitely cool! Nothing says they can't have awesome music. And be awesome games.

--Eino
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM
David
Mario (+1400)

Just had a stray thought for music idea: the game Sapiens. It was a shareware game I played that came with a cd called Galaxy of Games III, where you're a neanderthal-ish person trying to survive in a world filled with bears, wolves, and rival tribes, some who want to trade with you and some who want anyone who isn't wearing one of their funny hats to be dead; had some really good beats and tribal feels to it. I could easily imagine it getting remixed into some sort of techno-ey or ethnic remix. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Well, I found tons of places where you could download the game, but only one decent Youtube video with it strangely in mono. Anyone who wanted to remix it would probably be better off just downloading the game and listening to it in its originality, lol, but that'll at least give you a taste of it.

Last edited by Melbu Frahma; 04-30-2012 at 03:14 PM.