Blue Six Seven

XPRTNovice

So I'm working on my second remix. I wanted to take the idea of Kekfa's theme and work it out as a bluesy bassline, and then found out that there were other boss themes that fit really nicely into the groove. So it's a bit of an amalgamation.

I'm not sure if I like the ending, and I know there are ways I can improve this, but I've been staring at it for the last couple of days without really making any changes. I feel a bit stuck.

http://soundcloud.com/xprtnovice/six-boss-seven

So I'm working on my second remix. I wanted to take the idea of Kekfa's theme and work it out as a bluesy bassline, and then found out that there were other boss themes that fit really nicely into the groove. So it's a bit of an amalgamation.

I'm not sure if I like the ending, and I know there are ways I can improve this, but I've been staring at it for the last couple of days without really making any changes. I feel a bit stuck.

http://soundcloud.com/xprtnovice/six-boss-seven

Interesting take - in most places it works but the one big criticism i had was that it stayed at the same dynamic level the whole way through - it was just like variations with the same bass and drum dynamic and feel (apart from the double time ending which i just heard now!) but there weren't any big moments - it felt like it was one thing after another. The playing was great! Makes me think i've GOTTA collab with you but i think i felt as though it was on dynamically on one level and i didn't feel like "i know this is the verse section" "this is the chorus section"... it felt like one variation after another with little specific structure or dramatic difference in sections.

That said, i am tired and i've only listened to it twice so if these are not the case definitely disagree!

i should stop talking though. You've been pretty active though - kudos! And you've got so much done on this but i'd say make each section feel more structured so it's not section after section after section - we want to sing along!!! :)