Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Nintendude794's Avatar
Nintendude794 Nintendude794 is offline
Hunter
Dan Hibiki (+50)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW, Texas
Interested

I messaged The Damned about claiming Tetris. For everybody, though, here's a WIP/demo/sketch: http://soundcloud.com/nintendude794/tetris-fur-elise

I don't understand why this rough sketch seems to be one of my more popular SoundCloud tracks...

Thoughts, constructive criticism? It's only a quick draft, and if I'm allowed if not encouraged to take Tetris, my next WIP will be much better.
__________________
nintendude794

Currently involved in project(s): Ice Water - Recruiting! To join, or even loosely mention interest, respond on the link. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
  #72  
Old 04-08-2012, 03:16 AM
WillRock's Avatar
WillRock WillRock is offline
William Harby, Judge
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendude794 View Post
I messaged The Damned about claiming Tetris. For everybody, though, here's a WIP/demo/sketch: http://soundcloud.com/nintendude794/tetris-fur-elise

I don't understand why this rough sketch seems to be one of my more popular SoundCloud tracks...

Thoughts, constructive criticism? It's only a quick draft, and if I'm allowed if not encouraged to take Tetris, my next WIP will be much better.
You shouldn't post WIPs on the forums. That stuff should be private :P

This is pretty cool, altho use of fur elise kinda makes me a little unsure overall, depends on damned tho. As far as performance/production goes, this is def cool, I love the take :D.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-08-2012, 03:19 AM
WillRock's Avatar
WillRock WillRock is offline
William Harby, Judge
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoS View Post
I did a short demo. If any of likes this, I'll continue to work on it.

http://snd.sc/H0tMtG
that needs a bit more personalisation before we'd consider it for the project. Thanks for showing an interest tho!

BTW GUYS SEND WIPS BY PM. NOT BY FORUMS :P

Last edited by WillRock; 05-08-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM
AMT's Avatar
AMT AMT is offline
Austin Thresher
Dr. Wily (+1300)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Mexico
Summer is about to start and making music sounds fun- can I tentatively grab Metroid 2?
__________________
I yell at inanimate objects.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-17-2012, 02:35 PM
WillRock's Avatar
WillRock WillRock is offline
William Harby, Judge
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
Summer is about to start and making music sounds fun- can I tentatively grab Metroid 2?
Yep you're good to go. I've updated the Gdoc.

6 more tracks to claim dudes!
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 05-17-2012, 04:12 PM
The Damned's Avatar
The Damned The Damned is offline
Gerry Wheatley, The Missingno Tracks Director
Dark Force (+9000)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Terminus Cave... looking for the ****ing exit
Yeah, I was terribly busy and then I was lazy. But I guess now that WillRock has posted again, I have to do something.
__________________
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9771-2777
PokÚmon Black Friend Code: 2923 8368 2413
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Chernabogue's Avatar
Chernabogue Chernabogue is offline
Alexandre Mourey
Simon Belmont (+2500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
I'd be sad not to try to make something for this project. Is everybody allowed to ask for a track?
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-17-2012, 08:26 PM
WillRock's Avatar
WillRock WillRock is offline
William Harby, Judge
Ghaleon (+2250)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernabogue View Post
I'd be sad not to try to make something for this project. Is everybody allowed to ask for a track?
We do ask for auditions from people who don't have an OCR artist profile... so yeah send an audition of a track you've done in the past and we'll see if you're appropriate for the project
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Chernabogue's Avatar
Chernabogue Chernabogue is offline
Alexandre Mourey
Simon Belmont (+2500)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRock View Post
We do ask for auditions from people who don't have an OCR artist profile... so yeah send an audition of a track you've done in the past and we'll see if you're appropriate for the project
Alright, thanks for the answer, Will!
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Nintendude794's Avatar
Nintendude794 Nintendude794 is offline
Hunter
Dan Hibiki (+50)
OC ReMix Artist Profile
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW, Texas
iSent The Damned A Private Message Two Months Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Damned View Post
Yeah, I was terribly busy and then I was lazy. But I guess now that WillRock has posted again, I have to do something.
iSent The Damned a PM almost two months ago. You'd think he could at least tell me "No thanks" rather than hold me in suspense about claiming Tetris, assuming it was/is a "Nope, sorry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendude794 View Post
I messaged The Damned about claiming Tetris. For everybody, though, here's a WIP/demo/sketch: http://soundcloud.com/nintendude794/tetris-fur-elise

I don't understand why this rough sketch seems to be one of my more popular SoundCloud tracks...

Thoughts, constructive criticism? It's only a quick draft, and if I'm allowed if not encouraged to take Tetris, my next WIP will be much better.
^And then I tried to post it in the forum itself, following a fellow nooooob's lead. We both were criticized err berated by WillRock for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRock View Post
You shouldn't post WIPs on the forums. That stuff should be private :P

This is pretty cool, altho use of fur elise kinda makes me a little unsure overall, depends on damned tho. As far as performance/production goes, this is def cool, I love the take :D.
Although WillRock seemed to like my sketch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRock View Post
Yep you're good to go. I've updated the Gdoc.

6 more tracks to claim dudes!
So, since apparently WillRock is running the sources [also/better], Howdy again! And since I'm finally posted--even though my past PM included the same track as my audition, while it was still in To Be Posted queue--I just now forwarded that same message to both o' y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillRock View Post
We do ask for auditions from people who don't have an OCR artist profile... so yeah send an audition of a track you've done in the past and we'll see if you're appropriate for the project
If it's no longer impressive--which is how I feel, seeing as how I recorded it 18 months ago and as such have likely gotten so much better--I also put this rough, specific idea for Tetris on my SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/nintendude794/tetris-fur-elise
^Look at how many people have listened to and downloaded what I thought a terrible sketch! And that's my most downloaded track on SoundCloud...

Sorry to message in both places, y'all. I don't care what the answer is, I jus' need one and've been waitin' on one, so I can stop worryin' about claiming it and/or get to work on a quite legit piano take of Tetris. Thanks.
__________________
nintendude794

Currently involved in project(s): Ice Water - Recruiting! To join, or even loosely mention interest, respond on the link. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.