ANNUAL FUNDRAISER!! Help us take OCR to the next level by supporting us on PATREON!!

Old 05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Dan Hibiki (+50)

Hello, I'm DrevanZero, aka Poke2mon3. I am planning to enter the world of Metroid remixes, as it is by far my favorite series of all time. I am actually planning to begin work on a Mother Brain (SM) mix today.
Sponsored Links

Please register to remove the above advertisement.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:18 AM

Hi, I'm Jean945 (or just Jean). I'm a music fanatic, I play the drums and try to create some stuff on with FL Studio.
Music is in my blood so I really like to express that in any way possible. I had my first console when I was 3 (N64) and since then I'm playing video games in some kind of shape or form. I attach the emotions I felt that time with the music I heard on video games I played when I was kid, so to be able to revisit all my favorite video game music makes me very nostalgic.

I've been trying to create some stuff with programs like FL Studio and Audition for the past few years and I really like the liberty that I feel, I can do whatever the hell I want with music. I like remixing music and creating it, and now I just wanna get better and improve my skills.

Anyways, looking forward to my stay
Old 06-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Hi, name is Marco and i'm from spain.
New to the site and the forums. Hope to find useful information and friendly people.
I've been always into music but just started with computer music. Mostly i use renoise and a couple of vst.
Thankyou for the site, seems to be awesome.

Last edited by V0id; 06-09-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Mike Melanson
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Hi, I'm Multimedia Mike. I know nothing about creating music (aside from programmatically synthesizing a few 8-bit NES tunes from memory on various types of PCs about 20 years ago when just starting to learn to program). But I'm a big fan of OCRemix and its music. I actually discovered the site over a decade ago and downloaded some songs, but then just sort of... forgot about it for a long time. Then I watched a web show called Extra Credits that reminded me that the site existed.

Anyway, even though I can't compose music, I like to write software that pertains to music. The reason that I finally registered for the forums is that I have been working on some music software that OCRemix people might find useful (and could even be integrated into the site someday).
Old 06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Aaron
Luigi (+2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimedia Mike View Post
Hi, I'm Multimedia Mike. I know nothing about creating music (aside from programmatically synthesizing a few 8-bit NES tunes from memory on various types of PCs about 20 years ago when just starting to learn to program). But I'm a big fan of OCRemix and its music. I actually discovered the site over a decade ago and downloaded some songs, but then just sort of... forgot about it for a long time. Then I watched a web show called Extra Credits that reminded me that the site existed.

Anyway, even though I can't compose music, I like to write software that pertains to music. The reason that I finally registered for the forums is that I have been working on some music software that OCRemix people might find useful (and could even be integrated into the site someday).
Welcome to the OC Remix forums Multimedia Mike! (can I call you Mike? )
Quote:
Anyway, even though I can't compose music, I like to write software that pertains to music. The reason that I finally registered for the forums is that I have been working on some music software that OCRemix people might find useful
Interesting. What kind of music software do you write (VSTs, DAWs, audio effects)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t(n)eko View Post
Hi folks

First I have to say: great site, great stuff, very helpful and interesting! I'm very glad I landed here :D

About me: I'm almost finished studying jazz saxophone (and finally bought a good saxophone mic, so if you ever need a saxophone sample just ask ;) )

Since I was a kid I was very fascinated with video games especially the audio part but I never found the time to dig really deep into game music production (practicing saxophone eats a damn lot of time you know…) but since last summer I spent more and more time for writing, producing, remixing etc. (I also got my first project and in two weeks I go with my jazzband into the studio to record the soundtrack for this amazing game http://www.mariov.ch/mirage/, wuhuuu! a first impression can be found here http://soundcloud.com/andibissig/die...hung-des-hutes)

so I've really just begun in the business but I guess there is no way back now so if anyone of you has a bit of spare time, I would be very grateful if you could listen to my works on http://soundcloud.com/tneko and give me some advice, tips, etc

thanks a lot and let's make the virtual world a better one with good audio!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrevanZero View Post
Hello, I'm DrevanZero, aka Poke2mon3. I am planning to enter the world of Metroid remixes, as it is by far my favorite series of all time. I am actually planning to begin work on a Mother Brain (SM) mix today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean945 View Post
Hi, I'm Jean945 (or just Jean). I'm a music fanatic, I play the drums and try to create some stuff on with FL Studio.
Music is in my blood so I really like to express that in any way possible. I had my first console when I was 3 (N64) and since then I'm playing video games in some kind of shape or form. I attach the emotions I felt that time with the music I heard on video games I played when I was kid, so to be able to revisit all my favorite video game music makes me very nostalgic.

I've been trying to create some stuff with programs like FL Studio and Audition for the past few years and I really like the liberty that I feel, I can do whatever the hell I want with music. I like remixing music and creating it, and now I just wanna get better and improve my skills.

Anyways, looking forward to my stay
Welcome, all three of you! If you're ever looking for critique with your work, don't be afraid to post in the Workshop forum. There's a subforum for both remixes that are in-progress (and finished, but looking for critiques) and for any original works. Feel free to pop in and share what you're working on.

If there's anything else you're curious about, feel free to ask around!

Thanks Doulifee!

Last edited by Anorax; 06-13-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Group Welcome seems to be in order
Old 06-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Mike Melanson
Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorax View Post
Welcome to the OC Remix forums Multimedia Mike! (can I call you Mike? )
Interesting. What kind of music software do you write (VSTs, DAWs, audio effects)?
I had to look up those acronyms... virtual studio technology? Digital audio workstation? Goodness, that sounds awfully complicated. No, that's a bit out of my league.

The audio software project I've been working on recently could best be described with the high concept pitch of: "Chipamp in the web browser." I hope to make chiptunes more accessible by allowing them to be played directly in a web browser.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Aaron
Luigi (+2000)

Quote:
I had to look up those acronyms... virtual studio technology? Digital audio workstation? Goodness, that sounds awfully complicated. No, that's a bit out of my league.

The audio software project I've been working on recently could best be described with the high concept pitch of: "Chipamp in the web browser." I hope to make chiptunes more accessible by allowing them to be played directly in a web browser.
That's... actually a really awesome idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockos View Post
A good idea is to pit-stop to the workshop. I swear it is the best thing!

PITSTOP!

Couldn't resist

Thanks Doulifee!

Last edited by Anorax; 06-13-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 AM
Benjamin Paric

Smile Legendary Possum!

Hi everyone!

My name is Ben, but online people call me LP for short. Oh, it's not short for Ben. It's short for Legendary Possum!

Legendary because I love all things legend. Brutal Legend, The Legend of Zelda, legendary berry fruit punch. Wasn't a big fan of I am Legend, though.

And possum because I just love the little underappreciated buggers to death. With their big ol' mouths and their widdle paws and the way the babies climb all over the mama like she's a jungle gym. I'm getting the word out about possums!

I'm an avid collector and listener to video game music and I have been my whole life. I'm just now learning this composition business, but I think I'm on the right track! My inspirations are, beginning with the obvious, Koji Kondo and Motoi Sakuraba. Then comes John Powell, James Newton Howard, James Horner, John Williams, Danny Elfman, etc. And last but not least, the classical composers and, in particular, the efforts of Swiss musician Marc Reift and the Philharmonic Wind Orchestra (look 'em up on Amazon).

I really enjoy the big-band, wind-orchestra sound, and I'm trying to emulate that in my current and future ReMixes. I look forward to getting and giving feedback to all my fellow musicians here at OCR!

~LP
Old 06-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Aaron
Luigi (+2000)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryPossum View Post
Hi everyone!

My name is Ben, but online people call me LP for short. Oh, it's not short for Ben. It's short for Legendary Possum!

Legendary because I love all things legend. Brutal Legend, The Legend of Zelda, legendary berry fruit punch. Wasn't a big fan of I am Legend, though.

And possum because I just love the little underappreciated buggers to death. With their big ol' mouths and their widdle paws and the way the babies climb all over the mama like she's a jungle gym. I'm getting the word out about possums!

I'm an avid collector and listener to video game music and I have been my whole life. I'm just now learning this composition business, but I think I'm on the right track! My inspirations are, beginning with the obvious, Koji Kondo and Motoi Sakuraba. Then comes John Powell, James Newton Howard, James Horner, John Williams, Danny Elfman, etc. And last but not least, the classical composers and, in particular, the efforts of Swiss musician Marc Reift and the Philharmonic Wind Orchestra (look 'em up on Amazon).

I really enjoy the big-band, wind-orchestra sound, and I'm trying to emulate that in my current and future ReMixes. I look forward to getting and giving feedback to all my fellow musicians here at OCR!

~LP
Sweet! Welcome to the community LP!
Don't be afraid to post your work in the Workshop forums, whether finished or not. Great place to gain experience!

Thanks Doulifee!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:09 AM
Roch C˘tÚ
Abobo (+600)
OC ReMix Artist Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorax View Post
That's... actually a really awesome idea!

PITSTOP!

Couldn't resist

Nearly 1 month later ^^. But thanks hahah the picture made me laugh anyway!