Minecraft [1.7.2/4?]

Gollgagh

The server has been updated to 1.4.5. If you already updated to 1.4.6, here's how to get back to 1.4.5:

Step 1 - Download a clean Minecraft 1.4.5 Jar file from Mojang: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar

Step 2 - Type %appdata% into the start menu

Step 3 - Open .minecraft folder

Step 4 - Open the bin folder

Step 5 - Delete (or make a backup of) the current Minecraft.jar file

Step 6 - Paste in the Minecraft 1.4.5 jar file

Having a profile manager for the various versions is pretty helpful at this point. Especially since Mojang is already doing a pre-release for 1.4.7.

I moved a PayPal donation Drew Gourley made of $19.12 sometime in June over to the ClanPay. That makes £31.53 raised so far.

Oh, I should point out that while you do need a Multiplay account to contribute to the ClanPay, you aren't required to buy a server or any such nonsense to create the account. It's completely free from what I remember.

Edited by Abadoss

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a rollback to 1.4.5 for the minecraft.jar so I can get on the ocr server? Apparently when I had last updated (whenever that was), I updated to 1.4.6 from a version that was less than 1.4.5 (I think?)

EDIT: never mind, found it with a not-so-well-placed google search

Edited by Anorax

The server has been updated to 1.4.5. If you already updated to 1.4.6/1.4.7, here's how to get back to 1.4.5:

Step 1 - Download a clean Minecraft 1.4.5 Jar file from Mojang: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar

Step 2 - Type %appdata% into the start menu

Step 3 - Open .minecraft folder

Step 4 - Open the bin folder

Step 5 - Delete (or make a backup of) the current Minecraft.jar file

Step 6 - Paste in the Minecraft 1.4.5 jar file

Having a profile manager for the various versions is pretty helpful at this point.

Gollgagh, could you paste this in on the front page so that people can see the steps? Thanks.

I've never played Minecraft, but there are a few videos of sites from Final Fantasy 6 that someone constructed that look pretty impressive. I did a quick search in the thread and find anything, so hopefully these are new.

My favorite is Narshe, and you can find his other stuff from this video:

Yeah, his newest stuff is particularly impressive, but all of it's good. Much better than my half-assed reconstruction of Figaro Castle ever got...

I've never played Minecraft, but there are a few videos of sites from Final Fantasy 6 that someone constructed that look pretty impressive. I did a quick search in the thread and find anything, so hopefully these are new.

My favorite is Narshe, and you can find his other stuff from this video:

That guy used to make RPG Maker resources back when I dabbled in it, and also an RPG that I played. Pretty cool to see more recent stuff he's done! I tried to find that Terra skin but I couldn't :(

I finally decided to start playing on the OCR server after being whitelisted like, a year ago. There are some god damn impressive things you guys have made! I found a nice spot away from stuff to situate a small cabin to live in.

That guy used to make RPG Maker resources back when I dabbled in it, and also an RPG that I played. Pretty cool to see more recent stuff he's done! I tried to find that Terra skin but I couldn't :(

I finally decided to start playing on the OCR server after being whitelisted like, a year ago. There are some god damn impressive things you guys have made! I found a nice spot away from stuff to situate a small cabin to live in.

Depending on where you put it, it might be in someone else's claim. We'll have to find you a more permanent spot.

{edit} - I checked out where you ended up. It's a little close to my expansion and to Hoopydude, but you're not in anyone's way at the moment.

Edited by Abadoss

I tried to find that Terra skin but I couldn't :(

Here you go: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/terra-branford-1293119/

theburgomeister

an ocr minecraft server sounds awesome! minecraft, plus musicians!

Okay. You're on the whitelist. Make sure to read the /rules when you first log in cause you'll be held to them even if you didn't read them. We work on a claim system, which basically means that you don't build in someone else's area without their permission and we make sure that you get an area to work in for yourself.

Edited by Abadoss

Depending on where you put it, it might be in someone else's claim. We'll have to find you a more permanent spot.

{edit} - I checked out where you ended up. It's a little close to my expansion and to Hoopydude, but you're not in anyone's way at the moment.

Hm alright. It was just a small house to start out as I didn't plan on making anything huge there, but I suppose a more permanent area would be better when I do want to build something cool. My bad for not claiming a spot first!

Sweet, thanks!

Edited by Amphibious

sweet! how do claims work? do I just fly out into the middle of nowhere and start up,?

Not quite. Basically, you kind of have to be online the same time as Abadoss (and/or Itch maybe). Then you and Abadoss will work out what kind of claim you want terrain-wise, and then he'll try to hunt it down and set you up.

Of course it's probably a good idea to pick somewhere with resources, otherwise you'll have a hard time. So, a claim in the middle of a desert is a bad idea.