Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Netflix is amazing on it. You can be watching something on Netflix on the GamePad and yer wife can watch something else on the tv. It's great. :D

That's cool. Just being able to watch netflix and youtube outdoors and in bed sounds awesome. I can see lots of outdoor gaming / movie watching with this thing. Being able to control the TV without switching to another remote is absolutely sublime.

Also, I really hope that Nintendo allows a 1st or 3rd party music player / streaming application. I think the Wii U would really benefit from a jukebox style application, but the real reason I bought this machine was for the games...Still, I'm excited about the options it provides and would rather it be an inclusive device in my house rather than a divisive one.

is there a way i can separate real life friends and ocr friends? if not i'm not super duper interested.

plus i can't use my wii u for another 2 months

Easy, just send OCR friends a friend request, and follow real life friends.

I'm kinda disappointed at how clunky the combat system is in ZombiU.. the game seems broken because of it. It's really sad, the rest of the game was brilliant.

People like Calpis and Bleck are non-friend-adding no-funners. They've been provisionally registered since I got the darned thing and quite frankly this is a repeat of my 3DS friend list and a total injustice I demand justice.

THIS IS FIRST ON MY TO-DO LIST FOR TOMORROW. bo

I'm kinda disappointed at how clunky the combat system is in ZombiU.. the game seems broken because of it. It's really sad, the rest of the game was brilliant.

You make it sound like you played through the whole game, when you just told me you played the demo.

That game is very nuanced and is meant to be a strict resource-management survival horror game. The 'clunkiness' of the combat is a semi-valid complaint but you should realize that you're not supposed to feel powerful in the game. It's an intentional thing that you shouldn't feel like you can take on more than one zombie at a time. That's what flares, grenades, long range guns and mines are for. It's not a run and gun affair either.

Edited by ocre

Hmm yes all good points... and yes it was the demo...

I don't even know how to USE items... I assume I would have to look down at the gamepad and slide something down and then I don't even know.. it's a bit much to think of trying to do when you got 3 zombies running at you :-P

I don't know any other game that can run out of control so quickly.

You go from 'absolute calmness' to 'OH HOLY ****** CRAP WHAT DO I DO **** NO, RUN, SHOOT, CRAP, ****** AGHHHH' so quickly it's almost terrifying. The added nervousness that IF you do die, it matters, really strings up the tension.

And it's good that it does that, because on my second playthrough, knowing what to expect and having the experience to keep cool, it's not 'actually' ever that hard. If you keep your cool and act rationally, don't panic or react hastily to situations, nothing is that difficult :-P

Anyone want Nintendo Land? I got an extra on eBay just now as a bunch with ZombiU for $45, if you want it for $20 with free shipping it's yours eh? :-)

Or I might try to flip it on eBay but I've never sold on there before... Could probably start the bid at $20 and sell it :3

But if anyone here wants it you get dibs!

Edited by Brandon Strader

after Brandon linked me the announcement that eventually the VC games are playable on the tablet controller, I am now strongly considering the system, since that is pretty much what i'd spend 90% of my time doing. :-)

You guys gotta be COOL BROS and tell me when those updates this via PM, so I can go buy the system as soon as it is live. :-)

I put Nintendo Land up for sale. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251222518998

Starting price $15, 5 day duration.... wish me luck, bid if you want :-P

Aaaaand Balloon Fight on the GamePad is pretty sweet, but I can't beat my score from the very first time I played it. >;/ I can only manage HALF of that score. I don't understand why.

I put Nintendo Land up for sale. :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251222518998

Starting price $15, 5 day duration.... wish me luck, bid if you want :-P

Aaaaand Balloon Fight on the GamePad is pretty sweet, but I can't beat my score from the very first time I played it. >;/ I can only manage HALF of that score. I don't understand why.

close your eyes when you play it. that should work :tomatoface:

I got a score of 2947 and a gold trophy in Balloon Trip Breeze :-D I really like this game... I forget which day I was on but the spiked balls starting getting ridiculous. I only lost because of a split-second electrocuted spiked ball that instant-killed me a fraction of a second before it turned back to normal. :/

Glad you're enjoying it. Have you tried the Octopus dance game? :P

Yeaaahh... I have trouble following the movements when they get too fast and start going random directions... But it's fun enough. Seeing me on a blimp in the background is disturbing.

Yoshi's Fruit Cart is great. It's so disappointing to keep coming within a tiny distance of the piece of fruit.

Pikmin one is cool, seems easy, but it's my kind of thing. It's more of an experience than a challenge.

F-Zero Racer is pretty darn awesome, I'm actually excited to play that one again sometime.

Zelda is kind of meh. Without anyone to help out, it's just me rapidly spamming arrows at pigs, it's not as fun as I thought it would be.

Ninja Castle -- excited to play this again too, but I feel like I am held back by the gestures for scrolls not working properly.

Donkey Kong's Crash Course -- easy source of coins perhaps, difficulty curve gets to be a bit much near the end. Not bad.

Balloon Trip Breeze -- probably my favorite of all of them. The later levels where you have to squeeze through lines of floating spike balls is just ignorant.

Games I won't get to play cause I have no friends: Mario Chase, Luigi's Ghost Mansion, and Animal Crossing: Sweet Day, arguably the 3 best minigames in the set... You'd think they would have made online co-op or at least an AI companion like they did for Pikmin. Oh well.

edit: like most players I think I've played Metroid Blast the most, but I forgot to mention it.... hmmmm... it's not my favorite but it's definitely fun.

Edited by Brandon Strader